Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Closed Thread

Old 29-11-2008, 12:28 AM   #231
DraVen

thanx john and highlander for the advice and suggestions. i just bought 2 cpo today. but they were hiding in the plants and bamboo for the past 2 hours or so. is it normal? or are the neons scaring them?
anyway the Boraras Brigittae highlander recommended looks very nice. i'll be keeping a lookout for it. thanx thanx~

Old 01-12-2008, 01:17 PM   #232
highlander_den

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraVen View Post
thanx john and highlander for the advice and suggestions. i just bought 2 cpo today. but they were hiding in the plants and bamboo for the past 2 hours or so. is it normal? or are the neons scaring them?
anyway the Boraras Brigittae highlander recommended looks very nice. i'll be keeping a lookout for it. thanx thanx~
It's normal. But a male CPO tends to explore more than female CPO, in my case. It could be your fishes that are scaring them too.

Any updates since then?

Old 01-12-2008, 11:55 PM   #233
DraVen

they're fine now i guess. they are still hiding every now and then, but i did see them roaming around at times too. thanks for the concern highlander.
just a couple of quick question, my cpo don't eat the food i gave them. at least i don't see them eating. but i did see them walk around my substrate and (i think) picking up algae to eat. do they eat algae like shrimp does?
and one of my cpo is without the feelers-like thingy. i don't think it is normal rite? will it grow back when it molts?
lastly, i came back just now and see my tetras' colour are very faint. anyone has any idea what happened? i'm worried that maybe the water is having some problem and might affect my cpo
thanx thanx

Old 02-12-2008, 10:37 AM   #234
sushiX

Quote:
they're fine now i guess. they are still hiding every now and then, but i did see them roaming around at times too. thanks for the concern highlander.
just a couple of quick question, my cpo don't eat the food i gave them. at least i don't see them eating. but i did see them walk around my substrate and (i think) picking up algae to eat. do they eat algae like shrimp does?
and one of my cpo is without the feelers-like thingy. i don't think it is normal rite? will it grow back when it molts?
lastly, i came back just now and see my tetras' colour are very faint. anyone has any idea what happened? i'm worried that maybe the water is having some problem and might affect my cpo
thanx thanx
I also have 2 cpo together with a group of tetras.. they all doing fine. My 2 cpo only active when it is meal time... I will treat the tetras with the food.. as they are rushing for it.. the cpo will then come out sourcing for food..

What did u feed them? Can try Hikari Crab food.. they like it.

Old 02-12-2008, 10:47 AM   #235
highlander_den

My Male CPO feeding on Green Pea.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:40 AM   #236
DraVen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushiX View Post
What did u feed them? Can try Hikari Crab food.. they like it.
i'm feeding them with Sera's crab natural loops. tried feeding them the whole loop, but i only see my tetras eating them. so i can't really be sure if my CPOs are eating them. anyway i don't think i'll change to another brand of food as yet as i'm considering trying out peas first, but i'll definately look into your recommendation if i'm going to buy them. thanx~

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlander_den View Post
My Male CPO feeding on Green Pea.
what kind of peas are you using? those kind of peas from the supermarkets? do i need to defrost them before feeding? or is there any other special handlings?and is there a need to remove the unfinished peas? because i doubt my two CPOs can finish one whole pea.
sorry for bombarding you with so many questions. hope you don mind

Old 02-12-2008, 04:28 PM   #237
sushiX

[QUOTE=DraVen;6377818]i'm feeding them with Sera's crab natural loops. tried feeding them the whole loop, but i only see my tetras eating them. so i can't really be sure if my CPOs are eating them. anyway i don't think i'll change to another brand of food as yet as i'm considering trying out peas first, but i'll definately look into your recommendation if i'm going to buy them. thanx~

oh.. bro draven.. i throw in the bits for the tetras 1st.. so once that de indication of "breakfast is here", all will come out (including the CPOs), then i throw in the hikari, they will then grab it and "hug" it.

Old 02-12-2008, 08:58 PM   #238
DraVen

sushix, i'm also doing the same thing, dropping my tetra's food down first. but no sign of my CPO eating the food i got them. they can even walk rite pass the food which is on the floor. anyway thanx bro~

Old 03-12-2008, 12:08 PM   #239
highlander_den

Quote:
i'm feeding them with Sera's crab natural loops. tried feeding them the whole loop, but i only see my tetras eating them. so i can't really be sure if my CPOs are eating them. anyway i don't think i'll change to another brand of food as yet as i'm considering trying out peas first, but i'll definately look into your recommendation if i'm going to buy them. thanx~
Since you only have 2 CPOs, why not break down the Sera's crab loop into pieces and throw in only a few, instead of the whole loop? At least I did it in that way.

Quote:
what kind of peas are you using? those kind of peas from the supermarkets? do i need to defrost them before feeding? or is there any other special handlings?and is there a need to remove the unfinished peas? because i doubt my two CPOs can finish one whole pea.
sorry for bombarding you with so many questions. hope you don mind
Those you can find in supermarket, frozen green pea. What I did is to take out 1 pea, wash it under tap water (defrost process) and cut it into 4 pieces. For 2 CPOs, you may want to throw in just 3/4 of a pea.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:04 PM   #240
DraVen

i'm did break the loops. but it seems like there's no effect. i'll try your peas recommendation for the time being first. so you only rinse the peas? and not soak it till it's soft even on the inside?

Closed Thread