Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion

Old 29-04-2003, 06:05 PM   #31
klimey

Hi Bro KL,

Thanks for your help. I will call u next week. This week quite bad...bit busy la.

Information is precious....more so if going to blow lots of RMs for aro......and if not good aro....heart sick.....

Irene has new stock but good ones have been sold......

what do u think of bro puk1 comment about thye lee hing?
Old 29-04-2003, 06:10 PM   #32
KL

PUK1

Are you saying all aro sale by THY are rejected quality?? In what way??? Well, at times I go thru this forum and felt that there are too many aro fans looking for perfection. Hmmm.......I think that is fine and it is a very good sign but at time when we go to the extrem......????I strongly believe that we are all trying our best to search a piece of good quality aro...and I have been looking, finding, so called a "dream aro" or perfect aro for more than 5 year and guess what, I only found what I like. And I can tell you they are not perfect. Minor problem such as a pelvic fin is longer than other, etc....do occur. And bare in mind my searching of the perfect aro not only in KL / Klang Valley or Malaysia but also in s'pore, Indonesia, Taiwan, Japan, Hong Kong. Not only at LFS but visited a few farms too. I guess aro like any other living thing include human there isn't any that is perfect. If you think what I say is not true... Buy a few aro Mag or books and go thru pic by pic you be able to find there are small "defects" here and there. Well, in life if you always look for perfection you will be very tired, and most of the time disappointed! Sometime certain thing can be perfect to you but not others......!!!!!!!!! And as we are all aware that most of the "better quality aro" are being exported. Simply because not many of us can affort it. For your Infor, someone told me that lately the LFS in Bangsar sold a piece of Platinium X back from King Kong (about 10") for Rm 64,000.00. Well how many of us can afford it?????

In my opinion, when come to selecting your aro....well, as long as you think it is the best and you like it, budget allow,....go for it!!If not you will never get one.

However, as long you do not pay x back price for an rtg.....I think it is fine!!!!

Well, may be I am not an aro expert, therefore I put up such a statement. But I must say I spend a lots to learn and I loves all my aros........

Regards,
Old 29-04-2003, 06:15 PM   #33
KL

klimey,

Well, I will not make such a statement unless I have hard and solid proof. Because I think as an adult, we have to be responsible in anything we say or do. And a statement as such, can lead you to legal problems. So....And I own there pieces of SR from THY for more than one year, and they turn to be good and nice. And they are some of my favourite at home.
Look forward to talk to you and sharing your experience with me...

Regards,
Old 29-04-2003, 07:03 PM   #34
sing2

Quote:
Originally posted by KL
PUK1

Are you saying all aro sale by THY are rejected quality?? In what way??? Well, at times I go thru this forum and felt that there are too many aro fans looking for perfection. Hmmm.......I think that is fine and it is a very good sign but at time when we go to the extrem......????I strongly believe that we are all trying our best to search a piece of good quality aro...and I have been looking, finding, so called a "dream aro" or perfect aro for more than 5 year and guess what, I only found what I like. And I can tell you they are not perfect. Minor problem such as a pelvic fin is longer than other, etc....do occur. And bare in mind my searching of the perfect aro not only in KL / Klang Valley or Malaysia but also in s'pore, Indonesia, Taiwan, Japan, Hong Kong. Not only at LFS but visited a few farms too. I guess aro like any other living thing include human there isn't any that is perfect. If you think what I say is not true... Buy a few aro Mag or books and go thru pic by pic you be able to find there are small "defects" here and there. Well, in life if you always look for perfection you will be very tired, and most of the time disappointed! Sometime certain thing can be perfect to you but not others......!!!!!!!!! And as we are all aware that most of the "better quality aro" are being exported. Simply because not many of us can affort it. For your Infor, someone told me that lately the LFS in Bangsar sold a piece of Platinium X back from King Kong (about 10") for Rm 64,000.00. Well how many of us can afford it?????

In my opinion, when come to selecting your aro....well, as long as you think it is the best and you like it, budget allow,....go for it!!If not you will never get one.

However, as long you do not pay x back price for an rtg.....I think it is fine!!!!

Well, may be I am not an aro expert, therefore I put up such a statement. But I must say I spend a lots to learn and I loves all my aros........

Regards,
Hi Bro KL

101% support your statement!

rgds
Old 29-04-2003, 08:30 PM   #35
BMB XB

Well said...bro KL. There are no 100% perfect arowana in this world. Close to 80% I also happy liao...
Old 29-04-2003, 08:37 PM   #36
BMB XB

While I'm reading this thread, I notice you all keep saying sungai kling. Where does it located ? Or should it be sungai kerian across kedah and perak state ??
Old 29-04-2003, 08:54 PM   #37
hoojo

Smile

Hi guys

recently i just went over to KL and found my cousin buying a wild bukit merah blue base cross back with thin gold frame at about 7". Can see sparkles of shine at the fifth lvl and the 7" is from head to tail. Any comments on the pricing for a fish like this?? Anyway the fish is bought in Bukit merah when he driving pass that area from a local there.
And anyway i just a aro fan from SG who happens to see this.
Old 30-04-2003, 02:46 AM   #38
ARO2000

Quote:
Originally posted by KL
PUK1

Regards,
KL,

Dont blame me lah cos I heard this from one of my two 'SIFUS' ler! . FYI, I duno much about aros , let alone been to TLH for not more than 3 times so how could I have simply come out with such a sweeping statement by myself leh? I ask a lot of questions about aros to my real life friends who rear them and thats how i learned. So what they tell me, I share with you fellows lor.

For example, some of the Kllites here keep on saying MEga World Bkt Mrh x Sg Kling crossback SWEE SWEE SWEE but none actually knew about the defect on both of these aros there. I myself also couldn't see but one of my SIFUs saw and told me so I share with u dudes lor!

Another example is that one of my SIFUS tell me that Irene LFS's aros, u see now, u see the same fish two weeks later, still same size. But over here, u say Irene very very good. So all this is very subjective.

So all this is about sharing info only not condemning any particular LFS.
Old 30-04-2003, 01:42 PM   #39
eddie73
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by PUK1
Bro,

one of my SIFUs told me that Thye Lai Hing's Aros all reject quality one lah! Dun play play ok!
Bro PUK1,

Your statement above is actually liable to be sued if TLH owner really visits this site. This is no joke as you post this without solid proof.

Before you came, not too long ago, there was one member here (singapore) whom had mistakenly alleged Sumber reds by DFI to be 1.5 red. There was some abvious misunderstanding there and DFI has taken up a casse against the member. This is BAD for the website. We do not want this to happen to you!

All you have heard are just hearsay SO let's just hear and say BUT NOT put it in black and white.

No matter whether this statement is from your so-called sifus or you, there will be a case against you.

If I were you , I will retract this post from the website. Hope you will be more careful in future!

Regards,
eddie73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2003, 01:47 PM   #40
eddie73
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by BMB XB
While I'm reading this thread, I notice you all keep saying sungai kling. Where does it located ? Or should it be sungai kerian across kedah and perak state ??
Bro BMB XB,

I think Sg Kerian lah! I dun think got Sg Kling in MAlaysia!! ! Tg Keling got lah but in MAlacca but Sg Kling...????
eddie73 is offline   Reply With Quote