Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Announcements & Guidelines

Closed Thread

Old 29-09-2005, 05:15 PM   #61
tumourcraze

Quote:
Originally Posted by coronation
Why is rep points so important to people?

Just curious???

High rep points means u a reputable person?

High rep points means posts you put up here has value adding?
I am as puzzled as you.
Perhaps initially when it was implemented, some may find satisfaction in accumulating and doing better than others.High rep pts show that a person is well accepted by other members or have more friends here. That person may or may not be reputable in terms of contributions to the forum. Human nature is such that we all feel good to be accepted by others and get offended otherwise, so people will sometimes kpkb when they got zapped instead of examining why they got zapped. Controversies arising from the implementation of the system is surely expected in the first place. Afterall, people always want to win and dont want to lose. Maybe in time to come people may care less about the pts and more about their fishes.

Old 14-10-2005, 03:29 PM   #62
Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDred
erm how come i have no rep power arh... i want to upz bro also cannot lehz...
thought 1000 days will have 1 rep power at least..
minimum is 20 rep pts to start having the rep altering power bro. But when you get to twenty, you'll probably have 2 rep altering points coz of your 1000 day thing.

Old 17-10-2005, 04:07 PM   #63
nande
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhtan
I'll like to take this opportunity to caution against spamming others' private message mailbox to ask for rep points. Those " bro can up my rep? i will return the favour by 2 tomolo... thanks bro! " type of spam to every other members' mailbox. Basically I dun pry into members private message, but if I get complaints from members regarding this, I will reset your rep points to 10 if its higher. So if you want to do this, make sure it's only to people you really know. Don't tell me they are your friends as your friends wud not complain against you. U do it, it's at your own risk.

The same goes if you build multiple nicks as your back up for ur reps points obligations or war chest. If found, the nicks wud all be disabled and ur original nick reset to 0 if it's higher.
Good idea! especially prevents spam and scams
Old 28-11-2005, 06:20 PM   #64
neon

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallfish2
I think if anyone wants to zap anyone one of rep points, have the guts to put your reason and contact. Could there be any misunderstanding or a wrong phrase what was being communicated? Give that fella a chance to explain himself, and if you are still not happy after the explanation - then zap him for all I care.

But at least have the guts to identify yourself and even give others a chance to explain or apologise....... its always better to make a friend then to make an enemy. Dun be a coward to hide behind and zapping people, just give me an impression that that person is just a low life with very very low self esteem. Cheers!
after i read so many topics askign why they got zapped and stuff.i feel that rep points doesnt guaranteed one person reliability.

Sometimes,we disagree with something and we got zapped.sometimes,we said something wrong and we got zapped.but does rep points really that important?

ask yourself,whats the point of having alot of rep points but you dont know much about fish keeping?best example is me,i have 96 points but i am newbie in fish keeping and i am learning from alot of people here.i cant use this 96 points to exchange for rice,phones and so on.Its just an indicator on how many people actually love your style of postings and think that your post is a quality post and deserved some credits.

i dont agree with your suggestion regarding putting the phone number as it is better to do it through private messages and if the matter became worse,phone call might be the last resort but is it really necessary?

we cant make other people to keep on agreeing with what we said and vice versa.this is because we cant satisfied.As long as someone's post is constructive,i am sure he/she would be rewarded with point from some members here.

post what you think is right as long as all the words is put in the correct way and wont offends too many people.IF you think what you post is the truth,then face it and make people convince with what you posted.

just my 2 cents worth of opinion. ^-^

Old 28-11-2005, 07:52 PM   #65
jwhtan
Barney

The next person who chats or solicits for rep points on this thread will have their reps deducted by me. Prestontan reps were deducted by me for soliciting for pirated games which is illegal. This was put to him clearly as the reason. He can see it in his user cp himself. Please do not post here on ur own individual cases on why u got zapped.
Old 28-11-2005, 08:06 PM   #66
prestontan
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhtan
The next person who chats or solicits for rep points on this thread will have their reps deducted by me. Prestontan reps were deducted by me for soliciting for pirated games which is illegal. This was put to him clearly as the reason. He can see it in his user cp himself. Please do not post here on ur own individual cases on why u got zapped.
ok. Sorry. I'm not trying to solicite points - just in case it gets mistaken.

But do excuse me because I've never explored the 'User CP' thingy.

And, thanks for the clarification - the 'pirated' Cartridge part was done tongue-in-cheek - was asking for lobangs to buy cheap cartridges.

Sorry to have done that.
I should rest my case now.
Old 17-01-2006, 03:45 PM   #67
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggro_07
I have observed too many disputes n unhappiness over the rep system and i strongly feel that the awarding/deducting of rep points should be made transparent ( i.e user nick is revealed ). It is meaningless in a system whereby user is making an "anonymous move" which Admin can later pinpoint out who the party is. I will consider it as an infringement of privacy on the Admin's part.
It is put out clearly that vulgarities are frowned upon. We will not reveal the identity of any adds or zaps unless these are infringed. I know our privacy clause and our legal obligations to the privacy clause. Ur opinions are noted.
Old 27-02-2006, 05:19 PM   #68
blacks

Default User CP colours meaning

At the CP control section

1. What colour is a zap ?
2. What colour is upz (orange ?)
3. Is there another colour for not adding comments but a upz ?

Is there some where for me to refer to on the functions around, seem not able to find details on this in this thread.

Old 27-02-2006, 05:25 PM   #69
GIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacks
At the CP control section

1. What colour is a zap ?
2. What colour is upz (orange ?)
3. Is there another colour for not adding comments but a upz ?

Is there some where for me to refer to on the functions around, seem not able to find details on this in this thread.

1. What colour is a zap ? RED
2. What colour is upz (orange ?) GREEN
3. Is there another colour for not adding comments but a upz ? NO

BROWN the person can UPz or Zap U but don't have rep. power, so no pt. gain or loss.

Old 27-02-2006, 11:50 PM   #70
yijing55

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIN
1. What colour is a zap ? RED
2. What colour is upz (orange ?) GREEN
3. Is there another colour for not adding comments but a upz ? NO

BROWN the person can UPz or Zap U but don't have rep. power, so no pt. gain or loss.

I think person with no rep power zap or upz is grey......

Closed Thread