Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 12:48 AM   #341
Ong88

Prof SK Ong

6.5' tank bichirs :

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Just because it's a bad idea doesn't mean it won't be a good time.
Use imgur for your photos sharing
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.imgur.mobile
Old 02-02-2013, 03:56 PM   #342
ZhenXiang
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidd View Post
Small update on my Faranah laps. Lap 1 is doing well colouring nicely, it is the second one in the video. Lap 2 hasn't coloured up at all. It is the first one to appear in the video.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
With your recent update, both look pretty much like a lap instead of dabola.
Lap 1 is a looker, hopefully i am able to find one that look similar in the next shipment
Old 02-02-2013, 06:09 PM   #343
jPoPbOl
Endangered Dragon

usuaLLY how long will a 18inches endi to reach 24inches??

main diet bf?
Old 02-02-2013, 06:37 PM   #344
jerrychoo
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jPoPbOl View Post
usuaLLY how long will a 18inches endi to reach 24inches??

main diet bf?
It will take years to grow from 18 to 24....
Old 03-02-2013, 03:02 AM   #345
AncientHao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidd View Post
Small update on my Faranah laps. Lap 1 is doing well colouring nicely, it is the second one in the video. Lap 2 hasn't coloured up at all. It is the first one to appear in the video.

YouTube Video
Lap 1 looks amazing!

Old 03-02-2013, 01:10 PM   #346
jamesbond
Arofanatic

guys, can i check where can i get decent price endis in LFS? i went c328, all skinny skinny like 1-2 inches only..looking for at least 6-7inches type..
Old 03-02-2013, 01:27 PM   #347
albertini
Arofanatic

Hi Bichir shifus, I have a problem here. I bought a piece of 14 inches WC "koliba" approx 2-3months ago. And since then this "koliba" bichir in my tank has never eaten. Was told it is on feeders and mp. I tried mp on him but it is not eating. the remaining bichirs in my tank are on pellets and mp. So I didn't want to give in to him to try out feeders.

My 1st question: is it normal for the WC "koliba" to go on hungry strike like that?

2nd question: what should I do next?

Thanks in advance.
Albertini
Old 03-02-2013, 01:27 PM   #348
desmondpeh
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbond View Post
guys, can i check where can i get decent price endis in LFS? i went c328, all skinny skinny like 1-2 inches only..looking for at least 6-7inches type..
Bro.. I think lots of LFSs carry in normal cb endies. You can try JZX, AH, NKS if you want.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:46 PM   #349
jamesbond
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by desmondpeh View Post
Bro.. I think lots of LFSs carry in normal cb endies. You can try JZX, AH, NKS if you want.

thanks.. will go NKS have a look.. care to roughly share the pricing?
Old 03-02-2013, 02:02 PM   #350
Nidd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhenXiang View Post
With your recent update, both look pretty much like a lap instead of dabola.
Lap 1 is a looker, hopefully i am able to find one that look similar in the next shipment
Thanks bro, I was literally at AH for 5 hrs choosing when they came in. Lucky there wasn't much of a crowd that day like usual. I think this guy is a keeper too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientHao View Post
Lap 1 looks amazing!
Thanks bro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertini View Post
Hi Bichir shifus, I have a problem here. I bought a piece of 14 inches WC "koliba" approx 2-3months ago. And since then this "koliba" bichir in my tank has never eaten. Was told it is on feeders and mp. I tried mp on him but it is not eating. the remaining bichirs in my tank are on pellets and mp. So I didn't want to give in to him to try out feeders.

My 1st question: is it normal for the WC "koliba" to go on hungry strike like that?

2nd question: what should I do next?

Thanks in advance.
Albertini
Normally it doesn't take that long to start a bichir eating, but I do have a friend who had an endi go on a 3 mth hungry strike after I gave it to him. It started eating around the 4th mth. I would think the environment plays a big part, my friend's tanning light is on 24/7, sometimes bichirs can be quite shy when it's bright.

Since bichirs are not fussy eaters, they should take anything u throw in, try turning off the lights when feeding in the night, and check his belly size in the morning. If that doesn't work, to get him on food first can throw a few BF before u sleep and check in morning if he got a big belly. Once he has eaten, try feeding him mp in the dark again. He should start eating.

Closed Thread