Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 27-03-2011, 12:55 PM   #21
patson77

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeIceGreen View Post
I was also thinking about the IQ5 but I prefer external filter. But it's convenient to have everything in one package. You want me to ask for you how much is the IQ5 at my LFS?

Official list of participants.
1. JadeIceGreen
2. ZackZhou
3. af2373
4. patson77
No need la, said community build already, so jus follow suit la, i dont mind one, kinda fair play mah.

Btw its seem like I am participating with all the lao jiao inside, die liao die liao..... sure kanna big time one , on the other hand, will get lots of advice and tips.
Old 27-03-2011, 04:08 PM   #22
stewpidity

Don't mind if a newbie join in the fun?

I think it would be good if we can share the cost on the substrate etc? we can get the larger volumes of substrate and share them,since 1ft cube won;t need much.
Old 27-03-2011, 04:58 PM   #23
patson77

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewpidity View Post

I think it would be good if we can share the cost on the substrate etc? we can get the larger volumes of substrate and share them,since 1ft cube won;t need much.
Wow another participant... good good, will oni be more fun
Old 27-03-2011, 05:01 PM   #24
patson77

Quote:
I was also thinking about the IQ5 but I prefer external filter. But it's convenient to have everything in one package. You want me to ask for you how much is the IQ5 at my LFS?
Think my OC want to join in the fun oso, if tats the case, will get her a IQ5 cos easier for her to maintain.
Think nice to have a lady touch?
Hahahaha, I got a veri supportive OC
Old 27-03-2011, 05:03 PM   #25
JadeIceGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by patson77 View Post
No need la, said community build already, so jus follow suit la, i dont mind one, kinda fair play mah.

Btw its seem like I am participating with all the lao jiao inside, die liao die liao..... sure kanna big time one , on the other hand, will get lots of advice and tips.
I agree. As this is not a competition, it is easier for everyone if we do this free and easy. We don't even need to follow a standard 30cm cube tank by a certain tank maker. As long as the tank is around 30Cm cube specifications, everyone is free to join us!

What lao jiao? There is no lao jiao around here, just forum mates that want to learn and share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewpidity View Post

Anyone can join in the fun. And it will be more fun if more people join in. And all of us are newbies, there is always something more to learn.

When a date of commencement has been agreed on, I will pull together the materials everyone wants to get. This includes filters, lights, substrate, hardscape, flora, fauna, etc. If there is a certain item that is high on the demand list, we can try to get some cost savings because of a bigger order.

Last edited by JadeIceGreen; 27-03-2011 at 05:05 PM.
Old 27-03-2011, 05:07 PM   #26
JadeIceGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heuer View Post

Wow! may i know what plant is this?
hand itchy liao.....
If I am not wrong, its dwarf hair grass.

Official list of participants.
1. JadeIceGreen
2. ZackZhou
3. af2373
4. patson77
5. patson77's OC
6. stewpidty

Last edited by JadeIceGreen; 27-03-2011 at 05:10 PM.
Old 27-03-2011, 09:58 PM   #27
Shad0w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heuer View Post
Wow! may i know what plant is this?
hand itchy liao.....
UG (Utricularia graminifolia) or cendol plant
Old 27-03-2011, 09:59 PM   #28
JadeIceGreen

While waiting for more members to join us, lets start planning our scapes? Please feel free to list out your ideas and ask for opinions, we are all here to throw comments around and help each other. Proper planning and enough thought on a scape, is one of the reasons why it will be better than one that was done on impulse.

However for those that can't wait and would like to start now, please go ahead! For those that can't start soon because of restrictions, (af2373) just start when you can. I should be starting sometime in mid April after my tank and hardscape comes in.

Alright, start describing the equipment and details of your scape!
Old 27-03-2011, 10:00 PM   #29
JadeIceGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad0w View Post
UG (Utricularia graminifolia) or cendol plant
Hi Shadow!
I stand corrected. UG is not easy to grow! The person who did that is good.
You are a real pro in aquascaping, please feel free to drop comments when we get started.

Last edited by JadeIceGreen; 27-03-2011 at 10:02 PM.
Old 27-03-2011, 10:05 PM   #30
patson77

Default re

Quote:
While waiting for more members to join us, lets start planning our scapes? Please feel free to list out your ideas and ask for opinions, we are all here to throw comments around and help each other. Proper planning and enough thought on a scape, is one of the reasons why it will be better than one that was done on impulse.

However for those that can't wait and would like to start now, please go ahead! For those that can't start soon because of restrictions, (af2373) just start when you can. I should be starting sometime in mid April after my tank and hardscape comes in.

Alright, start describing the equipment and details of your scape!
Bro, are we not going to buy the stuffs we need together?