Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Announcements & Guidelines

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 01:16 PM   #11
Fins&Tails
Senior Dragon

1) how about last day of bid suddenly add in a BNP? can or cannot?

2) for instance bid ends at that particular day/timing, and AF is down for maintenance for couple of hours and bid ends during that maintanence period, how to conclude the bid?

Thanks bro mods

Cheers
Old 16-10-2008, 05:46 PM   #12
Dexter G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobsterman View Post
Actually I do have another query. In the event that A post bid of $100 at 2359hrs and B posted another bid of $99 right after A's posting (also at 2359hrs but after A). Technically speaking, A should be the winner, as B's bid is less than A.

I believe we know of the "edit" function. In this case, if B managed to edit his bid to $101, he would win. Then again, A could also edit his bid... In this case, how is it going to be?

Then again, bidding is just another valueadd to this forum, I am not picking bones, but simply highlighting some scenerios...
Forum moderator,
can i have some indication on how to resolve issue with regards to the use of "edit" function in the case of bidding thread?
Would you be able to find out from the system at what time was the edit function used?

Old 17-10-2008, 11:07 PM   #13
Aroboy II
AFC Member

As far as the system does not show bidder X had edited his post (even he had as what you had mentioned) he still won the auction. Reason, he bid first and highest. So for Y to win, bid higher and within the time frame.
Old 18-10-2008, 04:33 AM   #14
redbasser

Pls correct me if I'm wrong in my understanding of the situation.

Based on the scenario I've described.

It is possible that Person X edited his post after the auction closed but the system doesn't show that he has changed it.

It is possible that Person Y quoted what was the actual bid price of Person X before it was changed.

From what was discussed, Person X wins the auction?

So it is possible that Person X cheats by editing his post after the closing and wins the auction.

And Person Y who initially saw Person X's real post, makes a quote of that post. Gets accused of changing Person X's post.

Old 18-10-2008, 04:22 PM   #15
CharlieBrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbasser View Post
Pls correct me if I'm wrong in my understanding of the situation.

Based on the scenario I've described.

It is possible that Person X edited his post after the auction closed but the system doesn't show that he has changed it.

It is possible that Person Y quoted what was the actual bid price of Person X before it was changed.

From what was discussed, Person X wins the auction?

So it is possible that Person X cheats by editing his post after the closing and wins the auction.

And Person Y who initially saw Person X's real post, makes a quote of that post. Gets accused of changing Person X's post.
Thanks for the questions. I know what you are referring to.

If I were Person Y, to deal with this problem, I would do this. Use the "Post Quick Reply" function, together with quoting Person X's post, and put my bid. What happens next is this. Person X's post would be quoted at the time of my posting. This would prevent Person X from changing his post.

Two possibilities can occur, if Person X is editing his post while Person Y is trying to bid:
(1) If Person X has not finished editing his post, and Person Y posts his bid, the original post would be quoted in Person Y's post.
(2) If Person X has finished editing his post and saves the changes, and then Person Y posts his bid, the revised post is quoted instead.

Hope this clarifies your questions.

Old 26-07-2009, 02:03 PM   #16
ongorg
Arofanatic

Default My suggestion

Hi MOD,

May I asked, if there is NO one bidding for the auction, I change the start price down, is it OK? Didnt violate any trading or biding rules right?

Regards
Old 26-07-2009, 10:27 PM   #17
Aroboy II
AFC Member

If you find suitable, I suggest you can put in "buy now price" in your auction which is optional in your thread.
Old 14-08-2009, 02:01 AM   #18
laodie
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ongorg View Post
Hi MOD,

May I asked, if there is NO one bidding for the auction, I change the start price down, is it OK? Didnt violate any trading or biding rules right?

Regards
can this be done actually?
Old 14-08-2009, 07:39 AM   #19
Aroboy II
AFC Member

If no one bids, it will be at the discretion of the Buy/Sell Mods to decide.
I have no objection provided it is not too often changing the starting price.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:43 PM   #20
redbasser

Just want to know what is the Mods view on this.

The auction details/conditions attached together with the pic instead of posted directly onto the thread.

Something like this.

Closed Thread