Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Closed Thread

Old 16-07-2012, 04:59 PM   #131
G2Red
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochi* View Post

I see. However, I still feel that it is my water condition being the culprit

maybe can try wc more often....I have a 3ft tank running on 2pcs of bio-foam filtration only....with 13pcs of live stock ranging from 6"-10"....every feeding will cloud the water...hence I will wc the next day after feeding...so far still can manage...
Old 16-07-2012, 07:46 PM   #132
Orochi*

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2Red View Post
maybe can try wc more often....I have a 3ft tank running on 2pcs of bio-foam filtration only....with 13pcs of live stock ranging from 6"-10"....every feeding will cloud the water...hence I will wc the next day after feeding...so far still can manage...
Okay thanks for the info !

Old 16-07-2012, 07:52 PM   #133
Orochi*

Btw, anyone recommend what food I should feed to my juv bichirs ? I feed them worms such as live earthworms or frozen red worms because I do not trust the ability of the feeders, except for catfish, to stay alive.
This is because, my 2 endlis are not feeding on either the worms or feeders, maybe just 1 or max 2 feeders if they eat and they are like getting more skinny as time passes~

Old 16-07-2012, 08:02 PM   #134
angjason
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid View Post
Hi,

noticed black spots on my Lap
, would like to confirm if these are birthmarks? or parasites?

thanks.
Looks like birthmarks to me
Old 16-07-2012, 08:04 PM   #135
angjason
Arofanatic

Quote:
Btw, anyone recommend what food I should feed to my juv bichirs ? I feed them worms such as live earthworms or frozen red worms because I do not trust the ability of the feeders, except for catfish, to stay alive.
This is because, my 2 endlis are not feeding on either the worms or feeders, maybe just 1 or max 2 feeders if they eat and they are like getting more skinny as time passes~
If they are getting skinnier, maybe you wanna try feeding some easier to get food to them? Like cut
Mp or pellets that will allow them to feed easier? U can do frequent wc as I realize that frequent wc do help them to grow.
Old 16-07-2012, 08:07 PM   #136
angjason
Arofanatic

Quote:
Just sharing a bit of my comm. Just re-started with some juv bichirs and a gar in a 2ft tank. The tank's current set-up is very basic, 3 internal filters that's all, water a bit blur.
Food: live earthworms, mainly small catfish, occassionally guppies, small frogs. Some of the bichirs does not consume the small feeders provided so I bought live earthworms. However some does not eat the earthworms. Some of the bichirs have a very tiny appetite which is a headache to me because the alligator gar is feeding on the frogs and feeders well and growing so much faster than my bichirs and has consumed 2 of my endlis 2 days ago.

Fish Count:
2x Endli (because 2 got eaten)
1x Teugelsi
1x E. Calabaricus
1x Senegalus
3x Albino Senegalus (1 or 2 seems to be sb var)
1x Retro? (need help to id)
1x Alligator Gar

I'd need a lot of advice and guidance from the pros and experts here.
*Sorry for the poor resolution, all pictures are taken using an iPhone which doesn't focus properly.*

Thanks for viewing

Please help id this piece:
http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/...h/IMG_1342.jpg

Bichirs:
http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/...h/IMG_1367.jpg

Whole tank:
http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/...h/IMG_1366.jpg
Hey bro. Maybe you should reconsider keeping gator gar. Personal exp tells me they are quite aggro. Keep other types of gars instead
Old 16-07-2012, 09:23 PM   #137
Worldofbettas
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIX View Post
Left/right mirror effect...

wow nice photo taken! Very stunning fishes!
Old 16-07-2012, 09:31 PM   #138
Orochi*

Quote:
Originally Posted by angjason View Post
If they are getting skinnier, maybe you wanna try feeding some easier to get food to them? Like cut
Mp or pellets that will allow them to feed easier? U can do frequent wc as I realize that frequent wc do help them to grow.
The problem I'm facing is that they are barely feeding on any food even when the worms or feeders are just right around their jaw area. Thanks for the info

Quote:
Hey bro. Maybe you should reconsider keeping gator gar. Personal exp tells me they are quite aggro. Keep other types of gars instead
I see. Hmm.. Maybe I'll see how the situation goes first. Btw, how big would a florida gar grows up to ?

Old 16-07-2012, 10:44 PM   #139
TRIX
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Nice collection there bro trix! Haha your pbb collection is quite awesome! What is ur bichirs tankmates?
Thanks Jason! The tankmates are pike, pb, bowfin, ITs and gars. My red aro coming home soon too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldofbettas View Post
wow nice photo taken! Very stunning fishes!
Thank you!
Old 16-07-2012, 10:56 PM   #140
TRIX
Senior Dragon

Flying Jurassic Park

Closed Thread