Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 23-08-2006, 11:40 PM   #31
Ranchu Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jikin
You asked me this before. If got space can always do it. No space how to keep extra fish? Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to siam. In fact, I would love to do this when I have the facilities freed up.

Even if we want to do an experiment, must be able to find nice gf to keep. If not, it is not shiok keeping. Furthermore, to reduce any inconsistency, we must pick fishes from the same batch.
And we each need to have a few pieces in case of casualty.
Sgow grade small ranchus from the same batch is not the problem. How many you need? You try GW and I try CW and compare after 3 months.
Old 23-08-2006, 11:43 PM   #32
Jikin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranchu Lover
Sgow grade small ranchus from the same batch is not the problem. How many you need? You try GW and I try CW and compare after 3 months.

RL, i already told you I do not have any extra tank already lah....
When my fishes do die, I contact you and we can start.
Old 23-08-2006, 11:45 PM   #33
Ranchu Lover

Quote:
RL, i already told you I do not have any extra tank already lah....
When my fishes do die, I contact you and we can start.
Wait till cow come home hor?
Old 23-08-2006, 11:47 PM   #34
Jikin

"I am starting this thread to understand and maybe to provoke us to think why some people embrace GW in raising their goldfish. Some even are prepared to die for just to defend its use. I am also not trying to convert hobbyist to embrace CW or discourage the use of GW.

Personally, I am not against the use of GW but what I cannot understand is in what areas are the use of GW superior to what I am currently practicing? I must qualify that I am in no way an expert because I am still lacking in the many areas in the hobby especially treatment of diseases and breeding. "

Think all of us had talk out of point already from the original intention by RL to share the merits of both CW and GW to other topics like "time to move on" to rubber to sythetic...

Let's come back to the round table and talk about the main points. Anybody else can share experiences. For the interest of all, can we have the pros and cons of each method listed down when we share?
Old 23-08-2006, 11:48 PM   #35
Jikin

Cool

Quote:
Wait till cow come home hor?
then how? cow must come home what.
Old 23-08-2006, 11:56 PM   #36
Ranchu Lover

Quote:
"I am starting this thread to understand and maybe to provoke us to think why some people embrace GW in raising their goldfish. Some even are prepared to die for just to defend its use. I am also not trying to convert hobbyist to embrace CW or discourage the use of GW.

Personally, I am not against the use of GW but what I cannot understand is in what areas are the use of GW superior to what I am currently practicing? I must qualify that I am in no way an expert because I am still lacking in the many areas in the hobby especially treatment of diseases and breeding. "

Think all of us had talk out of point already from the original intention by RL to share the merits of both CW and GW to other topics like "time to move on" to rubber to sythetic...

Let's come back to the round table and talk about the main points. Anybody else can share experiences. For the interest of all, can we have the pros and cons of each method listed down when we share?
Ok, lets come back. I started TVR some 2 years ago and have entered for 2 TVR competition so far in Singapore. Got two second position, one third , one fourth and one fifth position. The first position has eluded me with regards TVR comp. Maybe there is some things that I may have done wrong like not using GW that is why the first position has eluded me.
Old 24-08-2006, 12:18 AM   #37
Jikin

Quote:
Ok, lets come back. I started TVR some 2 years ago and have entered for 2 TVR competition so far in Singapore. Got two second position, one third , one fourth and one fifth position. The first position has eluded me with regards TVR comp. Maybe there is some things that I may have done wrong like not using GW that is why the first position has eluded me.
No one can doubt that u have won and this is a proud moment for us hobblyst. But it can also be said of green water. I remembered RG posted the pictures of the Aquarama 05 and the Vermillion club swept all three prizes for pearl scale. Then good things can also be said about GW too.
So this means we are back to the list of Pros and Cons of the two keeping methods and the rest of us here will decide which makes the best sense?
Old 24-08-2006, 12:31 AM   #38
LauLanChu
Dragon

Jikin,
I share my bad experience with a moral of story behind and is very relevant to this topic. I used to keep fishes in 2 ft cement tanks and not able to see my fishes after the water turns green. I am always on a guessing mind as I am not able to judge whether my fishes are sick, alive....it is already too late when I learnt something happen. I can prevent the pest problem but I cannot observe my fishes on whether they are falling sick (unless somebody tell me fishes will never fall sick in this magic water). So, how to sleep well without knowing your precious well being
Though my fishes able to thrive well under GW, I am not able to enjoy it. This really defeat the purpose of having goldfish as a hobby (unless you keep fish for commercial purpose).
Ask ourselves these questions:-
What's the objective of me keeping goldfish?
To enjoy seeing them or not seeing them.

Is GW the only method to produce nice goldfish? (Yes/No)
If your answer is Yes, then why others can produce equivalent nice goldfish.
If your answer is No, then why take the suffering of not able to appreciate your fishes 24/7?

Again this goes down to very basic fundamental of the objective of this hobby:- Goldfish Appreciation!
LauLanChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2006, 12:46 AM   #39
Jikin

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauLanChu
Jikin,
I share my bad experience with a moral of story behind and is very relevant to this topic. I used to keep fishes in 2 ft cement tanks and not able to see my fishes after the water turns green. I am always on a guessing mind as I am not able to judge whether my fishes are sick, alive....it is already too late when I learnt something happen. I can prevent the pest problem but I cannot observe my fishes on whether they are falling sick (unless somebody tell me fishes will never fall sick in this magic water). So, how to sleep well without knowing your precious well being
Though my fishes able to thrive well under GW, I am not able to enjoy it. This really defeat the purpose of having goldfish as a hobby (unless you keep fish for commercial purpose).
Ask ourselves these questions:-
What's the objective of me keeping goldfish?
To enjoy seeing them or not seeing them.

Is GW the only method to produce nice goldfish? (Yes/No)
If your answer is Yes, then why others can produce equivalent nice goldfish.
If your answer is No, then why take the suffering of not able to appreciate your fishes 24/7?

Again this goes down to very basic fundamental of the objective of this hobby:- Goldfish Appreciation!

For me, I am alright with GW as I personally do enjoy it for the color, the ease of maintenance and good results I am able to get out of it. I would like it light green as I get best of both worlds in terms of enjoying the fishes and having GW benefits.

From my experience, I tell the health of my fishes during feeding. They will be very active during feeding time and you can see them swimming upwards to you even as you throw your pellets(sinking or floating does not matter). That's why the method is up to individual as long as we understand the difference between the two. I have two tanks. One outdoor-GW and one indoor-CW. Indoors do not grow as fast even though healthy but outdoor gw fishes are doing phenominally well! No complains already.
Old 24-08-2006, 01:31 AM   #40
Sotong King

Quote:
Today, you are still keeping fish in water. Why don't you go and catch your own worms, why change to pellet food. That was what the Japanese do a hundred years ago.

You forgot to mention that the percentage of natural rubber used in your tyres have significantly been reduced. That is why with the massive growth of cars, Malaysia rubber industry is suffering a glut.
That is the point. In PM Lee's rally speech he said we must change to keep pace with advances but we must not change......