Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion

Old 14-10-2010, 03:46 PM   #41
Seamaster

Cricket Survivor series

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

Last edited by Seamaster; 14-10-2010 at 03:47 PM.
Old 14-10-2010, 04:10 PM   #42
calvin15
Senior Dragon

very nice development updates bro!
calvin15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2010, 08:38 PM   #43
Aqua-fanactic
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
Cricket Survivor series

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video
Bro, can share how old are the parents then breeding happens? Were they being kept in the open pond all this while?
Aqua-fanactic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2010, 12:08 AM   #44
Seamaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua-fanactic View Post
Bro, can share how old are the parents then breeding happens? Were they being kept in the open pond all this while?
I think they are around 4 years old. Heard from owner that they have been trying to breed for 10 months.

This is the father aro 3th try. He is the alpha male in the pond.....I think.

And I understand that they have been together in open pond since young.
Old 17-10-2010, 02:54 AM   #45
Seamaster

Update for Day 27

YouTube Video

Was busy on Friday, so did not have time to go down to document the development of the frys.

Bad new, baby LOLX has perish on early Saturday morning. According to worker, found LOLX without egg sack. Well that is the circle of life....now we can focus on baby Egor (One Eye Jack).

Yes!!! I hope you like the new video quality in HD. Am trying out this format for while. At least can see more details and the development of each part of the fry is clearer. No more "What......is that.....cannot see lar.......*squint*...wah @#$% eyes hurt man......anyways

Now onwards to the Frys.

Scale formation have spread across the body. Covering most or the entire body of the frys. There is a dark, bold, wide "V" line forming on the edge of the scales.

There are a series of criss-cross lines appearing on the side profile of the frys, separting the fry body horizontally into two halfs.
If you refer to my earlier videos, I was talking about a dark horizontal line connecting the tail lines to the two back lines. Well that dark criss-cross horizontal line has now become the horizontally, parting line for the frys, and behind this criss cross line, lies the main centre "back" bone of the frys. Hmmmm....u know when you have steam fish at home and after you have picked all the flesh and there is only bones, and there is that centre big "back" that connects all the other tiny bones together. Yeah that's the one I'm talking about.

The eyes of the frys have changed colour. When it was eye white before, now it is semi translucent, and oh "what big eyes you have..." Yes bigger and also more "pupil corruption" moving to towards the twelve o'clock of the eye balls.

Nostrils have formed nicely at just above the upper lip and the barbels have turned black at trip. And the Six patches on the frys head have grown larger.

Two tiny fins have grown out near the anal area of the frys. Did not notice that in the previous video.

Ok got to go liao. Time to zzzzzzzzzz. Have a good one.
Old 18-10-2010, 10:33 PM   #46
Seamaster

Update for Day 28

YouTube Video

Was given an unexpected surprise today when I went down to the farm.

I saw three baby frys outside their nusery dish. Wow and double wow.

And as I started to film them.......an interesting thing happen. SMILES.

Like human toddlers these frys have their own unique way of learning how to swim.

Watch the vidz in HD.......hope you like it.

Last edited by Seamaster; 18-10-2010 at 10:35 PM.
Old 19-10-2010, 02:48 AM   #47
ownthefish

hi TS, thanks for the most interesting updates, could u take a video of the full tank setup of the nursery before zooming into the fries? was wondering wats holding the fries and the filtering sys at tis stage. Thanks
Old 19-10-2010, 11:05 AM   #48
fuici80
Dragon

This Thread is soo COOL bro! One of the most fabulous and educating follow-up on the development of the asian arowana with videos too. Upzz for you and thank you very much for the efforts.
fuici80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2010, 11:31 AM   #49
denser
Dragon

tks for sharing. a signature shirt i saw
denser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2010, 10:38 PM   #50
Seamaster

Update for Day 29

YouTube Video

These Frys have really started to out-grow their nusery. Started to swim out of their dish. So have to..........watch the video.....LOLX.

A quick review on development of the frrs. Mouth area, the lower jaw, the "egg carrying pouch" has almost finish their formation. Can see the "intermittent indentation" strip running along the two sides of the lower jaw.

Eye cornea has also grown bigger. Can see that nice convex bubble just forming around each eye ball. It rather thick and gives these aros a natural protection against fungus and bacteria infections.

Check out the shape of all the egg sacks. Besides being small, they have all turned oval in shape. We will track the progression of the egg sacks in great detais these few days.

A slight yellow/goldish tint has started to appear on all three tail section fins. And I have observed that these frys have started to be aggressive towards each other. YES....really. In my other clips, I've noticed them nipping at each other. It's amazing how they have these "alpha male" behaviours at such a young age.

And yes almost 90% of the frys are doing the "elephant on a ball" stand thingy. It's so fasinating to watch them stand on the egg sacks, flip all fins at max speed, tire out and then, fall down to the side again.

Just something at the side, I'm having some problems editing my m2ts vidz......sony format.......after I convert them to avi, the quality of the vidz just not there. Anyone can give me some input.

Tags
crossback, days, eggs, fry, harvest