Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 22-07-2011, 11:47 AM   #11
koijunior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahpek_lion View Post
yup koi is a space consuming hobby =X need space to rear. the shp was there before i was born no chance 2 see it
According to my father, last time during the 80s, you can find very high quality koi in most LFS. ( But v. expensive ). Nowadays, quality has dropped. Don't know why also.
Old 22-07-2011, 02:16 PM   #12
Pet Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by koijunior View Post
According to my father, last time during the 80s, you can find very high quality koi in most LFS. ( But v. expensive ). Nowadays, quality has dropped. Don't know why also.
Yep. In the 80s, To be correct, Only a few LFS have v. h. quality Kio. Purely
from Japan. They have cert. to prove their import.
At that time most LFS had the local cross bred tpye. I should said lousy pattern and shape. only about $2 plus for a 4 inch.

But now situation changes , even some locally bred look alike with the pure japanese bred. Be it fighting fish, gold fish and guppy fish. why? Becos of better water control product and fish makan . Treatment for illness also more advance. Thus the end product , the fish got better and better.

I still love Kio best when they are at adult size of aleast 16". By then , the shape , pattern and colour if the gene and water parameter and fed are maintain in good control. Woooo. Beautiful.

Alas, As they grow bigger and bigger. Problem in space constrain . Too bad loh, what to do , if only I have a big pond.
Old 22-07-2011, 03:25 PM   #13
Hansreef

Default Nippon

Hi, try Nippon Koi. Saw them selling pellets for fast growth at $20 per pack. Call them to check the current price and stock.
Old 22-07-2011, 04:11 PM   #14
snowlion

Been observing Kois since 1993, I like to say that the Jap imports has improved by leaps and bounds.

Jap breeders has refined their bloodlines in terms of Pattern, Skin quality, Colour, Body shape, they are so much better today.

So many beautiful patterns that we used to salivate from Koi magazines, are commonly seen in recent imports by Max Koi farm, Nippon koi farm and few others.

I say times have changed, so have the quality of Jap Kois.
snowlion is offline   Reply With Quote