Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Announcements & Guidelines

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 10:37 AM   #51
Stryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iori
Ya, but have you tot that prob a small minority is 'sore eyed' over this system? That's why the suggestion came abt in the first place mah.
tats the prob with most systems....pple who hates it from the onset and pple who hates it as it grew to be disadvantageous to them. There are pple who treats this seriously and pple who loves the fun of this system.To me, i love the fun of it...it spice up life in AF.

Old 09-07-2005, 12:09 PM   #52
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewmender
Hi John since these new rules have been implemented , I suggest we reset the rep pt system for everyone? i mean those who build their rep pt war chest pretty much have sufficent amt in their chest already and this new implementation would have little to no effect on their rep. ( which defeats the purpose of the new implementations)

juz a suggestion.
If the points is reset to 10 for everyone, then everyone will have no rep altering power. That would mean the whole system cannot start off altogether.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:26 PM   #53
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewmender
Well i accept ur views, but anyway time will tell who are those who are really posting constructively and not spamming and asking for reps
I'll like to take this opportunity to caution against spamming others' private message mailbox to ask for rep points. Those " bro can up my rep? i will return the favour by 2 tomolo... thanks bro! " type of spam to every other members' mailbox. Basically I dun pry into members private message, but if I get complaints from members regarding this, I will reset your rep points to 0 if its higher. So if you want to do this, make sure it's only to people you really know. Don't tell me they are your friends as your friends wud not complain against you. U do it, it's at your own risk. And dun tell me you were not warned. The zapping and resetting to zero by itself is the warning.

The same goes if you build multiple nicks as your back up for ur reps points obligations or war chest. If found, the nicks wud all be disabled and ur original nick reset to 0 if it's higher.
Old 13-07-2005, 11:12 AM   #54
Hades

Hahaha... so silly of me . Since i m a newbie, i juz upz him coz i thought it's juz a minor favour n is kinda like a 'tradition' going on here. Never ever imagine that this will be a kinda of spamming. Anyway i hav learned my lesson n thanks mod for enlightening me. Really embarrassed but thought about sharing it wif everyone...

Last edited by Hades; 13-07-2005 at 11:36 AM.

Old 13-07-2005, 11:35 AM   #55
Hades

Btw as a newbie i think the amended rep power system is kinda good but tedious. We will need 20 rep points to gain 1 rep power. So got to work hard n go to the extra mile to gain the 1 rep power. No pain no gain. Thanks n cheerio to u!!!

Old 30-07-2005, 06:29 AM   #56
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroboy II
Dear Admin,

I suggest members with rep power able to upz twice per day but zap only once.
My intention here is to help those bros who do not have any rep power but give constructive ideas and comments that should be "rewarded" with rep pts. Kindly do consider my suggestion. Thank you.
the system cannot differentiate between adding and deducting ...
Old 05-09-2005, 02:06 AM   #57
phillife76
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^tanch^
bro... i wanted to up coolcrab's rep but then accidentally down his rep by one leh...

so paiseh... anything 1 or u can do or help me? thanks ur help will be greatly appreciated...
Yo, ur rep pts less then 20. So u cant upz or dwn anyone at this moment. No worries. If he got zap, it is not by u.
Old 14-09-2005, 03:18 PM   #58
Iori

Quote:
Originally Posted by el993
Do you mean less than 20 rep pts can't up ppl? I would like to express my appreciation when I see someone who is helpful and has good point, but if can't up him, wat is the logic? Have to PM him to say thank you, right?

That's the system here bro. You can't do much other than wat you have just stated. Otherwise you'll have to wait for your friends to up you till you have 20pts, then you can 'repay' them.

Old 15-09-2005, 07:57 PM   #59
el993

When I login, I was entranced bcos gotten 2 upz from bros, one unknown while others are noted. Thanks bros for your generous gift, better than win 4d.

Why I need pts, not to zap ppl but just want to say thanks to lovely bros who have contributed in this forum, without them, many many ppl may get lost and suffer; unfortunately the rep power rule is set too strict so I can't and many new members can't say HI right now but I will absolutely do it if I can.

Shall this rule need any review? Newbie could be inexperience to zap ppl bcos lack of knowledge, but why we can't say thanks? Probably below 50 can't zap but can UP.
Mod, mature AF members wouldn't abuse rep power.

just my 2cents opinion.

Old 16-09-2005, 12:51 AM   #60
phillife76
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by el993
Mod, mature AF members wouldn't abuse rep power.
This sentences is often proven to be INVALID haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahl
Just be patient bro, sometimes newbie a bit anxious to do everything...i been there too In no time you will reach 20 and then you will have earned the right to award and zap.
Ya man, remember the period when almost everyday there is thread on the rep system, good or bad lah, kena zap lah, abused lah, etc....
Proudly to say "WE HAVE LIVE THRU DAT !!! " haha
Closed Thread