Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox

Old 04-07-2018, 11:22 PM   #31
stargazer
Dragon

Yes, the LTA rules are hard to mit. Fines are hefty. But of cos they got to do something to make sure the 'garden city' is 'spotless'.

Face it, it is difficult to control the consumer. Haven't you seen these bikes in drains and forests? So they control the business owners. This biz venture is highly doomed in a small city state where public transport is convenient, if never breaks down.
stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 11:23 AM   #32
millenium
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer View Post
Yes, the LTA rules are hard to mit. Fines are hefty. But of cos they got to do something to make sure the 'garden city' is 'spotless'.

Face it, it is difficult to control the consumer. Haven't you seen these bikes in drains and forests? So they control the business owners. This biz venture is highly doomed in a small city state where public transport is convenient, if never breaks down.
They still have not learned their lesson, i.e. kept fining smrt last time.

How the bike companies control the users? bike users only put $30 deposit? At most kena confiscated.
millenium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 03:07 PM   #33
mictok
Dragon

Not a well planned execution by LTA to introduce the bike rental then set out rules and regulation, those scholars seems to be at defensive mode to used "Government said so" to cover their ass when screw up.
mictok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 03:13 PM   #34
SabaDen92
Endangered Dragon

You need a gracious society for this to work. Wasted if totally pull out cos I use the bike often enough to pay upfront... really convenient when need something from the mart at the last minute.
SabaDen92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 04:00 PM   #35
mictok
Dragon

I am quite surprise with the way the users respond to the bike as our education standard has bring us to the first world standard but morally we didn't reach that level yet.
Although we cant reach the moral standard of the Japanese but I don't think we are that far off until I read about the cases of bike in the drain, thrown down from flats, locks been remove and respray of colours.
mictok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 04:45 PM   #36
streetsmart73

Hi there !!! 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by mictok View Post
Not a well planned execution by LTA to introduce the bike rental then set out rules and regulation, those scholars seems to be at defensive mode to used "Government said so" to cover their ass when screw up.
papersmart alecs mah, kosong streetwise

Kosong ground sentiments.

Ground sentiments via grassroots
streetsmart73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 05:05 PM   #37
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mictok View Post
I am quite surprise with the way the users respond to the bike as our education standard has bring us to the first world standard but morally we didn't reach that level yet.
If we look at the general range of users, it includes a lot of foreigners here in SG.

Would love to agree, but I think the low mentality users would include locals and foreigners. Locals wise, the confined and constrained environment we are brought up in, could have resulted in a handful becoming painfully mischievous that they will try to be up to no good when they think no one is watching.

I remember reading something about graciousness. Being gracious is not when others are watching, but even if no one is watching. Would it be possible to educate our own citizens to be like the Japs? It takes a generation but possible. It starts at home and among ourselves.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 07:20 PM   #38
millenium
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcookie View Post
If we look at the general range of users, it includes a lot of foreigners here in SG.

Would love to agree, but I think the low mentality users would include locals and foreigners. Locals wise, the confined and constrained environment we are brought up in, could have resulted in a handful becoming painfully mischievous that they will try to be up to no good when they think no one is watching.

I remember reading something about graciousness. Being gracious is not when others are watching, but even if no one is watching. Would it be possible to educate our own citizens to be like the Japs? It takes a generation but possible. It starts at home and among ourselves.
I wish Singapore can become a fine city again. Instead of so many civil servants in overlapped areas, employed more on patrol and show everyone we r a fine city.
millenium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 07:27 PM   #39
loveikan
Arofanatic

All that had happened had been taken into consideration, part of a bigger plan.

After the culling and all systems in place then ST Bike will be formed.
loveikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 09:12 PM   #40
richardg
Arofanatic

Those bikes are very slightly and users very considerate.
If allowed to continue it will erode our value system.
I am glad LTA is doing something.

Anyone has a better idea?
richardg is offline   Reply With Quote