Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 24-06-2008, 11:41 AM   #391
kitsilano

AFC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus View Post
Bro Kit,

Think you have a potential breeding pair in your hands

On the head growth, I feel that it is a common trait amongst this spawn. Prehaps when they are Junior Nisai-s, it will pick up. Let's exchange notes on this as I have a very nice pair of yours that I will be keeping for long time.

Other than that, the pairs are swimming very well. Penducle, body, balance.. all very nice.

Extremely glad to see is that this pair have much larger tails compared their bros/sis. Looking forward to the next nogi spawn.

Cheers
Titus

Thanks bro Titus...hope we can keep this spawn and breed from them. I think overall the spawn all got very similar stout body, reasonably good length and decent peduncle. I am aware that some tails are soft...a bit too soft...so must learn how to overcome them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machoranchu View Post
Nice update bro Kit. They are looking good. I'm sure the headgrowth will come. My tvr knowledge is limited, but if you want your next spawn to have higher chance of good headgrowth maybe throw in some Fukami milt.

I think the poor headgrowth is due to environment(my inadequate grooming skills) and not the genes. Good to see you are aware that Fukami lines generally produce good strong head...but I think the Fukami type are quite different from the Nogi and will not be compatible.
kitsilano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 12:18 PM   #392
kitsilano

AFC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazari View Post
Bro Kit, thanks for sharing! For a person who has bred top show dogs before, im sure you know about genetics and bloodlines more than any one here. Nogi or Jin Chu Kai fishes are known to be slow developer......So the need to be more patient. And im totally aware you have plenty of patience and passion

I agree with Bro Titus, i think these 2 will make a very good pairing. Hope to see resessive genes appear the next generation...to be as closed as these 2 mother

Cheers
I really like the word "PATIENCE" as I think it is very important to be patience in the hobby.

Being patient, one will develop awareness...breeding as said is not adding one female to 2 or 3 males. I am glad that many brethrens have bought or willingly accepted my placement of some fishes for grooming. I am also glad that I have seen many postings over the past few mths of my spawn and some have willinglly let me physically view the fishes in their homes.....this in a nutshell is the joy and thrill that I get and it definitely help me in my ranchu learning curve.

Bro Nazari....I am glad that you see through the breeding and that you highlight the strength of the mother fish....hope to capture the mother type and can stabilize her genes when her siblings are ready to breed.

Just to share...I have bred German shepherd dogs and have done it with a very good partner and we together bred many litters and have gone from litter A to Z and back again before we stopped...lots of hard work and we keep records. Many free weekends were spent visiting our breedings that were all over Sg and we take note and discuss their developement. We keep records on their hip X-ray, show critiques etc. Again in a nutshell...hope we all can see like during our student days...just try to recall the better students who dilligently take notes and ask questions during lectures...they are the ones who find class lessons exciting and they tend to perform well.

Hope I am not too "chim" as we are all very "sarabat" and laissez faire in our attitude....somehow I hope that I can find some bros who share the same passion in the hobby and are willing to do it the proper and passionately humble way of ranchu keeping....after all as I mentioned a few times before...we are all handicapped by our limited 3 steps ladder.

Cheers!!

Kitsilano
kitsilano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 04:40 PM   #393
Sotong King

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfish&koi View Post
very well say by nazari bro. breeding TVR is easy but to stable the line is hard. all the best to the breeder in singapore. the key words i got for all breeder in singapore " dun give up when you meet up with obstacles, try ways and means to resolve the problem." Good luck to all
Time for "standup, standup for Sarabat Stall...."