Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Aquatic Showcase & Photography

Old 27-01-2006, 01:14 PM   #11
eric-huang12

Quote:
Originally Posted by moscowblue
i thought last time you said the bird shit makes them grow larger
Old 27-01-2006, 01:40 PM   #12
Radiance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick77
You still hoping for pics???

I can show you lar. ZT high dorsal full red wild colour.

PS: This is not my pics and not my fish.

Wah.... This is real nice!! Never seen such a nice guppy in our local LFS ever.... WHere did u guys get it from?
Old 27-01-2006, 01:51 PM   #13
Derrick77
Dragon

Dun Worry ... I will. I hope it is pretty soon ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric-huang12
I did not say Kuo's fishes la ^^

However, please just ask Kuo about how to maintain any kind of full red while you visit his basement next time ^__^
Derrick77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2006, 01:53 PM   #14
Derrick77
Dragon

LFS? You will never find them. These are from breeders themselves and they dun come cheap.

People like Dr Yeo, Chiu and myself have a good collection of some of their fishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiance
Wah.... This is real nice!! Never seen such a nice guppy in our local LFS ever.... WHere did u guys get it from?
Old 27-01-2006, 03:35 PM   #15
Radiance

Quote:
LFS? You will never find them. These are from breeders themselves and they dun come cheap.

People like Dr Yeo, Chiu and myself have a good collection of some of their fishes.

Very nice lor... very tempting...
Old 27-01-2006, 03:54 PM   #16
moscowblue
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Very nice lor... very tempting...
you see real fish liao, lagi jialat
moscowblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2006, 04:53 PM   #17
Derrick77
Dragon

When you are in Taiwan, there are too many good fishes and I bet you that less than 5 hobbyists in Singaore will bear to spend the kind of money for a pair. That is even so for me. I really had a hard time deciding what to get cos all of them are at least above $100 (those which met my expectation) or more.

As far as I can observe in general, only a handful of hobbyists in Singapore are to pay for good fishes. There are people who want my fishes in the gallery and pm me and I reply them $30 a pair only, the pm died. That's why I rather feed them to my culling machine! The fish original parents cost $280/pair!!! And my fish are proven stable with the batch. In buying fishing from overseas, you do not even have a slightest idea if they are stable or matching. The risk of them dying when they got back and not even dropping … I am sure Fankai had experienced it recently.

I am just curious, how many people bought Dr Yeo's full gold? It is way below the market rate and above the average fancy guppy standard. i consider it a steal and a fund raising for the club.

Frankly speaking, if Alex or someone like Alex was still in the guppy hobby, I will not do any importing coz all the risk was sheltered by him. All I need to get is the F1 or F2 where I even guaranteed the stability of the strains. Best of all, you pay less than a fraction of the price and you get a solid strain locally!

How to support the local guppy hobby and maintain good strains locally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moscowblue
you see real fish liao, lagi jialat
Old 27-01-2006, 05:51 PM   #18
Radiance

Quote:
When you are in Taiwan, there are too many good fishes and I bet you that less than 5 hobbyists in Singaore will bear to spend the kind of money for a pair. That is even so for me. I really had a hard time deciding what to get cos all of them are at least above $100 (those which met my expectation) or more.

As far as I can observe in general, only a handful of hobbyists in Singapore are to pay for good fishes. There are people who want my fishes in the gallery and pm me and I reply them $30 a pair only, the pm died. That's why I rather feed them to my culling machine! The fish original parents cost $280/pair!!! And my fish are proven stable with the batch. In buying fishing from overseas, you do not even have a slightest idea if they are stable or matching. The risk of them dying when they got back and not even dropping … I am sure Fankai had experienced it recently.

I am just curious, how many people bought Dr Yeo's full gold? It is way below the market rate and above the average fancy guppy standard. i consider it a steal and a fund raising for the club.

Frankly speaking, if Alex or someone like Alex was still in the guppy hobby, I will not do any importing coz all the risk was sheltered by him. All I need to get is the F1 or F2 where I even guaranteed the stability of the strains. Best of all, you pay less than a fraction of the price and you get a solid strain locally!

How to support the local guppy hobby and maintain good strains locally?

Interesting note here... So all your fish are from Taiwan? Real nice....
Old 27-01-2006, 05:59 PM   #19
Derrick77
Dragon

Not all from Taiwan but can say a big part of my fishes are from Taiwan. Other regions also have.
Quote:
Interesting note here... So all your fish are from Taiwan? Real nice....
Old 27-01-2006, 07:01 PM   #20
SBenchmark

The wild red's are not created by ZT, they are imported and further improved to remove the black color to display darker red, basically a tool fish.