Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Aquatic Showcase & Photography > Aquatic Photography

Old 29-09-2003, 09:09 PM   #21
aardwolf

Quote:
Originally posted by SoToNgMaN
No experience wif G5 ... but u might wanna do some readup on reviews on the digicam ...

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canong5/

The above mentioned webby does worthy review of lotsa other cam models as well ... do check it out ..
I read alot from this website already, thanks for sharing though, might be useful for other bros who wanna check out some models here. They have information on personal reviews, facts, comparsion and many more. So any bros who wanna check out any models can do so.
Old 29-09-2003, 09:20 PM   #22
aardwolf

Sony has a new camera but haven't lauch yet.Check this out a cool 7.9 mp http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/spec...ny_dscf828.asp
Old 30-09-2003, 02:17 AM   #23
aardwolf

Quote:
Originally posted by aardwolf
Sony has a new camera but haven't lauch yet.Check this out a cool 7.9 mp http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/spec...ny_dscf828.asp
Hi bros out there, I'm banking my money on Canon Rebel EOS 300D . $1999 seems relatively cheap enough. Did I made the right choice??? I'm not sure whether the effect for point and shoot for this particular model is better than compact Digital Cameras but I really hate to find myself upgrading every half a year and learning to use the new gadgets. If any bros have more insights on any DC , DSLR and the like ,please share around here. Even after I bought this camera which I really doubt it is my last. I have a funny hobby of collecting cameras regardless of vintage or state-of-the-art models. Thanks to all bros who have participate and gather some useful information to share around. Anyone who is buying a new camera can look through the threads which I think it helps to make the decisions better. Although I've made my choice but I'll leave it open for a few weeks though as I'm pretty fickle minded sometimes. I need more research into this new era of digital cameras. Keep this thread alive and let more bros and sis benefit from the past experience, rumours, hearsays and so on.
Old 30-09-2003, 09:38 AM   #24
SoToNgMaN

Senior Moderator

Quote:
but I really hate to find myself upgrading every half a year and learning to use the new gadgets. If any bros have more insights on any DC , DSLR and the like ,please share around here. Even after I bought this camera which I really doubt it is my last. I have a funny hobby of collecting cameras regardless of vintage or state-of-the-art models.
Any DCs u plan to sell for the needy ?? hehe

"Huo Dao Lao Xue Dao Lao"
Knowledge shall I seek till wither

Photography Gallery
http://www.watchsg.com
SoToNgMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2003, 02:22 PM   #25
aardwolf

Quote:
Originally posted by SoToNgMaN
Any DCs u plan to sell for the needy ?? hehe
Not at the moment, I'm a collector of cameras.
Any specific models you are interested, my friends change thier DCs quite often too, and in very good conditions. If you have any models in mind, just drop me a PM and I'll get back to u if I happen to come across one. However price don't expect dirt cheap like paying $500 for a Nikon 5000(though it is not a very good camera). But won't be higher than the normal market price too like paying $1000 for a mint condition Nikon 5700 with standard accessories. The above are examples only. I'll post the pictures after I get the Canon Rebel. Bros here can post pictures to compare too.
Old 30-09-2003, 05:41 PM   #26
Jhansolo

I have tried many DC, but I really don't like any of them. I'm still using my olympus T4. I suppose there are too much auto stuff and the manual over-right is very clumersome.

However, I bought a Panasonic DC 20K just for family photos. I truly appreciate the convience of a DC, but for something that I like to show around, my knowledge of DC doesn't quite cut it.
Old 01-10-2003, 12:43 AM   #27
aardwolf

Quote:
Originally posted by Jhansolo
I have tried many DC, but I really don't like any of them. I'm still using my olympus T4. I suppose there are too much auto stuff and the manual over-right is very clumersome.

However, I bought a Panasonic DC 20K just for family photos. I truly appreciate the convience of a DC, but for something that I like to show around, my knowledge of DC doesn't quite cut it.
Should play around more, read up more, acutally I find the link given by another bro quite useful to learn. You may wish to look into this link and learn more about digital cameras, it really helps alot. I read up some parts which I'm not sure and guess what??? At least now I can guess what my DC is up to and what it can perform. Also alot of trial and error is done before getting the right picture you want. I can spend up to 1hr or more just to get the effect I wanted. I shoot alot of marcros and lighting is very important. Try to play around with a DC when reading the reviews and u will find DC very easy to use. You can get to see the pictures right away thus improving on the techic u need to capture cool pictures.
I badly need the link or website for the mscolour, anyone?
Old 02-10-2003, 01:29 PM   #28
SoToNgMaN

Senior Moderator

Quote:
Not at the moment, I'm a collector of cameras.
Any specific models you are interested, my friends change thier DCs quite often too, and in very good conditions. If you have any models in mind, just drop me a PM and I'll get back to u if I happen to come across one. However price don't expect dirt cheap like paying $500 for a Nikon 5000(though it is not a very good camera). But won't be higher than the normal market price too like paying $1000 for a mint condition Nikon 5700 with standard accessories. The above are examples only. I'll post the pictures after I get the Canon Rebel. Bros here can post pictures to compare too.
Thanks in advance

"Huo Dao Lao Xue Dao Lao"
Knowledge shall I seek till wither

Photography Gallery
http://www.watchsg.com
SoToNgMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 11:48 AM   #29
Palmer

Quote:
Thank you so much. I'm glad help is here.

The above link is dead, I can't get into their websites. Or is it close down already?
Sorry bro... got the spelling wrong. It should be www.mscolor.com.sg

Cheers
Old 03-10-2003, 12:41 PM   #30
aardwolf

Quote:
Originally posted by Palmer
Sorry bro... got the spelling wrong. It should be www.mscolor.com.sg

Cheers
Cheers, thank you so much. Actually I saw the link in another thread and have already ask for a e-quote. They surely take a long time to response huh. I've waited for 3 long days already.

Anyway thanks for your help. Share more on DC or photography skills here.