Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 29-01-2013, 05:23 PM   #21
ray2828
Dragon

walau, WP got win one GRC one leh and contest in a few others in GE 2011, how can no minority representation. Like that RP finish liao, how can be credible.
ray2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 05:42 PM   #22
Auratus
Arofanatic

When it's published or printed in ST (PAP news letter), aiyo so clear given green light to stir shit.
Auratus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 03:50 PM   #23
ymmij
Senior Dragon

I READ with surprise Mr Paul Antony Fernandez's letter yesterday ("Workers' Party lacks minority representation?"), which claimed he did not see any Workers' Party (WP) member from the minority races during its Punggol East by-election victory parade.

This was an unfortunate oversight by Mr Fernandez, a fact borne out by The Straits Times' reportage and publication of pictures from the WP's by-election victory parade, the same day Mr Fernandez's letter was published.

In addition, the party's minority MPs and members were involved in the Punggol East by-election campaign from Day One - supporting MP-elect Lee Li Lian on Nomination Day, visiting residents, speaking at election rallies and helping to hand out campaign materials.

Yet other members and volunteers from the minority races were involved in the logistics coordination for the by-election and, like their fellow members, did themselves and the WP proud.

Mr Fernandez then went on to query if WP secretary-general Low Thia Khiang had forgotten our national pledge, which enshrines equality, regardless of race or creed.

The WP is a multiracial party that celebrates a multiracial and multicultural Singapore. One of the party's aims, enshrined in its Constitution, is "racial equality in practice in all spheres of public activity and equal respect in law for all racial cultures".

Like any serious political party in Singapore, the party's doors are open to Singaporeans of all races. All our members, regardless of race, accept that in order for the WP to operate as a responsible and credible party, it is vital that we move forward as a team. The WP looks forward to more Singaporeans of all races joining our ranks in future.

Pritam Singh

MP for Aljunied GRC

http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/...party-20130129
ymmij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 04:00 PM   #24
globalcookie
Dragon

Good move.. having a minority race MP, WP Member, to write in response, strikes a balance.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 06:25 PM   #25
smellyfish
Dragon

LTK seems a bit face black black after PE win, and was saying things like WP cannot form govt and will work with govt.

I think he also fear if WP too successful, PAP might resort to more evil ways of fixing the opposition.

it seems now, tampines, east coast, joo chiat, kallang-moulmien all can potentially fall to WP.
smellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 03:08 AM   #26
DarkMind

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfish View Post
LTK seems a bit face black black after PE win, and was saying things like WP cannot form govt and will work with govt.

I think he also fear if WP too successful, PAP might resort to more evil ways of fixing the opposition.

it seems now, tampines, east coast, joo chiat, kallang-moulmien all can potentially fall to WP.
Your analysis should be right.

However, I do not think the PAP can fix WP now without causing a massive backlash or even popular revolt against the PAP government.
Old 31-01-2013, 03:41 AM   #27
armageddon
Senior Dragon

in fact, the current Party does have their strong holds too. not forgetting. but these strong holds does not translate to a the sentiments of country as a whole. similarly for any opposition, they do have their own too. but frankly, KJ and the M1 guy.... i slap forehead when i see them. agree with other that their spirit is good for wanting to fight. but for who when i see. for their face or for people

its pretty easy for them to calculate that high chance their deposit will kenna forefitted. i would rather the election deposit to be put to better use by contributing to needy families.

but ya. WP is up and coming. and i do share the common sentiments of our citizens with regards to population issue as well as "over qualified" candidates. the ground need someone that they can resonates with. thats the most important factor now.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 10:29 AM   #28
satan_gal
Dragon

Quote:

Maybe he's juz dead tired.
I was like when i saw the rally dates - can actually say is back to back, super sapping on energy and emotions
satan_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 01:18 PM   #29
bobbysayang
Arofanatic

Quote:

LTK is showing humility; unlike pappies, haven't even go for election talk like pao-jiak, lose election talk like sore loser!
bobbysayang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 04:48 PM   #30
jcchia
Dragon

Quote:

Thats great, if the East side taken up by Opposition then the West side shall have more progress..........
jcchia is offline   Reply With Quote