Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Announcements & Guidelines

Closed Thread

Old 28-02-2006, 03:29 PM   #71
GIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by yijing55
I think person with no rep power zap or upz is grey......
Kekeke U R right, I colour blind leh. Sorry.

Old 06-07-2006, 01:59 PM   #72
kkchee

Have a suggestion on the rep. system.

Would it be alright to fine tune the rep. clock (instead of 24 hrs) to start with effect from 12.00am (midnight) AF time?

Reason being I use to log-in in the morning and lunch (during free hour) to return up but was offen denied by the clock issue. In addition, it would be very convenient to bros/sis who could visit the site at a particular time of the day. Pls consider.

Old 13-08-2006, 12:52 PM   #73
OutdoorXplorer

My Rep Point is "0" and with a Bubble Message quoting " Having Misunderstanding with Others..."

What actually happenned?

Old 13-08-2006, 01:15 PM   #74
slooow

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorXplorer
My Rep Point is "0" and with a Bubble Message quoting " Having Misunderstanding with Others..."

What actually happenned?
if you have read the first few posting of this thread, you would have understood that sometimes people would agree, or disagree with you.

you may have mentioned somethings which people disagree to. however, they do not wish confront you. hence they zap you to show that they disagreed anonymously. [they may sometimes choose to leave a reason]

if you had mentioned somethings which people agree with, i am sure they will upz you

it may or may not always come with a valid reasoning... pure agreement or disagreement.

for example, i may say "hey the moon is so round tonight" and get zapped for it.

or, i may say "hey i prefer dvd to vcd" and also get zapped for it...

as long as people disagree, they come with their own school of thoughts, they may zap you...

there are times when you offer help or advice, and to acknowledge your effort, members thank you thru the upz

there are other times in the evenings when you share stories of your terrible day you just had and members upz you as a form of "console"

interestingly, there are posts which clearly reads "please zap me!!" but members still upz the thread-starter for fun... [i dont suggest you try this]

whatever the case, imho this system is aimmed at creating a positive atmosphere for members to "think before they talk"..... in this case, "think before they post harsh and uncalled for remarks"

i am in no way saying that you have posted harsh remarks. when i first join AF.com, i was zapped until the bubble turned red. my face was redder... i didnt understand the zapping system and i took it rather personally... i thought everybody disagreed with me... i felt oust... the feeling was really bad...

the mods and admins explained to me that this system is really not personal at all....

so whatever the case, do continue to enjoy your stay at AF.com. continue to contribute constructively. and most importantly, continue to learn the art of fish keeping!!

cheers

Old 13-08-2006, 05:31 PM   #75
OutdoorXplorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slooow
if you have read the first few posting of this thread, you would have understood that sometimes people would agree, or disagree with you.

you may have mentioned somethings which people disagree to. however, they do not wish confront you. hence they zap you to show that they disagreed anonymously. [they may sometimes choose to leave a reason]

if you had mentioned somethings which people agree with, i am sure they will upz you

it may or may not always come with a valid reasoning... pure agreement or disagreement.

for example, i may say "hey the moon is so round tonight" and get zapped for it.

or, i may say "hey i prefer dvd to vcd" and also get zapped for it...

as long as people disagree, they come with their own school of thoughts, they may zap you...

there are times when you offer help or advice, and to acknowledge your effort, members thank you thru the upz

there are other times in the evenings when you share stories of your terrible day you just had and members upz you as a form of "console"

interestingly, there are posts which clearly reads "please zap me!!" but members still upz the thread-starter for fun... [i dont suggest you try this]

whatever the case, imho this system is aimmed at creating a positive atmosphere for members to "think before they talk"..... in this case, "think before they post harsh and uncalled for remarks"

i am in no way saying that you have posted harsh remarks. when i first join AF.com, i was zapped until the bubble turned red. my face was redder... i didnt understand the zapping system and i took it rather personally... i thought everybody disagreed with me... i felt oust... the feeling was really bad...

the mods and admins explained to me that this system is really not personal at all....

so whatever the case, do continue to enjoy your stay at AF.com. continue to contribute constructively. and most importantly, continue to learn the art of fish keeping!!

cheers
Thanks for the info...

How do I find out that when, where and why I was zapped... And how do I clear the misunderstanding...?

Old 13-08-2006, 07:46 PM   #76
neon

Quote:
Thanks for the info...

How do I find out that when, where and why I was zapped... And how do I clear the misunderstanding...?
when + where u got zapped

this one u can check it from your user cp.

ask for why,ppl that zap/up has the choice whether they want to stat their reason of upping/zapping.

my advice is,if what you post is constructive,i am 101% sure that people will up u rather than zap you.sometimes,it took quite long time for yuou to establiched yourself among members but i am sure u can do it if u put in effort.

i realised you're from MY.i am from shah alam

have fun in arofanatics.com

Old 13-08-2006, 08:12 PM   #77
OutdoorXplorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon
when + where u got zapped

this one u can check it from your user cp.

i realised you're from MY.i am from shah alam

have fun in arofanatics.com
Bro, thanks for replying. I see nothing under UserCP why I was zapped...

Anyway nice to hear from another Malaysian....

Old 14-08-2006, 12:37 AM   #78
rahl

Quote:
Bro, thanks for replying. I see nothing under UserCP why I was zapped...

Anyway nice to hear from another Malaysian....
See the red cards under User CP? It's not compulsory for the zapper to leave the reason/nick. But you can see the thread where they zapped you, might give you a clue.

Like said previously, if you are constructive and reasonable, members will generally respect that.

Old 14-08-2006, 08:23 PM   #79
OutdoorXplorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahl
See the red cards under User CP? It's not compulsory for the zapper to leave the reason/nick. But you can see the thread where they zapped you, might give you a clue.

Like said previously, if you are constructive and reasonable, members will generally respect that.
Honestly I see nothing in RED... Leave it be la, just trying to correct any mistake I've doen; if any.....

Old 11-02-2007, 01:10 PM   #80
SIOWARO
Dragon

well,may i ask,people been zaping me with reasons like:you talk too much,people zap you and i just join in also...kind of,what you think?tx.
Closed Thread