Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Announcements & Guidelines

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 03:16 PM   #1
cavallino
Administrator

Exclamation Please read before participating in threads regarding politics and religion

Politics and religion are sensitive topics, and should be treated differently from other casual chat topics. They should be handled with respect.

We do not intend to ban topics like politics and religion, we only need to manage them.

Therefore please exercise emotional discipline when participating in these threads (also refer to The Regulatory Framework #F2 and #F3).

Kindly refrain from making comments of a personal nature toward any fellow member or towards personalities outside the forum like, "eat waste rice", "paper army talk", "3 leg up the ladder", "PLP", "LPPL", "you are deluded", "you are stupid", "they are monkeys", "they are useless", etc.

Keep the discussion in English for ease of monitoring.

It IS NOT about writing in perfect Queen’s English.

It is about entering our comments in a sound and reasonable manner. It is about our attitudes.

Last edited by cavallino; 04-03-2010 at 04:24 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:45 PM   #2
cavallino
Administrator

examples of posts we do not wish to see

Quote:
.........waste rice MP.
Quote:
他妈的。 他妈的。
Quote:
what a load of crap
Quote:
The whole parliament all their kaki lang, they want to sing song, play mahjong, also can lar, what can we do?
Quote:
really eat waste rice..... brain storm over this kind if stupid issue of 肉骨茶,海南鸡饭的发源地....
Quote:
ha ha ha "Stimulate" KEE TOA LAN!
Quote:
singapore only that useless UNION
Quote:
Pay me 5k per mth, i can think of better topic n ideas in parliament.
examples of posts that we wish to see

Quote:
Talk about bigger things lah, education, health care, rising cost etc.
Quote:
wonder how will this help the lower and middle income group......pple already having problem having proper meals with this increase, that increase and they come out with this idea to have Food Museum....*sigh
Quote:
Some background on MP Baey Yam Keng

http://www.pap.org.sg/images_06candidates/pdf_baey.pdf
Quote:
heard somef good tink abt thier system but havent hear any of the bad side, other than thier taxing system.

eg .
studies til uni is free
medical free for elderly

do correct me if my information is mistaken
Quote:
Irony for security reasons .....The Gurkha Contingent is employ by SPF, aren't they foreigners talents too??? principal role is here to do security/ guarding of installations as well as counter-terrorist force.

British Army Gurkhas, French Foreign Legion employs foreigners for security purpose too.
Quote:
During this parliament sitting, I watched on TV, MP Ong Kian Min from Tampines did well to highlight to help "children living with parents or parents living with children" who are not qualified as tax player. He suggested $250 to be credited into their CPF ordinary account to help the pay for the HDB loan.

And who can forget Dr Lily Neo for her clash with that Vivian.

As MP, you suppose to help us feedback our concerns to the policy makers. You feedback and try to fight for the needy, we got eyes to see.

And I don't think those old folks and needy residents in Tanjong Pagar during the meet the people session asked MP Baey to seek the identify for Char kuay tiao and bak gut teh.
Quote:
I think with great salary also come great expectation.

SG ministers are paid best in the world where their salary is compared to private sector CEO not with their peers in other country.

So it's not surprising most Sporean expect much more from the gov. If you are a boss paying world highest salary for your staff, you also expect him to perform as best in the world (even 2nd best will not do).

I mean with this kinda salary and profile they must have expected what they do or say will be closely scrutinised by Sporeans.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:52 PM   #3
cavallino
Administrator

The bottomline is, if you're just looking to have a mindless rant or throw a sh&t fit, then please stay out of these threads.

No, we don't practice freedom of speech in the form which allows anything to fly.

We practice freedom of speech + responsibility of speech. (refer to The Regulatory Framework #F3).

We might be quite relaxed about this in other casual settings or chat topics, but I expect more emotional discipline when it comes to delicate topics like politics and religion.

Last edited by cavallino; 04-03-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Old 29-03-2010, 04:11 PM   #4
cavallino
Administrator

The above has been added to the Regulatory Framework #F3A.
Closed Thread