Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 12-03-2012, 03:25 PM   #11
rarecichlids
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeIceGreen View Post
It's not me, it's because a nano is really simple! Just do the necessary research and plan your steps.

I hope to do this on a bigger scale too! Don't need a 4feet tank, but a 2feet will be good enough. I'm dreaming of a discus tank. Space is a constraint and I need finances to start pouring in, then we can start scaping!

You are most welcomed. Yeah, the Ecoxotic LED light is fantastic for nano tanks.
Hi bro Jadeicegreen,

I plan to setting up a mini tank for shrimes, with plants like us fissident and Willow mose.

Is it possible to do w/o injecting co2 ?
Can seachem excel replace co2 ?
rarecichlids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #12
JadeIceGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chia Loon View Post
Nice!!! agreed with the bros here, your article is always nice to read...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Man View Post
beautiful setup and a very detailed writeup on the process thanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by betta_zoid87 View Post
Very clear pictures and detailed guide. Very inspiring.
Thank you all! Some of you have very inspiring threads too!
Old 12-03-2012, 08:11 PM   #13
JadeIceGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarecichlids View Post
Hi bro Jadeicegreen,

I plan to setting up a mini tank for shrimes, with plants like us fissident and Willow mose.

Is it possible to do w/o injecting co2 ?
Can seachem excel replace co2 ?
For US Fissiden and Willow Moss, you don't have to use Co2 or Excel. Just ensure a good current with surface agitation for good gaseous exchange. The thing to take note will be the temperature of your aquarium. The lower the temperature, the more beautiful your flora will be and your shrimps can only benefit.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:23 PM   #14
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Hi, bro Isaac, help me scape my 4ft-er next time lah! Lol... Looking at a sticks-and-stones setup...
Jon-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2012, 12:48 AM   #15
JadeIceGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon-san View Post
Hi, bro Isaac, help me scape my 4ft-er next time lah! Lol... Looking at a sticks-and-stones setup...
On. When you want me to come and help you?
Old 13-03-2012, 01:05 AM   #16
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Not so soon. Lol. Conceptualising now... Still torn between a hardscape biotope or a full planted with the works. Decisions, decisions... *sigh*
Jon-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2012, 02:29 AM   #17
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

nice tank bro! great to see a new thread from you. i also wanna set up a nano tank but no space.
EvolutionZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2012, 03:15 AM   #18
Sunday
Dragon

Great to see you back in action JIG! Brilliant tank! So simple yet so magnificent. I should get Weeyang to make me one tiny one like that as well!
Sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2012, 12:31 PM   #19
rarecichlids
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeIceGreen View Post
For US Fissiden and Willow Moss, you don't have to use Co2 or Excel. Just ensure a good current with surface agitation for good gaseous exchange. The thing to take note will be the temperature of your aquarium. The lower the temperature, the more beautiful your flora will be and your shrimps can only benefit.
Thanks for reply.

If I use a mini fan for 24 hrs, will it be able to get the temperature for good result?

what about ferterlizer? any recommendation ? and dosage?
rarecichlids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2012, 05:29 PM   #20
JadeIceGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionZ View Post
nice tank bro! great to see a new thread from you. i also wanna set up a nano tank but no space.
Thank you. Yeah, I understand what you mean, I have run out of space too. If I want to keep aquascaping tanks, I have to take down the present ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday View Post
Great to see you back in action JIG! Brilliant tank! So simple yet so magnificent. I should get Weeyang to make me one tiny one like that as well!
Thank you.. Yup, customising a tank to your specific dimensions is always good. But on a personal level, I'm more of less committed to an ADA Mini S or ADA Mini M next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarecichlids View Post
Thanks for reply.

If I use a mini fan for 24 hrs, will it be able to get the temperature for good result?

what about ferterlizer? any recommendation ? and dosage?
It really depends how high your ambience temperature is, and how big your fan will be. There are also lots of variables such as heat sources or total surface area of your aquarium.

It's not vital that moss require cool waters. However, they will thrive in cooler waters and look better. In my betta tank, I grow Christmas moss in 28 degrees water. They will look better in a cooler environment, but I do not want any more surface agitation in that tank because of Co2 injection.