Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox

Old 16-10-2017, 09:51 PM   #61
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcookie View Post
How did Qin Dynasty ended? Not that I know history that well....
Every goddamn shit dynasty ended the same way ..... lol
doesn't matter whether it is Europe, China, Korea, Japan, Malacca ..... anywhere
jwhtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2017, 11:08 PM   #62
loveikan
Arofanatic

After this episode, how much emphasis will be put into PM which someone already whistleblowed that during Saw's era, budget on PM and related had been extensively cut to reduce costs to improve bottom line.
loveikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2017, 11:20 PM   #63
stargazer
Dragon

Default SMRT apologises for North-South line disruption in October, resolves to do better

Train operator SMRT apologised to members of the public on Monday (16 October) for the breakdown on the North-South Line earlier this month, saying that it is determined to learn the lessons from the incident.

The apology by top SMRT management at a media briefing at Bishan Depot comes slightly over a week after services on the Line were disrupted for about 20 hours from 7 to 8 October following flooding in an MRT tunnel.

Transport Minister Khaw Boon Wan, senior management from the Land Transport Authority, representatives from the Public Transport Council and Government Parliamentary Committee for Transport were also present at the briefing.

“For all the times that we have not been able to catch the falling balls in time, we are sorry for the inconvenience it has caused you, and resolve to learn the lessons and do better.

“Over the past five years, we have made great progress but also some mistakes. Regardless whether our issues are viewed by others as inherited, structural or cultural, we make no excuses. I take full responsibility for all that has happened under my watch as the overall Group’s chief executive,” said SMRT Corporation CEO Desmond Kuek

Chairman Seah Moon Ming also apologised to commuters at the briefing for the inconvenience caused by the disruption, saying that SMRT aims to “make things right” for commuters.

“We are very determined to put in all necessary resources to improve maintenance and to cut down disruptions and train breakdowns. We are fully committed to resolve the engineering and maintenance issues and deliver better service,” Seah said.

Kuek also acknowledged that many of the major disruptions previously were due in part or all to human error or failure. “We regret that this is so,” he said.

Much progress has been made to instill a positive work culture in SMRT, said Kuek.

But he acknowledged, “There remain some deep-seated cultural issues within the company that has needed more time than anticipated to root out. It would be wrong to paint everyone in SMRT with the same brush – 9 in 10 of our people are incredibly committed, professional and commuter-focused.”

Kuek also outlined the steps that SMRT has taken since the December 2011 disruptions. He said SMRT has “gone into overdrive” to tackle maintenance issues arising from age-related serviceability issues.

The staff strength of the Trains team has increased to 5,300 today from 3,500 previously, with the number of engineers tripling to almost 500.

SMRT has linked performance incentives to a basket of measures, of which safety and reliability are the most important.

SMRT has also transformed its SMRT Institute to better meet the training requirements of its workforce. It set up the Technology Management Office to develop tools for its critical systems and the Futures Systems Office to harness technology for predictive maintenance.

Last year, SMRT turned its focus to the other building infrastructure which were also aging. One division has been set up to ensure better integration and supervision in areas ranging from platform screen doors, lifts to fire protection. Last month, SMRT decided that the replacement of aging infrastructure was to proceed as soon as possible.
===========================
Perhaps they should really bring in 3rd party experts i.e. Germans to perform the failure analysis and preventive measures
stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2017, 11:29 PM   #64
loveikan
Arofanatic

No need la.
Just visit and learn from the HK system will be suffice though they got a hiccup this year.....the first after a looooooonnnnnng period.
Old 16-10-2017, 11:37 PM   #65
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhtan View Post
Every goddamn shit dynasty ended the same way ..... lol
doesn't matter whether it is Europe, China, Korea, Japan, Malacca ..... anywhere
The end is NEAR?

I get to live and see the end of some shit dynasty?
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2017, 11:57 PM   #66
loveikan
Arofanatic

There are some dirts that can be dug out and whether true or not, am pretty sure that the Opps can easily get them.
But having said so if they got these dirts somehow would chose not to confront anyone regarding it.
This is something that I cannot apprehend.
Old 17-10-2017, 12:10 AM   #67
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveikan View Post
There are some dirts that can be dug out and whether true or not, am pretty sure that the Opps can easily get them.
But having said so if they got these dirts somehow would chose not to confront anyone regarding it.
This is something that I cannot apprehend.
83 GPMG facing 6 pistols.... how to confront?

If we look at how politics are conducted till date, there's simply no chance for Opp to confront the other side. It's just heavy looped. For the same mistakes, the way the 83 conduct themselves are a mockery!

Take very prominent and simple example of YSL, MP, DO.... all tao jiak.... but.... butt of a joke!!!
Old 17-10-2017, 12:11 AM   #68
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcookie View Post
The end is NEAR?

I get to live and see the end of some shit dynasty?
aiya .... as long as is Dynasty, it will Die Nasty
jwhtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2017, 12:12 AM   #69
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
aiya .... As long as is dynasty, it will die nasty
super like!
Old 17-10-2017, 12:38 AM   #70
Kohaku
Dragon

Quote:
Yup ....... so hv standards drop ?
For all our misgivings abt his political ruthlessness, you hv to say he is operationally highly efficient

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
LKY standard is damn hard to please. Speaking from my experience, he expects a traffic light fault to be clear in 30mins if he discovered it wasn't working as planned on his way to and fro from Oxley to Istana. Lta need to report back to his personnel security why the fault occurs and if it was rectified. And his phone line always got singtel staff on standby 24/7 from what i heard. U have not seen how panicky lta staff was when they heard the complain was from "LKY" guards.

After him, much have slacken as i dun see civil servants as on as before. You must always on ur toes to spot problems b4 it happens. And this is why MRT line floods as they see it not as urgent as other works till it happens. Hope they learn from this mistake and those b4 and not take things for granted.
Kohaku is offline   Reply With Quote