Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 07-02-2013, 05:00 PM   #21
Aris
Arofanatic

Nowadays most coffeeshops employ PRC men and women. I wonder how those unable to speak mandarin can communicate and get their orders served right. Even more of a problem to Eurasians and Indian customers.
Aris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:02 PM   #22
dave6238
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer View Post
I am waiting for Old Lee to make a statement on this in Parliament. It will be interesting to hear his opinions.
He old liao lah.... always fall asleep in parliament......
dave6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:04 PM   #23
Humongous

Old 07-02-2013, 05:06 PM   #24
ilovechilired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humongous View Post
Old 07-02-2013, 05:21 PM   #25
dzylim
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aris View Post
Nowadays most coffeeshops employ PRC men and women. I wonder how those unable to speak mandarin can communicate and get their orders served right. Even more of a problem to Eurasians and Indian customers.
some are willing to learn the language so that is ok i have seen some who manage quite well when talking in english.

on MBT's speech, he is talking about foreign labour, construction workers, cleaners and such. if the market demand for them then why not let them in? this is in sync as what Khaw says on TV yesterday. they need alot of constructions workers to build the flats fast to meed demands. shooting down WP's request to freeze FT import.

What i think is the PAP does not know the different between Foreign Labour and Foreign Talent. They should continue to import Foreign Labour to do the jobs that Singaporean shuns. But they should really look at the "Foreign Talent" they are importing and raise the bar for them. Singaporeans should be taking the higher level jobs if they are able to.
dzylim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:34 PM   #26
Auratus
Arofanatic

There seem to be concerted effort by PAP recently, so many press release on the same song and dance.
Is this 调虎离山计,a strategic move away from social, transport, housing, finance and health issues?

The facts that the current situation are due to decision that came from PAP with the admission of lack of foresight Though there are corrective action but the result will be years later. And at what price will we be paying for these correction, higher public housing prices, higher public transport charges, with a total sum of higher cost of living?

The talks of livable city, balance life, transport capacity, etc, etc are sure things to come? They can tell the future?
Auratus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:52 PM   #27
dzylim
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auratus View Post
There seem to be concerted effort by PAP recently, so many press release on the same song and dance.
Is this 调虎离山计,a strategic move away from social, transport, housing, finance and health issues?

The facts that the current situation are due to decision that came from PAP with the admission of lack of foresight Though there are corrective action but the result will be years later. And at what price will we be paying for these correction, higher public housing prices, higher public transport charges, with a total sum of higher cost of living?

The talks of livable city, balance life, transport capacity, etc, etc are sure things to come? They can tell the future?
they already admit that they do not know what is going to happen in the future but are only planning for it.

i would still want to see them being able to improve our current situation first before moving on.

Last edited by dzylim; 07-02-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:56 PM   #28
Auratus
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzylim View Post
they already admit that they do not know what is going to happen in the future but are only planning for it.
Really??? OMG!!! I will continue to stick to WP on GE2016!
Auratus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:09 PM   #29
dzylim
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auratus View Post
Really??? OMG!!! I will continue to stick to WP on GE2016!
if u gt WP to vote for good for you. i kena dunno what tom, dick, harry from dunno where one... *sigh*
Old 07-02-2013, 08:22 PM   #30
AroHong

AFC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzylim View Post
..............shooting down WP's request to freeze FT import.

What i think is the PAP does not know the different between Foreign Labour and Foreign Talent. They should continue to import Foreign Labour to do the jobs that Singaporean shuns. But they should really look at the "Foreign Talent" they are importing and raise the bar for them. Singaporeans should be taking the higher level jobs if they are able to.
Its intentional to confuse the issue of FT and FL but action till now is to curb FL by increasing levies etc. - Construction costs goes up and this is passed by to buyers.

If you read between the lines, what they really want is to import more FT - help pay for our old from their taxes etc.!!
FL where got pay tax? FT take away local's jobs like HR mgr, receptionist, sales girl, coordinators etc. Our local's now trained to be barber, baker, hawker, taxi drivers - blue collar entrepreneurs.
AroHong is offline   Reply With Quote