Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 11-12-2004, 08:20 AM   #11
astro

looks like from aircon type.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:37 AM   #12
plantmania

It cost around 40 to 100 dollars though.... It was showcased in last year aquarama(Tornado or Cyclone something... can't remember). A similiar product is also more readily available in computer parts. It's CoolerMaster cross flow fan (meant for attaching to the coolermaster stacker casing) and you can get it in sim lim square. A bit of DIY modification is needed to clip it onto your fish tank and supply the power to the fan...

Yeah, the design is based on the aircon internal fan.
Old 11-12-2004, 11:54 AM   #13
marle

steady man.. nxt yr aquarama i sure go.. that time i went the tropica booth blew me away~
Old 11-12-2004, 02:33 PM   #14
liuhao

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantmania
It cost around 40 to 100 dollars though.... It was showcased in last year aquarama(Tornado or Cyclone something... can't remember). A similiar product is also more readily available in computer parts. It's CoolerMaster cross flow fan (meant for attaching to the coolermaster stacker casing) and you can get it in sim lim square. A bit of DIY modification is needed to clip it onto your fish tank and supply the power to the fan...

Yeah, the design is based on the aircon internal fan.

yes got it. here is the review of coolmaster fan from hwz.

12V powersupply get be easily got from SLT. the current is only 0.24A? means less than 3W. a 10W 12V AC/DC wont cost too much i am sure. connect the adaptor to fan should be easy.

ok the only thing left is the length is 30cm. perfect for 1 foot tank but my 2 feet tank is 60cm. one solution is to use two cross flow fan to reach 60cm. the two fans is just 6W therefore can make use of same one power adaptor.
another solution is using one fan but build a stand. this part is challenging but definitely not too difficult for a mechanical engineer. ;-)

anyone can help build the stand? or glue two fan together to reach 60cm? maybe can come up with a design and prototype. i am sure people are interested. anyone want to take the challenge? hehe...

the cost of the fan is 40? power adaptor 10? and maybe workmanship for another 10 dollars? but personally i think it worths the money. the blow power would be incrediable and can be adjustable. together with very neat looking. hmm...
Old 11-12-2004, 03:17 PM   #15
chquan7

so it still requires diy? its not a commercial aqua fan.. damn.
Old 11-12-2004, 03:23 PM   #16
liuhao

Quote:
Originally Posted by chquan7
so it still requires diy? its not a commercial aqua fan.. damn.
no, i mean if we build a fan based on coolmaster cross flow computer fan, diy is needed.

commercial aquarium cross flow fan is available in taiwan, but seems not locally. actually my initial question was whether it's available locally or not...
Old 11-12-2004, 04:49 PM   #17
KeIgO86

all that effort... all that money... and it achieves the same cooling effect as the good old pc fans. Worth it meh? or am i wrong, is the cooling effect better?
Old 11-12-2004, 05:28 PM   #18
plantmania

Nope not worth it . Waste of money and waste of time, of cos it look cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeIgO86
all that effort... all that money... and it achieves the same cooling effect as the good old pc fans. Worth it meh? or am i wrong, is the cooling effect better?
Old 11-12-2004, 05:49 PM   #19
knightx

waa...really borr...
ns wor...
spore got?
Old 11-12-2004, 05:57 PM   #20
ah^siao

i think it's coming in pretty soon.. will keepu guys updated