Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Product Reviews

Old 17-07-2005, 05:29 PM   #1
wlchew

Default PhosBan Reactor 150

Hi Bro, Get hold one of this FR from Good Bro, here for Months. Never have time to install it until today.

The package include with all the necessary tools except Tubing and pump.

The package includes:
FR Main Unit
a valve to control the in-let
4 pcs of hose clip.
and a starter Media!!! Yes, Phosban Phosphate Adsorption Media (150gram) !!

Some Technical Stuff (Specification):

Capacity: Use with mini. of 130g(250ml) up to max. 200g of PhosBan(or rowa)
Aquarium Size: One reactor for up to 150 Gal( 567litres)
Max. recommended flowrate: 80gal/hr = 300l/hr for 130g,
90gal/hr =342 l/hr for 200g
Connection for hoses : 3/8 inch (9.5mm)

What can you ask for? I get it install within an hour (to find all my tubing and correct pump to use... )

Will keep every one update whether my PO4 will drop after one week.
Old 17-07-2005, 05:34 PM   #2
wlchew

Btw, there are no spare screw...the "spare" is use for positioning the FR from the bottom as "|" instead of "\" or "/" when hook on to the glass tank/sump.

Another smart design from "Two Little Fishies" !!

Overall, I am very pleased with the product...Thank you..you know who you are!!!
Old 17-07-2005, 08:45 PM   #3
bloodlamb

Does this design also has a center tube?

I prefer design which do not have it so that it is easier to load. It seems to have many tumb screws to turn also. Always wonder why item made comercially cannot have a better design.

I got one from bio ocean during aquarama. I like the design, small and compact. Do not have the center pipe like Resun it replaces. The aquamarine FR design (skimz) is similar to the bio ocean except that is has a box to support the base.

How do you think the phosban compare to them?

I saw in a magazine that kent marine also have a FR. Has a cover that do not uses thumb screws.
Old 23-07-2005, 06:01 PM   #4
monsterz1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlchew
Btw, there are no spare screw...the "spare" is use for positioning the FR from the bottom as "|" instead of "\" or "/" when hook on to the glass tank/sump.

Another smart design from "Two Little Fishies" !!

Overall, I am very pleased with the product...Thank you..you know who you are!!!
Looks good. What a good buy.
Old 23-07-2005, 09:52 PM   #5
wlchew

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterz1975
Looks good. What a good buy.
Thank...I have requested a "blanket" PO to order two more..if you want, can tag along (Strictly for you only)
Old 23-07-2005, 10:26 PM   #6
bonjour2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodlamb
Does this design also has a center tube?

I prefer design which do not have it so that it is easier to load. It seems to have many tumb screws to turn also. Always wonder why item made comercially cannot have a better design.

I got one from bio ocean during aquarama. I like the design, small and compact. Do not have the center pipe like Resun it replaces. The aquamarine FR design (skimz) is similar to the bio ocean except that is has a box to support the base.

How do you think the phosban compare to them?

I saw in a magazine that kent marine also have a FR. Has a cover that do not uses thumb screws.
Hi Bloodlamb, 1st & foremost , welcome to Arofanatics from SRC . perhaps you can start a review on the Bio Ocean FR , if yr time permits? tat will benefit all of us .
Old 23-07-2005, 11:16 PM   #7
monsterz1975

Quote:
Thank...I have requested a "blanket" PO to order two more..if you want, can tag along (Strictly for you only)
Haha not now , thanks.
Old 24-07-2005, 02:32 AM   #8
wlchew

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterz1975
Haha not now , thanks.
No problem..It is a good product that worth sharing..many reviewed in ReefCentral.com..
Old 24-07-2005, 02:42 AM   #9
monsterz1975

Quote:
No problem..It is a good product that worth sharing..many reviewed in ReefCentral.com..
But my buddy may wana order this , so when u gona place order?
Old 24-07-2005, 12:45 PM   #10
bloodlamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjour2
Hi Bloodlamb, 1st & foremost , welcome to Arofanatics from SRC . perhaps you can start a review on the Bio Ocean FR , if yr time permits? tat will benefit all of us .
Hard to review if thats the only one I have used before besides a Resun. I just find thumb screws abit troublesome to use.

How do you load those design with a center pipe? You have to keep the cover in while pouring in media right? Otherwise the FR will get jammed when you start it up if some media get into the center pipe. Thats why I decided to get a new FR to change from my Resun FBF1000.

Performance wise I guess all FR are about the same as long as it does not get jammed and the media get fluidize. The type and volume of media it can use is probably be more important.