Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Announcements & Guidelines

Closed Thread

Old 19-08-2004, 09:29 PM   #11
DiStar
Senior Dragon

As mentioned by John, this is actually a forum to share ideas, advice about fishes etc etc...

If you really want to see who are the real hobblysts and traders, just remove all the buy/sell forums...

Those that stay are the real hobblysts....in my opinon...
Old 23-08-2004, 12:54 AM   #12
Platinum

Well, i think it's kinda irrelevant and blatant to bring in external scenarios to validate the stands of not supporting this new regulation.

Just make it known that this is www.arofanatics.com and it's catered for hobbyist and definitely not for sole trading.

Contribute to the forum and share and soon enough it's 50 posts, why lament, rant and ramble if you are genuine enough.....

Good to eradicate the traders faction.......and also beneficial to promote more sharing of information, whether it'd be "lame" or whatever, abide by the rules and do the necessary if you want to be able to post legitimately in buy/sell.......repurcussions of any sorts in it's dubious ways will definitely be taken care of by the forum admins/moddies.

Old 23-08-2004, 03:01 AM   #13
Lucasyhk

Smile

I think just leave the job to mods and they shall decide what is deem appropriate action to take.

If we as the hobbyist are just here to share the knowledge base on all fishes, why bother what the mods decide?

Let the mods do their job and let us just do our surfing then.

There's a reason why we are just members and why they are the so called moderators.

cheers!

Old 26-08-2004, 12:20 AM   #14
VoLaTile
Arofanatic

Well, the new ones would definitely be affected by this. A change is always painful but we should just see how it goes first before any change should be made again.

I'm old yet considered new because of reactivation. Just have to accept my fate for now.
Old 09-10-2004, 07:18 PM   #15
blurrblurr

I really dun see the point of not allowing ppl to buy and sell in forum afraid one day it become another Ebay? then remove the sell and buy section. Bcos one day more and more newbie will still lead to more members hitting 50 posts and more and more ppl will sell more rubbish! so in the end back to square one. so wat u guys going to do next? increase the number of count again? If so then the oldbies will gain the most advantage.

So wat if people come in will go straight to buy/sell most are hobbist who dun mind 2nd hand stuff or in barget and are not going to buy and sell to gain profit. Even they are how much can they earn? $1000? $2000?
Some ppl like me come in read a bit here and there or make full use of the search function to get instant answer as i know most of my doubt are FAQ and can really hardly get 50 posts.
U prefer ppl to repeat a common topic everytime in order to get 50 msgs which lead to a huge database?

As for solution for preventing ppl from selling TKL why not submit in our IC number to validate our identity and gain permission to sell or buy? And any mis act in the forum or anyone selling TLK can be trace and action can be taken against him. And can even prevent him from register a valid login ID if he is ban.

Old 09-10-2004, 08:07 PM   #16
bsplenden
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurrblurr
I really dun see the point of not allowing ppl to buy and sell in forum afraid one day it become another Ebay? then remove the sell and buy section. Bcos one day more and more newbie will still lead to more members hitting 50 posts and more and more ppl will sell more rubbish! so in the end back to square one. so wat u guys going to do next? increase the number of count again? If so then the oldbies will gain the most advantage.

So wat if people come in will go straight to buy/sell most are hobbist who dun mind 2nd hand stuff or in barget and are not going to buy and sell to gain profit. Even they are how much can they earn? $1000? $2000?
Some ppl like me come in read a bit here and there or make full use of the search function to get instant answer as i know most of my doubt are FAQ and can really hardly get 50 posts.
U prefer ppl to repeat a common topic everytime in order to get 50 msgs which lead to a huge database?

As for solution for preventing ppl from selling TKL why not submit in our IC number to validate our identity and gain permission to sell or buy? And any mis act in the forum or anyone selling TLK can be trace and action can be taken against him. And can even prevent him from register a valid login ID if he is ban.
erm... maybe you read through the whole thread to gain a better understanding? lets not get heated up here... there is no way to get the best of both worlds... what the mods are trying to do is to prevent people who sign up just to sell their rubbish here... this is a fish forum... i don't go to the buy/sell forum to look for CD players... i want to look for fish and tanks... i can go to yahoo auctions or ebay if i want any other stuff...

it is not exactly a problem of how much they earn... it doesn't concern us... he can sell an arowana for $3,000,000... and we don't care... willing seller, willing buyer... but lets keep this strictly a fish forum... i don't want to click on buy/sell forum, and get pages and pages and pages of handphones and MP3 players on sale...

if you visit this forum often, you will notice that some people really do post some rubbish and one liners... but that is only a few people... and most of the time, other members will remind them not to do that... 50 posts is a reasonable number... not too much, and not too little... at least, it prevents people from coming here with the sole intention of trying to sell other stuff...

as for submitting IC number, its hard... wait people anyhow humtum an IC number in also can what... we can ensure that it is the correct IC number...
Old 09-10-2004, 10:12 PM   #17
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurrblurr

I can see ur point .. the amendments didn't work in ur favour
Old 11-10-2004, 01:58 AM   #18
Platinum

I think enough inputs in this thread.......if it irks you so much, go venture into another forum perhaps....so that the simple prerequisite of 50 posts won't stand mandatory as an eyesore for yourself......before ya can start to post in buy/sell.....

Stop lamenting, ranting and rambling, makes ya real lame via justifying a few "methods" which sounds simple to your own vague mentality but please understand that this is a forum shared by all......implementing a change is subjected to all sorts of reactions.......etc etc.

Think about it, lament and rant further, you could have simply hit 50 post counts in discussion threads.

Old 22-11-2004, 12:30 AM   #19
kagemaru

IMHO there is some preference and bending for "Selected few"...there were threads that was selling "On Behalf of Friend"...wat was the rule again?

Old 22-11-2004, 02:02 AM   #20
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagemaru
IMHO there is some preference and bending for "Selected few"...there were threads that was selling "On Behalf of Friend"...wat was the rule again?
I must applaud ur thoroughness and patience for waiting long enough to find an example of this. Unfortunately I did not go through every thread to detect that. Inevitably there'll definitely be some threads that we all missed, but to say there are preferences ? then u better name those whom are "preferred" over others or are the "selected few" . But on second thots, I remembered u mentioned abt not coming to Buy/Sell forum anymore because u didn't like certain things. Waoh it must hv taken a lot out of you to come and detect this or have you been waiting a long time since your good fren found no place here. Maybe u want to highlight those cases u found and see if there has been any "preference and bending for those selected few". I'm quite surprised I dun even know I have some "selected few". If u want to accuse, then do it like a man. Dun insinuate, or beat around the bush. Tell me who are those "preferred" in ur words. Take ur time. Do ur search. But dun juz point to some threads. Say it out, LOUD and CLEAR, who these preferred and selected few are. Or u can pretend u didn't see this and wait for another opportunity to snipe again.

Look thru ur own posts. How many of them are postings in buy/sell but not "unless really need to sell off some things urgently"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagemaru
alot of times seen tat liao la...some "uncles" thread always got dramma one dun u think so...when so many using foul language to shoot and mods are present at the happening of the flames...no one care

See for urself and u will know...tats y now I always stay away from Buy/Sell Section liao...unless really need to sell off some things urgently

IP Logging...only if mods want to use or choose to use...for experienced users IP Spoofing can take care of tat...most Spore IP are dynamic and random allocated and if u use the same session to log in as another userID of cos MOD can trace u by the IP...
Closed Thread