Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 07-04-2011, 02:42 PM   #41
FireSpitter
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymmij View Post
it is a mis-perception (intentional or unintentional) that the government is going to track down and find out who you vote...

sure they can do that, but for what? unless they get court order (easily, if they want), there is practically no way for the government to know who vote for who.

the voting process is pretty transparent and votes are kept secret (really secret) until there is a need to track and trace (never happened so far).

based on the registration number compiled, government maybe able to know, this estate, this block how many vote for who (reason for redraw of electoral boundaries) but unless suspect of fraud or so, government will not go and match, trace who vote who....

your vote if really secret,,.... vote will your heart and sound mind....
There is only one way they will find out who you voted for...... if that particular ward has 100% votes to only one person.
FireSpitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:45 PM   #42
holysinner
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huaikong View Post
do we need passport in future to enter opposition wards??
ERP!! wahahaha
go in Kaching!!
come out okay..
holysinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:46 PM   #43
darrytan
Arofanatic

Default What is your vote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmundo View Post
Bro, sorry if i offence others here who are younger generation, i am not saying they no balls so choose PAP, but the fact is people can complain, but the moment they submit their IC in exchange for the voting slip, they mind change and cross either vooid or ruling party. They know or believe their vote is can be tracked down and singled out. this is the fact we cant change. IN principle rruling party may lose the support, but iz our actions that make the fact.

I have 1 cousin and 1 niece in Stat board after they graduate and sis in law in stat board. All Uni grad...... If one can study with certification, i aso urge them to go Stat board, cos better prospect in advancement.
Edmund, you are right about the "secrecy of votes". When voters register their IC for voting, they are given the paper with a serial number which is tracked down to their IC number. I heard from my friends that those who voted for PAP will receive a "Thank You Letter" after the election, while those voted for OPP will receive nothing. (Not sure how true, cos i never received anything from PAP ... Oops ..... did i accidentally say out who I voted for?) BTW, I stay in HOUGANG and I am PROUD of it

In fact, if we want to do a test, we can conduct 2 different polls for 1 day, just like the election. One poll will be confidential in which you cannot see who voting for OPP or PAP or void vote. The other poll will be open for all to see who is voting for OPP, PAP or void vote. (which is somewhat similar to our current voting system). I believe the first poll that is confidential will be much preferred and generate more truthful votes.

Finally, a recommendation for those who go for void vote in the coming election. Please cross out both OPP and PAP, if you want to void your vote. Else if the votes are not enough, some people will help you to vote without your knowledge.
darrytan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:46 PM   #44
holysinner
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGN10 View Post
Want to know where all these will lead one day?

Here's another quote to munch on after lunch:

"If I have to shoot 200,000 students to save China from another 100 years of disorder, so be it." - Lee Kuan Yew endorsing the Tiananmen massacre, Straits Times, 17 August 2004

Something we might see in our life-time.

shoot down 200, 000 of those who Voted Opp?
Freaking hell.. he can talk at his will..stand corrected..deleted..whatever..who sue him.
holysinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:47 PM   #45
ymmij
Senior Dragon

On MEDIA BIAS

“I pointed to an article with bold headlines reporting that the police had refused to allow the PAP to hold a rally at Empress Place, and then to the last paragraph where in small type it added the meeting would take place where we were now. I compared this with a prominent report about an SPA rally. This was flagrant bias.”
- Lee Kuan Yew commenting on the Straits Times, 1959.
ymmij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:00 PM   #46
TGN10

Quote:
Originally Posted by holysinner View Post
shoot down 200, 000 of those who Voted Opp?
Freaking hell.. he can talk at his will..stand corrected..deleted..whatever..who sue him.
That will refer to everyone, regardless of who you voted for, regardless of who will be voted in. Afterall, these nations sure have practiced killing own people due to protests and whatever agenda their leaders have: Tunisia, Libya, Uganda, Cambodia, China (>60million killed), just to name a few in the last century. These outcomes must never be assumed to be exclusive to 3rd world nations.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:07 PM   #47
LoNgFei

Quote:
Originally Posted by avex30 View Post
HAHA this is not the 1st time the wrong words come out of his mouth........ Regardless i still find his father more careful and more sincere with his words and sentences. His son if could have follow his daddy and use and choose words to use carefully he would have won alot of Y generation heart.
Both Lees often speak with the wrong choice of words and too stubborn to admit their mistake.

They really rule with iron fist and do what they deem right..
Old 07-04-2011, 03:08 PM   #48
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrytan View Post
Edmund, you are right about the "secrecy of votes". When voters register their IC for voting, they are given the paper with a serial number which is tracked down to their IC number. I heard from my friends that those who voted for PAP will receive a "Thank You Letter" after the election, while those voted for OPP will receive nothing. (Not sure how true, cos i never received anything from PAP ... Oops ..... did i accidentally say out who I voted for?)

Finally, a recommendation for those who go for void vote in the coming election. Please cross out both OPP and PAP, if you want to void your vote. Else if the votes are not enough, some people will help you to vote without your knowledge.
Rubbish ....................

It is precisely because of people like u who spread these rumours that makes others afraid to vote for whoever they wish to .......
jwhtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:10 PM   #49
smellyfish
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrytan View Post
Edmund, you are right about the "secrecy of votes". When voters register their IC for voting, they are given the paper with a serial number which is tracked down to their IC number. I heard from my friends that those who voted for PAP will receive a "Thank You Letter" after the election, while those voted for OPP will receive nothing. (Not sure how true, cos i never received anything from PAP ... Oops ..... did i accidentally say out who I voted for?) BTW, I stay in HOUGANG and I am PROUD of it

In fact, if we want to do a test, we can conduct 2 different polls for 1 day, just like the election. One poll will be confidential in which you cannot see who voting for OPP or PAP or void vote. The other poll will be open for all to see who is voting for OPP, PAP or void vote. (which is somewhat similar to our current voting system). I believe the first poll that is confidential will be much preferred and generate more truthful votes.

Utter, complete, fantastic rubbish. At the last election, I act blur ask the officer where to cross if I want to vote opposition.

I am still around.
smellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:13 PM   #50
Edmundo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymmij View Post
it is a mis-perception (intentional or unintentional) that the government is going to track down and find out who you vote...

sure they can do that, but for what? unless they get court order (easily, if they want), there is practically no way for the government to know who vote for who.

the voting process is pretty transparent and votes are kept secret (really secret) until there is a need to track and trace (never happened so far).

based on the registration number compiled, government maybe able to know, this estate, this block how many vote for who (reason for redraw of electoral boundaries) but unless suspect of fraud or so, government will not go and match, trace who vote who....

your vote if really secret,,.... vote will your heart and sound mind....
on high level, they can study and analyst the demographical distribution of vote cast and react accordingly. What sex, age and income level, cast what vote, they do best in these.

For your necessary Info

Post Buy/Sell, Title Your Thread, No Chit Chat in Thread
Edmundo is offline   Reply With Quote