Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Aquatic Showcase & Photography

Old 22-08-2005, 10:07 AM   #21
terence28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOMYC44
very nice leh....colors should be back once it stabalises in its new home lah!!
Not so new home liao...4mths liao, bro...
Old 22-08-2005, 10:08 AM   #22
kimkuan

Quote:
Originally Posted by terence28
So far i have not been doing well with reds above 18", dunno how to bring out the redness... Give me good fish also no use...
i also want to know...

btw, what u feed??
Old 22-08-2005, 10:08 AM   #23
kagemaru

Quote:
come my place 4 months liao, going downward leh....
watever goes down will come up...no need to fret too much...the more u get worried, the more u want to change something...the more the red will get stressed out

One of the probable reasons could be an adaptation to the new environment...different PH? u measured the differences?

sometimes temp also plays a part
Old 22-08-2005, 10:14 AM   #24
terence28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagemaru
watever goes down will come up...no need to fret too much...the more u get worried, the more u want to change something...the more the red will get stressed out

One of the probable reasons could be an adaptation to the new environment...different PH? u measured the differences?

sometimes temp also plays a part
For me i cant see the colour dropping cos i look everyday. BM didnt see for 4months, so his impression would be more accurate. PH has been 5.1, yesterday forgot to measure.
Old 22-08-2005, 10:19 AM   #25
kagemaru

Quote:
He dun spoonfeed one leh... he just say yr water no good, fish looks stress not swimming well... so i have to go n adjust myself...
There are a myraid of reasons for a red to look stress...maybe he dun like the painting on your wall...maybe he dun like staying in a smaller tank than previously...or simply because he missed his ex owner

water no good also have many aspects...such as too high nitrates, PH too high, temp too high

He should give u a reason and let u explore...Sometimes I feel its too easy to say water is no gd...its helluva problem to troubleshoot...just like computer

u also experience tat mah...in terms of ppl saying "Your computer so slow"

how do u know the reasons why its slow unless u are at it
Old 22-08-2005, 10:22 AM   #26
kagemaru

Quote:
For me i cant see the colour dropping cos i look everyday. BM didnt see for 4months, so his impression would be more accurate. PH has been 5.1, yesterday forgot to measure.
think tonight I try to go over lah...skip one night lesson

Initital phase when u are unsure of the water parameters, get a set of water testing kit with u on standby and do the physical tests

Psychological reasons for fade of color I bo bian la...u got to solve these "heart" problems urself...but if water issue, we should be able to troubleshoot together

paiseh yesterday timing really all messed up because of the arrival of the new tanks
Old 22-08-2005, 10:23 AM   #27
Iori

Quote:
The main point is that this fish came to me in tip top condition, and it deteriorated in my hands lor... so i need to buck up lor...
I can imagine the stress esp since it's coming from BM...............
Old 22-08-2005, 10:30 AM   #28
terence28

Quote:
There are a myraid of reasons for a red to look stress...maybe he dun like the painting on your wall...maybe he dun like staying in a smaller tank than previously...or simply because he missed his ex owner

water no good also have many aspects...such as too high nitrates, PH too high, temp too high

He should give u a reason and let u explore...Sometimes I feel its too easy to say water is no gd...its helluva problem to troubleshoot...just like computer

u also experience tat mah...in terms of ppl saying "Your computer so slow"

how do u know the reasons why its slow unless u are at it
Old school method go by looking one mah...He commented on the surface bubbles not breaking up fast, alittle foamy, fish swiming abit tilt down, water not clear, "gaosai" media may not be enuff for good filtration....

When i sent him home, go n see his tanks, water is clear, bubbles break up, fish active... Reds all very red!
Old 22-08-2005, 10:34 AM   #29
terence28

Quote:
think tonight I try to go over lah...skip one night lesson

Initital phase when u are unsure of the water parameters, get a set of water testing kit with u on standby and do the physical tests

Psychological reasons for fade of color I bo bian la...u got to solve these "heart" problems urself...but if water issue, we should be able to troubleshoot together

paiseh yesterday timing really all messed up because of the arrival of the new tanks
Tomorrow is fine lah, not so critical that u need to skip class lah... PP has been like that 2 months liao, i never bother too much & fuss over her.... BM always tell me..."wont die one lah!"
Old 22-08-2005, 10:37 AM   #30
Iori

Quote:
Old school method go by looking one mah...He commented on the surface bubbles not breaking up fast, alittle foamy, fish swiming abit tilt down, water not clear, "gaosai" media may not be enuff for good filtration....

When i sent him home, go n see his tanks, water is clear, bubbles break up, fish active... Reds all very red!
My utmost fren.........sth to ask you..............my fren said that 'gaosai' not good for keeping reds, is that true?