Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 11-07-2009, 01:39 AM   #1
Schmike
Endangered Dragon

Default PNT Thread #4

some updates of my PNTs:

Schmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:13 AM   #2
RELAX
Dragon

hi there,i brought home my former old pnt from pond,after i place him in my fgt,i notice she started to hv peel skin on the shell and underbody,infact whole body starting to hv renew skin(eg,exactly like human overexposed suntanning situation,and then our skin hv sunburn,and peeling starts,...)
other than that,as usual,active and eating like nobody.
any one can try to explain why?
RELAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:22 AM   #3
Schmike
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RELAX View Post
hi there,i brought home my former old pnt from pond,after i place him in my fgt,i notice she started to hv peel skin on the shell and underbody,infact whole body starting to hv renew skin(eg,exactly like human overexposed suntanning situation,and then our skin hv sunburn,and peeling starts,...)
other than that,as usual,active and eating like nobody.
any one can try to explain why?
continuous peeling till it look pinkish? how long have this been happening? if its what i described it sounds like a condition elindra experienced while she was babysitting a PNT for a friend. it could b skin infection.

do a 30min seawater bath (i.e. marine salt bath) for 3-4 times a day. today dr frederic chua's clinic is open. i think it will b gd to bring it over for a checkup. u may want to call up n check if he is there. if not there r also other vets who will b able to help u.

Allpets & Aqualife Pets Pte Ltd
219 Jalan Kayu #01-01 Singapore 799442
Tel : 6481 3700

if its just a one off peeling then its just the PNT is growing n shedding skin. that is normal. it just happen that u brought it out when it was shedding.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:35 AM   #4
Elindra
Dragon

Dosing it with Japanese yellow powder helps too if the peeling is really bad
Btw does the PNT feel slimy?
Elindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 01:21 PM   #5
RELAX
Dragon

no slimy observed,just look like dry outer skin peeling off,other than that,nothing alarming.infact look better when new skin take over.

maybe after bringing back home,fed her well and she growing fast and started peeling?
or my fgt is not as deep as the former pond,where during hot afternoon,she can dive deep down and away from direct sunlight.because my fgt during hot afternoon,can be very warm and no place to get away from direct sunlight?

i will monitor few more wks to see if the peeling stop,if not will make her do a saltwater bath as suggested.

thanks and regards
Old 11-07-2009, 01:28 PM   #6
Schmike
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
no slimy observed,just look like dry outer skin peeling off,other than that,nothing alarming.infact look better when new skin take over.

maybe after bringing back home,fed her well and she growing fast and started peeling?
or my fgt is not as deep as the former pond,where during hot afternoon,she can dive deep down and away from direct sunlight.because my fgt during hot afternoon,can be very warm and no place to get away from direct sunlight?

i will monitor few more wks to see if the peeling stop,if not will make her do a saltwater bath as suggested.

thanks and regards
the way u describe sounds like its just shedding as it grow. its normal.
Old 11-07-2009, 02:14 PM   #7
RELAX
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmike View Post
the way u describe sounds like its just shedding as it grow. its normal.
i take a good look just now,seem the shedding is spreeding,however those area that already peel off,never hv the problem again.so hopefully is just temporary.
Old 11-07-2009, 03:44 PM   #8
Schmike
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
i take a good look just now,seem the shedding is spreeding,however those area that already peel off,never hv the problem again.so hopefully is just temporary.
peeling all over while its growing is normal. dont have to worry so much. if the peeling continue after the skin peels off then is a disease.
Old 11-07-2009, 03:53 PM   #9
BigeyeFish
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmike View Post
some updates of my PNTs:
Swee. flying turtle - still my dream to own one and regrets for giving up mine for the purpose of 6ft fish comm.

your turtles are very well taken care by you leh.
BigeyeFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 04:13 PM   #10
Schmike
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigeyeFish View Post
Swee. flying turtle - still my dream to own one and regrets for giving up mine for the purpose of 6ft fish comm.

your turtles are very well taken care by you leh.
actually u can comm them with ur fishes just like elindra. just that the risk is there. if ur PNT is like her piggy n shelly then it will b fine.

i wont say they r very well take care of. there is still a lot more for me to learn about them.

dont forget how cramp their tank/tub were when u saw them early this yr.