Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Marketplace- Livestock & Plants only

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 01:42 PM   #21
Desmond27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liang_Zai View Post
just to verify Bro Desmond27 indeed sms tell mi there is a collection on sat but the person refuse to put deposit so he let go the fish to me as wad i stated in the pm to Mod Spakase but sms to my hp i deleted already as i dont store msg.
thks for your clarification

Old 02-07-2010, 01:45 PM   #22
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmond27 View Post
yes bro ... when you ask for deposit and I said no need la do you feel that the deal is secure ? ... I did informed Spakase of the cancelled deal on the night itself ...

it is because he denied refusing to give me deposit and telling everone here I'm a liar that's why I over reacted ...
It is now obvious tat you have agreed to let Spakase have the aro. But that u hv sold it earlier because u wanted to close the deal earlier.

1. U did not sell it to a higher bidder. So all that talk abt selling it higher is not true.

2. U hold it tentatively for Spakase to collect on Saturday in case u cannot sell the aro earlier.

I know u r protecting ur own interest. But then, shouldn't u hv told Spakase that someone is able to collect it earlier since u have agreed to hold it for him to collect on Saturday ? He can decide if he can collect it earlier than Saturday, at ur preferred time ? Rather than selling it off first and then informing him later ?

I got to go now but I'll be back later in the evening to look into this again and then decide. I'll be glad to hear other members' views on this.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:47 PM   #23
Liang_Zai
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmond27 View Post
thks for your clarification
Bro i pm Mod spakase to verify on his part of coz i gt to verify on your part as i am the final buyer.Your 2 fish is bought by me although diff day first fish you told me available 12midnight you waited for me to come.2nd fish you msg mi tell mi got ppl reserve but cant pay deposit thus if i can make it on time be4 6pm you wait for mi as you working nightshift till monday.You told me beforehand so i can verify on that.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:56 PM   #24
Desmond27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhtan View Post
It is now obvious tat you have agreed to let Spakase have the aro. But that u hv sold it earlier because u wanted to close the deal earlier.

1. U did not sell it to a higher bidder. So all that talk abt selling it higher is not true.

2. U hold it tentatively for Spakase to collect on Saturday in case u cannot sell the aro earlier.

I know u r protecting ur own interest. But then, shouldn't u hv told Spakase that someone is able to collect it earlier since u have agreed to hold it for him to collect on Saturday so that he can decide if he can collect it earlier than Saturday, at ur preferred time ? Rather than selling it off first and then informing him later ?
in the not recorded phone converstion we did discuss about the available collection timing but he could only make it on Saturday morning ... ok in future I will be more careful in doing buy/sell in this forum ... I will make sure buyer PM me every single detail they said ... thks for your understnading ...

Old 02-07-2010, 01:58 PM   #25
Desmond27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liang_Zai View Post
Bro i pm Mod spakase to verify on his part of coz i gt to verify on your part as i am the final buyer.Your 2 fish is bought by me although diff day first fish you told me available 12midnight you waited for me to come.2nd fish you msg mi tell mi got ppl reserve but cant pay deposit thus if i can make it on time be4 6pm you wait for mi as you working nightshift till monday.You told me beforehand so i can verify on that.
not can't pay deposit ... is he refuse to put up a deposit ... anyway appreciated ... thks alot ...

Old 02-07-2010, 02:08 PM   #26
atwork
Dragon

From my point of view, seller wans to secure his deal by collecting a deposit to like safe guard himself or...??
Buyer as a senior Mod, refuse to place a deposit maybe its just the way of his way of buying stuff (COD)

But end of the day, we all are all hobbyist of the same interest and y not let this matter rest and move on...

Confronting one another might add on more fire to it...

Also let the new buyer (Liang_Zai) have a piece of mind keeping his new buy.

And maybe there will be a better piece waiting for Spakase ahead

Cool down all bros.

Cheers and have a great weekend ahead
Old 02-07-2010, 03:49 PM   #27
pisces134

Always headache in this type of situation. Best is if you like the fish, see and collect soonest possible. I also headache if pp want fish or stock then want to collect only on certain day/timing, then comes another buyer who can collect immediately. Then, out of obligation, you tell the buyer reserved liaow, then comes the day, when you call the potential buyer, he said dun want liaow...also headache like tat, best is no reserve, FCFS unless got deposit lor, if refuse deposit, then tell him if got potential buyer fish will be sold to potential buyer lor....

Old 02-07-2010, 03:58 PM   #28
radiolite22

Bro Desmond, My point of view on this issue is that maybe out of courtesy, you should have infd Mod Spakese that someone else (In this case bro Liang Zai) is able to collect the fish earlier, and get his response 1st before letting go the fish to another bro...

Example - Scenario A:

A simple sms to him: Hey bro, got another bro able to make it to collect the fish earlier today...can you collect earlier today? If not I'll let the other bro take it liao... Pls get back to me before XXXXhrs.

Reply: It's ok, I cannot make it today... you go ahead and sell to another bro.

Like that then no issue liao wat.....

The thing is verbally, you've agreed to allow him to collect the fish on Saturday. Although not in black and white, it is still considered a contract agreed upon. If he had refused to place a deposit, you can jollly well don't agreed to sell the fish to him. Why promise then let go to another bro?

Juz my point of view here.... dun zap me hor...

Old 02-07-2010, 04:03 PM   #29
cire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spakase View Post
This is the sequence of events.
I called you after you put up the ad and confirm with you that you will sell the Red to me at $1k and I will bag the fish on Sat. This is because you said you are working in the evening on Thursday. There was no mention of deposit at all. I then sent a PM to you as below:

those bro who buy/sell in the forum shld know there are more worse things we encountered than the issue now and most of us just move on if no dishonesty is involved such as pay deposit liao then buyer MIA etc

if the deposit thing not taken into issue since both parties had their own say, and as the pm showed, the seller agreed to sell the fish to mod but ended up fly airplane...
if branding the seller dishonest, maybe the word too harsh, just 'not steady' nia

OT abit, some buy/sell experiences from me
if find or get a good deal try to collect ASAP incase 夜长梦多 and since deposit is not make, the seller can still sell or say watever he wants
if can't collect immediately, buyer shld insist to put a deposit even seller say "no need" since it is the best protection of both parties interest

sorry for my long nagging... juz my honest opinion
cheers and relax

Last edited by cire; 02-07-2010 at 04:05 PM. Reason: insist is the word

Old 02-07-2010, 04:08 PM   #30
CrazyFish

AFC Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolite22 View Post
The thing is verbally, you've agreed to allow him to collect the fish on Saturday. Although not in black and white, it is still considered a contract agreed upon.
Fully agree with this statement . Verbal agreement is still an agreement . But again , it depends on how an individual value his integrity . And sad to say , greed tends to drown integrity & trust in some when it comes to $$$ concerned .

If seller chooses to deal with an earlier offer , shd have informed Spakase abt it before the deal took place , and not after the deal .
Closed Thread