Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Aquatic Showcase & Photography > Aquatic Photography

View Poll Results: Camera more important or skills
Camera more important 8 20.00%
Skills more important 25 62.50%
I really don't know how to choose 7 17.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-10-2004, 03:57 PM   #11
coldfish

Bro Aardwolf,

It's really difficult to choose one because it's a bit like chicken and egg question.

On one hand, it helps to improve photography skillz quickly if you've got a good camera system at an early stage. That saves alot of learning time and frustrations.
On the other hand, having a simple camera first and learn as you go, you'll face alot of limitations not found on a 'pro' camera. You'll have to find workarounds to solve those issues which can prove to be useful too later on when you upgrade your camera system.
Because I'm the 'za ma bu' (start with basics) type who enjoys the pains and frustrations, I decided to chose the second one, ie, skillz first.
Old 02-10-2004, 04:02 PM   #12
coldfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardwolf
Hehe, bro, u saw the new 600D by canon, dunno when available, i wanted to buy d70 liao but i saw the preview of 600d makes me stop and think twice, so much nice and better. Time to change a new camera
Wah liew, got links?
Thanx.
Old 02-10-2004, 05:54 PM   #13
Aroboy II
AFC Member

Both humanware n hardware plays a part each.
Aroboy II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 06:57 PM   #14
aardwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldfish
Wah liew, got links?
Thanx.
i lost it but i heard from a friend it is on trial only, the new 20D is also cool, 8 mp(though current 6 is enough) I wish i can lay my hands on it soon, not available too,should be availble soon, 300D came with black housing now which i find it cool.
Next time free,we go bugis drink kopi,my treat. i just lease another 11 shops from the management.
Old 02-10-2004, 07:00 PM   #15
aardwolf

Quote:
Bro Aardwolf,

It's really difficult to choose one because it's a bit like chicken and egg question.

On one hand, it helps to improve photography skillz quickly if you've got a good camera system at an early stage. That saves alot of learning time and frustrations.
On the other hand, having a simple camera first and learn as you go, you'll face alot of limitations not found on a 'pro' camera. You'll have to find workarounds to solve those issues which can prove to be useful too later on when you upgrade your camera system.
Because I'm the 'za ma bu' (start with basics) type who enjoys the pains and frustrations, I decided to chose the second one, ie, skillz first.
Bro, i update some stuffs on the other thread, pls take a look. I think ur skills okay wat, nice pics. Bought any new cameras?? I really want to buy something leh, hands itchy liao. Arggghh.. scatch scatch.
Old 02-10-2004, 08:16 PM   #16
coldfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardwolf
Bro, i update some stuffs on the other thread, pls take a look. I think ur skills okay wat, nice pics. Bought any new cameras?? I really want to buy something leh, hands itchy liao. Arggghh.. scatch scatch.
not much lately. Eyeing on some good lens, so save up some $$$ first.
Hehe, understand the itchiness, the more you read, the more info you collect, the merrily more your heart & hands itch.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:48 PM   #17
aardwolf

Quote:
not much lately. Eyeing on some good lens, so save up some $$$ first.
Hehe, understand the itchiness, the more you read, the more info you collect, the merrily more your heart & hands itch.
Hahaha, ya lor. Nothing much to do lately, change the nature of my trade, so read up more stuffs. Abit sianz, hoping they would lauch 20D before X'mas so i can put it under my wish list. hehehehe, hoping my gf sees tis and buy me a new camera.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:17 PM   #18
benny

Hi guys,

Sereral post here are obviously not related to the topic of the thread. Please do your own house keeping before I tidy up these unrelated messages.

As for personal grevances, please resolved these outside of www.arofanatics.com.

Thank you for your kind understanding.

Cheers,
Old 02-10-2004, 11:57 PM   #19
aardwolf

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by benny
Hi guys,

Sereral post here are obviously not related to the topic of the thread. Please do your own house keeping before I tidy up these unrelated messages.

As for personal grevances, please resolved these outside of www.arofanatics.com.

Thank you for your kind understanding.

Cheers,
Thank you very much. Good job
Old 09-10-2004, 10:10 PM   #20
bentong
Dragon

i choose skills definitely...
cos no skill no mtter how gd the camera also cannot take gd pics...
but if got gd skill and only barely decent camera, still can take some excellent fotos, but limited...
bentong is offline   Reply With Quote