Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum

Closed Thread

Old 26-11-2008, 11:06 PM   #41
boonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastlee84 View Post
hi all... got a problem here... come back from work this morning discovered that my power head leading to the ohf stop working... causing the water to turn cloudy... give the power head a few knocks & working 'ok' now... but my main concern is the tigers in the tank... the ITs that stable turned unstable now...should i do wc?? any suggestions will b appreciated... thanks
i wld suggest to do 15-20% WC first & test ur water parameter. Make sure no ammonia or nitrite spike

Old 26-11-2008, 11:25 PM   #42
fastlee84

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyFish View Post
Since your water already turned cloudy , suggest to do WC .
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuWaC View Post
IMO, suggest to let the pump run the tank for few hrs or so, the tank shud clear up, then do WC 20%. Immediately WC might hv adverse effect on the fishes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC49 View Post
Yes let the pump run and do a WC, cos if the pump stopped working, the water parameters will change drastically. WC to stabilise.
ok bros... thanks for the advice... really appreciate...

Old 27-11-2008, 03:03 AM   #43
riise78
Dragon

Quote:
Sometimes bro , esp if the tankmates are bigger than your ITS .
in fact my 2 newly purchased IT are the 2 largest fish in the comm...purposely get bigger size so as to avoid being attacked by my 9 BP...end up...sigh
Old 27-11-2008, 03:08 AM   #44
riise78
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbass341 View Post
i felt tt keeping IT is a great joy if ya happen 2 hav a 24/7 stable de...no pt buying those stable IT in lfs .. but when u put inisde ur tank become unstable... dere alot of tis cases tt y i prefer 2 buy 24/7 de from e forum ... at least e price i pay n e maintainance of food n water is worth it... according 2 my experience... turning unstable tiger into 24/7 stable 1 is quite a difficult task... but gt heard ppl say tt put inside a pond or fgt will become stable... but duno hw true it is...

tis is my ex - ITs & ST .... kinda miss them =x

bro with this comm of yours, does your bichirs and rays have the chance to eat? Currently i hv 2 IT, 9 BP and 2 bichirs and the 2 poor bichirs often got no chance to eat...sianz
Old 27-11-2008, 05:08 PM   #45
CrazyFish

AFC Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by riise78 View Post
bro with this comm of yours, does your bichirs and rays have the chance to eat? Currently i hv 2 IT, 9 BP and 2 bichirs and the 2 poor bichirs often got no chance to eat...sianz
You keep 9 BP with 2 tigers ??? No wonder your tigers not stable ... tigers are easily intimidated leh bro ...
Old 27-11-2008, 11:43 PM   #46
dumbass341

Quote:
Originally Posted by riise78 View Post
diao... ur bp too many liao.... somemore plus ur tiger = 11 carnivores snatching food from ur bichir... bichir r slow de... mayb wad u can do is 2 reduce ur num of bp n add more mp to ensure tt e bichir hav enuff amt of food 2 eat... soemmore ur BP in a grp can bully ur tiger easily... i agree with bro crazyfish.... ur IT will be unstable in a tank of " 9 BP " . . another thing... BP de bioload v v heavy de... it best 2 reduce e BP

Old 27-11-2008, 11:53 PM   #47
DC49

I have two ITs in a tank of 12 KKPs, 2 PBs, 3 giant endies, 2 EEs, 2 Albino bichirs, 2 large rays and a tig.....hehe....of all the ITs that went in, only the bigger fellas are stable....maybe u can try...let them learn to survive, it's a jungle out there!

Old 28-11-2008, 12:34 AM   #48
boonie

Any bros can advise which farms got ITs to check out & is opened during weekends?

many thanks in advance!

Old 28-11-2008, 01:51 AM   #49
riise78
Dragon

Quote:
You keep 9 BP with 2 tigers ??? No wonder your tigers not stable ... tigers are easily intimidated leh bro ...
ya i know...but the 9 BP are my dad's darling...can't be touched...sianz...
Old 28-11-2008, 01:53 AM   #50
riise78
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbass341 View Post
diao... ur bp too many liao.... somemore plus ur tiger = 11 carnivores snatching food from ur bichir... bichir r slow de... mayb wad u can do is 2 reduce ur num of bp n add more mp to ensure tt e bichir hav enuff amt of food 2 eat... soemmore ur BP in a grp can bully ur tiger easily... i agree with bro crazyfish.... ur IT will be unstable in a tank of " 9 BP " . . another thing... BP de bioload v v heavy de... it best 2 reduce e BP
like wat i told bro crazyfish, the 9 BP are untouchable...
Closed Thread