Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Old 05-10-2009, 12:45 PM   #11
rexxie
Dragon

I believe the price trend for normal looking leos are steadily dropping and should be stagnant at around 1k or so... Seems like the entry level for P13 now for the more experienced bros are the BDs, just check out the showcase thread, not much updates on the normal looking P13.
rexxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:56 PM   #12
marshy

Senior Moderator

What do you guys feel would have been the closing bid for this P13 if the auction was not done with a closing timeline factor?
If we'd do a Christies auction style with the "Going once going twice...Sold!" thingy... this P13 might close higher.

So I feel AF style of Auction can't truely reflect the new market price.
marshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 01:31 PM   #13
Edmundo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavallino View Post
$1,006 to be exact

one thing about auctions is that it allows the market to find the true clearing price.

one off? or an emerging trend?

how would it affect general prices?

before someone jumps in to tell me they keep rays just because they love it and do not care about prices (don't we all?), but being a numbers person, i simply like to think about.. numbers..

so.. to those who have some comments to share, would appreciate your insights... cheers!

maybe u put a few pups for auction and we see if it is a one-time or a emergong trend?

For your necessary Info

Post Buy/Sell, Title Your Thread, No Chit Chat in Thread
Edmundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 01:54 PM   #14
genki
Dragon

http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...=357340&page=7 Start with post #70........
It's already happening now. No need wait another 2-3 years Cava! Can help me predict today's toto nos bo?
Like you said....."early adopter -> mainstream -> obsolescence"

Indicative for me! Cos buyers & hobbyists alike are looking for the most out of their dollars. They become more "educated" & "spots conscious" especially.

Having said the above, still think better to demo with another example or two BB Cava. Pls start an auction thread for your Leos with start bid @ $1 & no BNP. Let's see the market reaction then. I'm sure you will be well rewarded in-terms of monetary, experience, fact finding & information gathering gains.
What say you?

Last edited by genki; 05-10-2009 at 02:01 PM.
genki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 02:27 PM   #15
Jordi

i think the price is stablising to a more sane level. Can see that prices have fallen to a level that is more indicative of what some stingrays should be really worth .
One jus need to sit down and think why some rays should be worth 5K-10K and is there any other ppl willing to pay that amt.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:41 PM   #16
lincolngoh

The suspect insurgence of high quality PDR SPs are one of the reason. They seem to sell better according to a few breeders I spoke to.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:11 PM   #17
cavallino
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by genki View Post
http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...=357340&page=7 Start with post #70........
It's already happening now. No need wait another 2-3 years Cava! Can help me predict today's toto nos bo?
Like you said....."early adopter -> mainstream -> obsolescence"
well, i did say 2 - 3 years, the fact that prices are already "sniffing" that price floor within a year also means that I was wrong about the timing, and that the phenomenon has accelerated.

of course, to balance things off, that is just one transaction; and like what shadow7/ marshy mentioned, if the auction had been opened for longer, the final price may have been higher.

Last edited by cavallino; 05-10-2009 at 03:17 PM.
cavallino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 03:14 PM   #18
cavallino
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordi View Post
i think the price is stablising to a more sane level.
the benchmark for "sane" is very relative, subjective and temporal.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:16 PM   #19
cavallino
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by genki View Post
Pls start an auction thread for your Leos with start bid @ $1 & no BNP. Let's see the market reaction then. I'm sure you will be well rewarded in-terms of monetary, experience, fact finding & information gathering gains.
What say you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmundo View Post
maybe u put a few pups for auction and we see if it is a one-time or a emergong trend?
well, i would oblige you, pity i don't have any pups for sale. perhaps some of our local breeders or breeders from across the causeway can jump in here and help out?
Old 05-10-2009, 03:17 PM   #20
Tay
Dragon

Many pple say PURE price dont drop but SP price will??? I dont know how these pple came out with this smart conclusion. Rays r all inter related lah.

In fact, I felt it is gd tat price drop as fast as possible so tat a stable price could emerge. This is gd for buyers as well as sellers. When seller A set a price to sell, seller B will sell at slightly lower price & tell the buyers tat: see, seller A sell v ex, mine cheaper than his, he trying to con u lah. Later when seller A drop to same price, seller B will do the same thing again. This will stop when price drop till so cheap there r no more $ to be make by these part time sellers trying to make $ at others expense.

My pt is, let it drop, drop , drop, who cares, as long a general price could be attain & all transact at ard tat price lor. All happy, right bo?
Tay is offline   Reply With Quote