Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Announcements & Guidelines

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 07:55 PM   #11
jwhtan
Barney

It is the responsibility of the members to read the rules of any forums or websites that they want to visit and abide by them. May I respectfully remind all that when you signed in to register at this website, you agree to abide by all our rules and regulations before you can even proceed with your registration. The thread garnering response and letting members have their final say was there for a week until it went without response for two days before we implement the guidelines. It is not our responsibility to mass email or mass private message everyone in here. And I am sure our members do not need to be spoonfed in this manner. When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

Inevitably ignorance will always be used as an excuse. " I am new, I long time never log in, etc etc. " If we let these excuses be, then there's no point in implementing guidelines, cos somehow someone will abuse the guidelines, claim ignorance and quote precedents.

I know this for a fact, cos we have tried persuasion and coaxing, time and again, to request members to be mindful of the minority, when they put pictures and avatars up, all to no avail.

The guidelines were implemented as a last resort, when all persuasions failed, and the complaints became terribly rampant, everyday
Old 01-12-2005, 11:56 PM   #12
weicong

yes i understand. Ok lah. haha just babbling just now. Dunno y suddenly post those stuff also. Anyway in general i think AF has done a good job.

Old 03-06-2006, 01:47 AM   #13
Sunnie

He is definitely not very right either.

Today he imposed this regulation tomorrow the imposed another. He expect us log in just to see what new ideas he just invented to impose on us?

To order to be Arofanatics member we have to be on our toes, we must check what new regulations he has for us? We have to act quickly otherwise we get penalty for now following his "orders"

Come on be fair we are all hobbyist here. Don't try rule with an iron fist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weicong
Bro jwtan, i am not saying u r wrong. Yes u did the right thing as things were getting a bit out of hand. Just 1 2 express by views on this issue. Cheers.

Eh no offense to any1 leh.

Old 03-06-2006, 06:19 AM   #14
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnie
He is definitely not very right either.

Today he imposed this regulation tomorrow the imposed another. He expect us log in just to see what new ideas he just invented to impose on us?

To order to be Arofanatics member we have to be on our toes, we must check what new regulations he has for us? We have to act quickly otherwise we get penalty for now following his "orders"

Come on be fair we are all hobbyist here. Don't try rule with an iron fist.
If u think we are unreasonable, do go ahead and find another place that you feel more comfortable with and who does not, in your eyes, rule with an iron fist. If you feel so uncomfortable abt being an arofanatics members, then don't be. Don't force yourself. You have a choice.

There are many many arowana websites and many other aquatic websites too.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:51 AM   #15
terence28

Every forum have their own house rules, i dun understand why pple have a problem following rules.

I've had my avatar removed before, but chose to respect the stand of the moderators, and i have adhered to the guidelines since. What is so difficult????

Old 03-06-2006, 04:16 PM   #16
Sunnie

I never said you guys from Arofanatics. I am pin pointing you.

If you think you are right? Look at your reputation point. Think again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhtan
If u think we are unreasonable, do go ahead and find another place that you feel more comfortable with and who does not, in your eyes, rule with an iron fist. If you feel so uncomfortable abt being an arofanatics members, then don't be. Don't force yourself. You have a choice.

There are many many arowana websites and many other aquatic websites too.

Old 04-06-2006, 03:52 AM   #17
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnie
I never said you guys from Arofanatics. I am pin pointing you.

If you think you are right? Look at your reputation point. Think again.
In that case, I'll have to take this onto my hand and disable ur account. We are not here for u to undermine and let me just put it across to u, u r a guest on this board and u have outlived ur welcome.

btw my rep points was zapped intentionally by myself.
Closed Thread