Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 14-06-2003, 10:57 AM   #21
Demekin

Quote:
Originally posted by Xerovix
if i am free, i'll show you the difference between algae and greenwater. which master told you greenwater must be like 'sugarcane' water?
I remembered someone went to summerkoi to see some gf ponds which are green water until cannot see fish one leh. So which is which ?

Even I recalled visiting green n gold that one picture show the fish in a "sugarcane like" water.

Chim ...
Old 14-06-2003, 11:04 AM   #22
Oranda

i think sugarcane is the wrong vege leh, should be pea soup green heheh.....pea got more protein than sugarcane
Old 14-06-2003, 11:12 AM   #23
Xerovix

sugarcane like kinda greenwater is not the right way after i asked a few japanese(and after they asked friends back home). the intensity of green water should be you still can see the features and layout of the fish, and the bottom of the tub. it is sorta tinted green. one of them asked me this... "if one can't see his fish... it is difficult for him to take care of his fish."

and no just G&N keeping their fishes in 'sugarcane' water, i remembered visiting some japanese websites showing the same thing, too. of coz, some keep in less intesified greenwater.

as for me, i will choose the former method if circumstances allows me to cultivate greenwater at home.

Quote:
Originally posted by Demekin
I remembered someone went to summerkoi to see some gf ponds which are green water until cannot see fish one leh. So which is which ?

Even I recalled visiting green n gold that one picture show the fish in a "sugarcane like" water.

Chim ...
Old 14-06-2003, 11:26 AM   #24
happybuddha

Quote:
Originally posted by egstring
although greenwater can make goldfish grow well and develope to its full potential but we can enjoy looking at them swimming and eating at the comfort of our home....
moreover, the greenwater makes it difficult to view the fish...

there are pros and cons....so...haha....
I mentioned sometime ago that my dream is to maintain a green water tub outdoor, and a display tank with clear water indoor. Then I can rotate my fish once in a while. You might want to make my dream a reality yourself if you have the space.
Old 14-06-2003, 04:42 PM   #25
CyberET

damn, bought this 8 ports airpump, and by the 2nd day, 2 ports spoilt, damn pissed! guess thats the problem when you buy cheaper products solved my fishy problems, actually was O2 problem, overstocked with too many fishes, filter cannot work properly and fishes not enough O2 blah blah blah the list goes on.. all because not enuff O2, turn off the UV already, and the water is still clear, but with a green tint, is that the green water that we should be going for? or should it be on the cloudy side?
Old 14-06-2003, 05:06 PM   #26
chrisamos

this is my goldfish tank could this call as green water with the green stuff all over the tank.

Old 14-06-2003, 07:57 PM   #27
AeroKing

Talking Re: The Geen Water

Quote:
Originally posted by dannyWong
See this GF before and after in pond /green water.
What a great different. Then no reason to keep at home anymore.
No pond , don't keep GF liao.
http://www.geocities.com/greenngoldsg/studio-frame.html
Aiyah...just use light loh!
Old 14-06-2003, 07:57 PM   #28
AeroKing

Talking Re: Re: The Geen Water

Quote:
Originally posted by goldfishfever
Of course there is way and that is to use metal halid lamp to great green water.
Right..boss!
Old 14-06-2003, 08:06 PM   #29
AeroKing

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Xerovix
if i am free, i'll show you the difference between algae and greenwater. which master told you greenwater must be like 'sugarcane' water?
Yes, please!
Old 14-06-2003, 08:09 PM   #30
happybuddha

Quote:
Originally posted by chrisamos
this is my goldfish tank could this call as green water with the green stuff all over the tank.
No lah. Your tank's walls are covered with algae and the water only looks green due to light passing through the algae wall. To confirm, scope some of the water out into a glass jar. I think you'll find the water is quite clear.