Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Equipment/DIY discussion

Old 10-12-2004, 07:12 PM   #31
nim75sg

Can someone please help, I am also very confused ...
Old 10-12-2004, 09:30 PM   #32
rapalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by nim75sg
Can someone please help, I am also very confused ...
Mee too!!!
Old 11-12-2004, 01:25 AM   #33
Marinelove

Weishun,

A few keys points to address so everyone can know:

When you do a search on internet, i can say that 99.9% of any manufacture for aquarium products even those from China or Malaysia list out at least an address or contact number for referance. Why not for this company?

If Aquapham indeed is a USA company like what you mention why arent there any record in the US business registry? Why?

The products Aquapharm made is not even carried by any major distributor in US or Europe or any major online mart.
If there is any please quote us?
There is no dealer location to anyone who carrys such products?

The truth i may suspect is a made product in Singapore but hyped and lie to end users that it is made in USA.

The only company known to a search in Aquapharm is in INDIA. and it deals with chemicals. So guys and gals !
A brand you should trust ? or not you decide.
If the maker is so unsure and dare not even claims it origin what about it content inside like what the labels claims? You decide.

I also did a search and yes there is a company in Singapore name 'MagicLaser', run by John Ong.

So maybe Weishun working with Magic Laser can bring up some facts on this issues as i believe everyone here would want to know the truth ?

A made in Singapore product but hype that is from USA or it is really from USA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin_weishun
Okay.. here goes..you see those aquapharm goods on the shelf of LFS? I am the one who brings the goods to their shelfs. I am the one supplying them the aquapharm products. They order the goods from me, i order from USA, USA brings the goods to me by air, i collect the goods from our warehouses and bring it to LFS all over singapore. Got it?

So its not really neccessary for AquaPharm to include their address and contacts on their website. USA have their USA Agent for the entire Europe region. The company i am working for is the sole agent/distributor for South East Asia. And i know very well whether the product is made in Singapore or US or not. The rest i dun think i will need to go into details anymore as its confidential.

Whether the product is a "copycat" or not, does not really matter. As long as it does what it is made for, whats more to complain. I do not wish to compare or make any unpleasant remarks about my competitor for PUR II, you all should know which brand lah hor. Its all about individual preference, we can't make everyone use one brand. Its all about fair competition. A confident product wun make discouraging remarks on their competitor's products. Am i right?
Old 11-12-2004, 01:43 AM   #34
Maculosus

Quote:
Originally Posted by woonming
I am confuse so which company is which company now?

Ming
Here goes:

Chemi-pure (Pict 1) is made by Boyd Enterprise, USA and it's also a very established product.
http://www.boydenterprisesonline.com/pages/2/index.htm
http://www.ereeftank.com/cart/catalo...ure_p_196.html

PUR-II (Pict 2) is produced by AquaPharm Labs, made in SG???
http://www.aquapharmlabs.com/filtrationmedia.htm
Old 11-12-2004, 02:04 AM   #35
Ekia

Looks so similar...
Old 11-12-2004, 02:22 AM   #36
Maculosus

For me, I would only use the original product. I remember that I saw Chemi-pure in SG almost 2 yrs ago, even in FW shops.

Some trivial info: Those guys at Boyd Enterprises started the first aquarium society in the US, in 1955 and had one of the first reef tank...a 3000gal monster that ran for 19 years!

BTW, some reefers at RC commented that Chemi-clean is very effective for treating cynobacteria.
Old 11-12-2004, 03:24 AM   #37
bonjour2

hmm , i was very sceptical abt Aquapharm the first time i saw it , no US contact , website no US contact also, Marine Mud w/o any info on the net ( not the usual practice of established companies not to display datas on products immediately after launching) ...

No one in RC knows abt this product also? even when it claim to be made in USA? or unless there were some agreement with some lab based companies in US to immitate the establised products and shipped over to a far away land from US to mkt the products.
Maybe can bring this product to CASE for investigation ?
Old 11-12-2004, 07:14 AM   #38
Marinelove

Agreed !
My questions is simple, if the product is REAL and made in USA as they claim, why would anyone not list out the address to this so call factory?
Even OceanBlend who is very new in the US market if you check it website there is address and contact number.

Maybe Chemifish can forward the hard facts to the mods or post it out here for us all to view? As i am sure many is very curious about it too.

So why would they want to cover up the address of the place it is made in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjour2
hmm , i was very sceptical abt Aquapharm the first time i saw it , no US contact , website no US contact also, Marine Mud w/o any info on the net ( not the usual practice of established companies not to display datas on products immediately after launching) ...

No one in RC knows abt this product also? even when it claim to be made in USA? or unless there were some agreement with some lab based companies in US to immitate the establised products and shipped over to a far away land from US to mkt the products.
Maybe can bring this product to CASE for investigation ?
Old 11-12-2004, 08:11 AM   #39
SGRay

Wow... now that I've read this, I'm really convinced that Aquapharm is a local product. For reasons I cannot disclose I can almost be certain that this is a local made product. especially after reading that MagicLaser's boss John Ong was the distributer..

However this doesn't reflect anything about the effectiveness of their products. I mean a cat that catches mouse is a good cat right? It doesn't matter what colour the cat is. If Aquapharm products does the job then it doesn't hurt us. If you dun have substantial prrof that Aquapharm is inferior to the other product in comparison then there is really no debate.

but on the other hand.... it still is a RIP OFF and a COPIED product! man.. isn;t this illegal?!
Old 11-12-2004, 08:22 AM   #40
Marinelove

Yes any cat that catch the mouse is a good cat, for this part i agreed and we leave to maybe chemifish to prove wrong otherwise.

For the general it is just a simple fact of why did they hype up the product about made in USA and etc......... There is so many brands in the market that is made in Singapore and nothing wrong with it...

So what is the REAL motive behind this reason ?