Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences > African cichlids

Closed Thread

Old 26-08-2010, 11:58 PM   #31
Betta Mania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Man View Post
yeaps, like i always tell myself.. read up and research on what other hace done then come up with something of your own (: hahaha

haha over here i think youngest also 20+ lo.. hahaha
[QUOTE=Epiphone;7937234]hehe...me 30+...[/QUOTE]

Now all we need to find bros that is 40+ and bros 50+ then we can have multi- generation discussion for front siow-aholics and meet C328 kopitiam drink kopi and order the famopus clypot rice and exchange front of ifhy stories..hee hee hee

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontosa View Post
Wow - can see that Betta Mania has created a new Frontosa wave....and having fun at that!

My 2 cts to add - whatever we read off the net on how to "improve" the water for your fronts, be sure to do it gradually! Don't forget the fishes you keep are already climatised to whatever your existing parameters....so be sure to shift those parameters slowly (even to supposedly ideal levels) and monitor their behaviour as you go along. Key is : Do not shock your fishes!
Thanks to your collection that I taken over plus my own has become a deeeeeeep poison. Every night stay awake to 2/3 am admiring my fronts or researching them up on Ciphos.com, Cichlids.com and Frontosa.com. Can you tellme more about the parameters yours have been acclamitized to. Your routinr would help as well as your tips n views onfront keeping bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesAth View Post
seen betta mania before
but where got 60+

go out gathering i lao kui see u all
my humble collection not worth talking =D
I not 60+ brudder but touch sixties lah. If you dun believe, when I was a boy, Changi Airport was in Paya Lebar with a DC3 propeller plane

Can you bros here help by contriubutions no matter what your collection looks like.

Old 27-08-2010, 12:05 AM   #32
Epiphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Mania View Post
Thanks to your collection that I taken over plus my own has become a deeeeeeep poison. Every night stay awake to 2/3 am admiring my fronts or researching them up on Ciphos.com, Cichlids.com and Frontosa.com.
wait till you start on Zaires and F0...then that's really poison!!! Welcome to the Dark Zaire side......hahaha

Old 27-08-2010, 01:54 AM   #33
Young Man
Senior Dragon

here you go.. some pics of my humble setup.
sorry for the lousy pics cos of my limited skills..
FTS

group shot missing one piece..

another group shot

that's all folks (:

comments good or bad all are welcome (:
Old 27-08-2010, 02:10 AM   #34
frontosa
Dragon

YM - nice simple setup and great specimens you got there! Love it!

Betta - my parameters are very simple...basically dun even measure much. All I know is pH is ~8.5.....cos everytime I measure also about there and I seldom measure, maybe not even once every 6 months. I just add 10 spoonful each of epsom salt x red sea salt x baking soda every WC, every 2 weeks or so. Got loads of coral chips in the sump to buffer the water. That's it. Fronts no problem, I don't change the routine. By the way, my tank shld be about ~1,000L vol? For reference only.....and I feed moderately, maybe once a day.
Old 27-08-2010, 02:25 AM   #35
Young Man
Senior Dragon

Quote:
haha thanks bro for the compliments (: glad u like it (:
Old 27-08-2010, 02:34 AM   #36
Young Man
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Mania View Post
Thanks to your collection that I taken over plus my own has become a deeeeeeep poison. Every night stay awake to 2/3 am admiring my fronts or researching them up on Ciphos.com, Cichlids.com and Frontosa.com. Can you tellme more about the parameters yours have been acclamitized to. Your routinr would help as well as your tips n views onfront keeping bro.
bro try to get your parameters as such
pH: ~8
GH: ~15
KH: ~10

bro frontosa's routine is a good guide to roughly how to achieve these parameters, so SLOWLY bit by bit try to tweak your tank to it (:
enjoy (:
Old 27-08-2010, 05:54 AM   #37
Epiphone

Quote:
sorry for the lousy pics cos of my limited skills.
Very nice MBlues you have nice finnage also love those rocks...you got them from the nusery?

I think you may need to get more fishes inside...hehe.....

Old 27-08-2010, 06:47 AM   #38
Betta Mania

Thumbs up

Quote:

Betta - my parameters are very simple...basically dun even measure much. All I know is pH is ~8.5.....cos everytime I measure also about there and I seldom measure, maybe not even once every 6 months. I just add 10 spoonful each of epsom salt x red sea salt x baking soda every WC, every 2 weeks or so. Got loads of coral chips in the sump to buffer the water. That's it. Fronts no problem, I don't change the routine. By the way, my tank shld be about ~1,000L vol? For reference only.....and I feed moderately, maybe once a day.
Thanks for the reply bro - I also do a WC WEEKLY, I took your advice and added epsom salts , however I also use Stress Coat and Geo Liquid for African Cichlids- usually I don't measure but approximately guage the amount - haven't gotten round to baking soda yet, however added rock sea salt ( gonna get some marine salt today or tomorrow) Feed the fronts on a mixture of sinking pellets by Hiakari, NLS (?), Tetra Monster Sinking Pellets, Frozen Bloodworm and brine shrimp and also live brine shrimp. Heeding is depends if I am conducting training or not - when I conduct training, the every mrning before I go to work and once in the evening on weekends more often - three times or more,.... I notice they eat so slowly and little each time. I feed sparingly letting the pellets sink in two or three pellets at a time as I do not want them to foul the water

Quote:
FTS

group shot missing one piece..

another group shot

that's all folks (:

comments good or bad all are welcome (:
Swee swee fronts bro - bellieve that the actual specimen is even more beautiful. I see you also believe in a simple not too crowded look. More psace more fish to see less rocks to blocj tge view - Currently toying witht he idea but seeing them in the caves and recesses reluctant to do so. Thanks for sharing.... wish more bros would come into this thread - you are old kaki in fronts can u drum up some support eh bro?????....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiphone View Post
Very nice MBlues you have nice finnage also love those rocks...you got them from the nusery?

I think you may need to get more fishes inside...hehe.....
Agree - you can aford a couple more fronts in there

Last edited by Betta Mania; 27-08-2010 at 06:51 AM.

Old 27-08-2010, 09:56 AM   #39
foreverfrontosa
Senior Dragon

Quote:
FTS
(:
They look good under your TLC
Old 27-08-2010, 10:32 AM   #40
kikilala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic73 View Post
Great info for beginners like me. Really love the frontosa in your avatar. Where did you get it? Can share the breed, size and price?

I'm excited to read:"Frontosa do not grow to the size of the tank, they will grow to about 10-14 inches(25-35 cm)."

Can't wait to see my 7" Frontosa grow to 10" or more

Hi guys.. I'm new in this frontosa arena. Just bought 2 pcs @ 3" yesterday evening while shopping at LFS . Hope to learn more from sifus

Closed Thread