Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 02:15 AM   #41
PrinceCharming

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameyaiba View Post
Anyway, spotted a white crayfish in a small container in serangoon fishshop/petshop area. In one of those ulu looking fishshop... If anyone interested can take a look... and prepare to fork out a sum of money =D
c328 has 4

Old 05-03-2008, 06:16 AM   #42
Tualatin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceCharming View Post
bro Tualatin..u know what's the webby or any info ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaine View Post
Erm....as bro Tualatin as mention, what I was referring to is if the craze for crayfish is getting over. Seem to have alot of people releasing it to the ponds and there isn't much discussion on crayfish anymore. Or even the LFS aren't really bringing in more exotic species (maybe due to the lukewarm demand).
Well there are a few local forums that have some semi-active crayfish discussions, but our crayfish community here at AF is definitely one of the more active ones around.

There was never a real craze of crayfish all along, except a few of the bros here who are more into this group of crusteceans. Even some of the bros seemed to have moved on to other hobbies. We can't blame the LFS/farms either, profits still come first when it comes to doing business. Exotic crayfishes are going to cost more and probably require more delicate care. For some species, our natural climate might not be suitable for their well being and will require an artificial controlled setup, which again is a costly outlay on the equipment that not many will be willing to invest in.

Old 05-03-2008, 12:54 PM   #43
PrinceCharming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tualatin View Post
Well there are a few local forums that have some semi-active crayfish discussions, but our crayfish community here at AF is definitely one of the more active ones around.

There was never a real craze of crayfish all along, except a few of the bros here who are more into this group of crusteceans. Even some of the bros seemed to have moved on to other hobbies. We can't blame the LFS/farms either, profits still come first when it comes to doing business. Exotic crayfishes are going to cost more and probably require more delicate care. For some species, our natural climate might not be suitable for their well being and will require an artificial controlled setup, which again is a costly outlay on the equipment that not many will be willing to invest in.
agree...after they import...they still muz take care of them till some1 buys..hence..the money to temporary keep them and the risk of them dying is high

Old 05-03-2008, 12:57 PM   #44
PrinceCharming

HURRAY!!! HURRAY!!!

my female blue moon is berried!!!

although i never see the egg but when i shine at her tail using a torchlight..i could see round things moving under the tail hehe (the end of blue moon tail is abit transparent)...she curled her tail VERY tight and everytime i see it..it is always closed...now she is being inactive and eat little

Old 05-03-2008, 01:03 PM   #45
Slash

Quote:
it is ok as in it wont die as long as there is little water to keep the moisture in its gills for it to breathe...it is nt ok as tat is nt the ideal environment for it...it is like ur parents give u live in a store room with bare minimal food and no ventilation or a big room with air con and windows and plenty of food...which environment will make u grow bigger n taller? it cant moult without water as it need to 'jump' out of its shell all qns are welcomed...we learn together
haha thanks for your answer, now i feel IBS to try keeping one again..lol

Old 05-03-2008, 03:04 PM   #46
xaine
Dragon

Quote:
HURRAY!!! HURRAY!!!

my female blue moon is berried!!!

although i never see the egg but when i shine at her tail using a torchlight..i could see round things moving under the tail hehe (the end of blue moon tail is abit transparent)...she curled her tail VERY tight and everytime i see it..it is always closed...now she is being inactive and eat little
congrats !!! hope to have some baby blue moon...hmm..but is this her first try ?
Old 05-03-2008, 03:08 PM   #47
xaine
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tualatin View Post

Quote:
agree...after they import...they still muz take care of them till some1 buys..hence..the money to temporary keep them and the risk of them dying is high
so much so is true about natural habitat. Sometimes it is difficult to emulate the environment and this tends to be a high cost in the setup. Afterall, business is business, in order to stay afloat, you have to follow market demands.
Old 05-03-2008, 05:16 PM   #48
PrinceCharming

Quote:
so much so is true about natural habitat. Sometimes it is difficult to emulate the environment and this tends to be a high cost in the setup. Afterall, business is business, in order to stay afloat, you have to follow market demands.
ya...but i believe tat as more generations are being bred..they might change and adapt to our environment...eg..maybe marron need 16c but the new babies..u give them 17c and so on...gradually..i wonder bro tualatin ever tried?

Old 05-03-2008, 05:18 PM   #49
PrinceCharming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash View Post
haha thanks for your answer, now i feel IBS to try keeping one again..lol
haha good luck if u really do rear crayfish again welcome in advance

Old 05-03-2008, 05:19 PM   #50
PrinceCharming

Quote:
congrats !!! hope to have some baby blue moon...hmm..but is this her first try ?
if the eggs are successfully hatched..i will give u some 1st batch under my care...probably she had 'slept' with some other guys b4 i bought it haha...

Closed Thread