Arofanatic

NI KI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2018, 06:01 AM   #63
lenghan
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NI KI View Post
Hard fought win. Well deserved
Liverpool most certainly the better team in the 2nd half and deserve the victory.
lenghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2018, 07:14 AM   #64
elimmel
Senior Dragon

An eye for an eye.... for GOAL!
Thank you Bobby
elimmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2018, 01:27 PM   #65
NI KI
Arofanatic

Old 19-09-2018, 01:28 PM   #66
NI KI
Arofanatic

Old 19-09-2018, 01:34 PM   #67
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Daniel Sturridge has 100% repaid my faith says Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp

Jurgen Klopp believes Daniel Sturridge has become a real option for Liverpool's attack after the striker “100%” repaid the faith of his manager by helping ensure a winning start to the Champions League campaign.

Sturridge marked the first start in the competition of his Anfield career by scoring the opener in the 3-2 home win over Paris Saint-Germain in Group C on Tuesday night.

The striker replaced Roberto Firmino, who was fit enough only for the bench having missed training in the build-up to the game due to an eye injury suffered in the weekend Premier League win over Tottenham Hotspur.

And Klopp regards Sturridge as now being in the best shape of his tenure

“It was a great performance from Daniel to be honest,” said the Reds boss.

“The three midfielders did an outstanding job but they only can do it how we play with the two wingers and the number nine is helping in all these situations to keep the formation compact. It was fantastic.

“I said to Daniel before the game 'you are in the best shape since I've known you, physical wise' and now we have to use it and that's what we did. Super game, super goal. Then we had the opportunity to bring Bobby Firmino on.”

Firmino replaced Sturridge with 18 minutes remaining and went on to score a dramatic injury-time winner.

And explaining the decision to start with the Brazilian on the bench, Klopp said: “There was no chance yesterday, absolutely no chance the day before and today he came in and said 'I'm fine, I can open my eye again and that was good.

“We only had one session this morning in which Bobby tested a little bit and then went inside.

“It was a moment where you have to show faith in the squad. When you have Bobby Firmino available you always think 'come on, play him' but it was nice to see how Daniel performed.

“He paid back 100%, so it's so cool for him and for us. It's such a big, important sign.

“And bringing Bobby on after 70 minutes is really nice, I really liked that.
Old 19-09-2018, 02:05 PM   #68
bedoklist
Dragon

Hope DS can maintain his form and carry it to the EPL. Maybe we might have 4 strike force soon.
bedoklist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2018, 08:28 PM   #69
NI KI
Arofanatic

Another HUGE performance from James Milner.

Your @carlsberg Man of the Match.

Old 19-09-2018, 08:43 PM   #70
NI KI
Arofanatic

Klopp on Henderson

Jurgen Klopp praised Jordan Henderson’s performance against PSG last night as the skipper returned to Liverpool’s starting XI.

Henderson was dropped in place of Naby Keita for the trip to Wembley on Saturday afternoon but partnered Gini Wijnaldum and James Milner in the clash with Neymar FC the French champions.

“We played a midfield who played a lot of times last season together, that was the reason for that tonight, it was clear that Hendo would come back and what a brilliant performance of him,” Klopp said.

“Physical-wise, so good, because obviously as we know that the players after the World Cup normally struggle a bit - he is ready now and that’s really important for us.

“We didn’t learn a lot tonight which we didn’t know before, but it’s nice to see that we can do it. That’s it.”