Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Aquatic Showcase & Photography

Old 06-02-2006, 01:08 PM   #1
tscvc

Default Thanks For Having This Forum...

Hey Aro fans,
I'll like to take this opportunity to wish all forummers a Happy and Prosperous New Year... I'm very glad to be able to chance upon this forum and I have to admit, I've learnt a lot from the brothers (and sisters??) here in the forum. From simple water parameters to complex understanding of the fishes, I've read much and absorbed much...

I've also learn from you guys how to look at fishes and also not to be conned by some retailers out there... For info, I was at a LFS at Upper Serangoon and this Uncle keep pushing me to buy one of his RTG at $438 while the whole selection of RTGs that he have are tagged at $488... He keep telling me it is good buy coz someone paid $50 deposit and never collect the fish, upon close observation, i noticed that the fish had lost about close to 10 scales and slowly recovering... thanks to you guys here, I know how to differentiate a a good buy and a good bye...

As I've been leeching from this site for a while, let this be my first time I showcase my little baby... I got it from a friend so I don't know what kind of aro it belongs to... I got it at 2 inches in Aug 05 and it is now a whopping 10 inches... Attached are the pics... As I've grown more and more confident in Aro keeping, I'll be looking into getting a SR or XB sometime this year... I'll be asking you guys for suggestions then, till then, may all bros (and sis) 'HUAT AR'!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Aro 1.jpg (37.9 KB, 543 views)
File Type: jpg Aro 2.jpg (27.6 KB, 540 views)
File Type: jpg Aro 3.jpg (24.4 KB, 549 views)
File Type: jpg Aro 4.jpg (27.3 KB, 547 views)
File Type: jpg Aro 5.jpg (20.1 KB, 539 views)
Old 06-02-2006, 01:15 PM   #2
Petshopboys
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tscvc
Hey Aro fans,
I'll like to take this opportunity to wish all forummers a Happy and Prosperous New Year... I'm very glad to be able to chance upon this forum and I have to admit, I've learnt a lot from the brothers (and sisters??) here in the forum. From simple water parameters to complex understanding of the fishes, I've read much and absorbed much...

I've also learn from you guys how to look at fishes and also not to be conned by some retailers out there... For info, I was at a LFS at Upper Serangoon and this Uncle keep pushing me to buy one of his RTG at $438 while the whole selection of RTGs that he have are tagged at $488... He keep telling me it is good buy coz someone paid $50 deposit and never collect the fish, upon close observation, i noticed that the fish had lost about close to 10 scales and slowly recovering... thanks to you guys here, I know how to differentiate a a good buy and a good bye...

As I've been leeching from this site for a while, let this be my first time I showcase my little baby... I got it from a friend so I don't know what kind of aro it belongs to... I got it at 2 inches in Aug 05 and it is now a whopping 10 inches... Attached are the pics... As I've grown more and more confident in Aro keeping, I'll be looking into getting a SR or XB sometime this year... I'll be asking you guys for suggestions then, till then, may all bros (and sis) 'HUAT AR'!!!!!!
Welcome...how much u paid for this 1.5? (if I' not wrong)
Petshopboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 01:16 PM   #3
kkchee

Hi welcome on board. My apology as I am not good enough to tell what aro you have, let the other bros advise you.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:56 PM   #4
tscvc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petshopboys
Welcome...how much u paid for this 1.5? (if I' not wrong)
Hey bro,
this fish is a gift from my friend... I think he wants to get me hooked into aro keeping... And I'm sure he done it...
Old 06-02-2006, 02:58 PM   #5
Petshopboys
Senior Dragon

Talking

Quote:
Hey bro,
this fish is a gift from my friend... I think he wants to get me hooked into aro keeping... And I'm sure he done it...
WAH......ur friend is evil...........cos this hobby is addictive....
Petshopboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 03:02 PM   #6
tscvc

Quote:
Yup yup, not only is it addictive, it is also costly (next fish)... not counting the effort too... But it's nice to see him grow into the beauty that he is now... I shall show you guys the pic when i first got him...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01 (Aug).jpg (26.7 KB, 499 views)
Old 06-02-2006, 03:23 PM   #7
hsfran
Arofanatic

Welcome to AF. I'm just like you, read and learn than buy fish.
hsfran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 03:37 PM   #8
cucumber
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Hey Aro fans,

RTG.... maybe.... I think....
cucumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 12:04 AM   #9
aawcy
Senior Dragon

Quote:

AGREE WITH YOU! THIS HOBBY IS ADDICTIVE! NO DOUBT!! JUST CAN"T RESIST IT!
aawcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 12:24 AM   #10
yonlada

On behalfs of all bros and sis, welcome to AF. Welcome to an interesting hobby. Think that is a greenie if not wrong. Cheerssssss