Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-09-2017, 02:22 PM   #51
loveikan
Arofanatic
 
loveikan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ong88 View Post
Very sad to downgrade Joo Chiat Ah Kong Den to #2 and North Bridge Heap Seng Leong to #3.

New #1 for me.
Past few months went to eat three times but found they always closed.




Last time here was twenty plus years ago, sit at five foot way, noisy place full house with taxi uncles. Don't recall anything special, just convenient on way to SGH. Hated the heat and crowded kopitiam then.




But actually shifted opposite.
Today found it
Cool AC, almost empty.



Looks normal and not appetizing



But one bite.
Wow
Wow
Wow



Best songzsssss at Chinatown red light street.
Tong ah, must tong.
Cannot anyhow spray.




Saliva I mean.
This Tong Ah is diagonally opp the coffee shop with the famous roast chicken or roast meat?
loveikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2017, 02:43 PM   #52
Ong88

Prof SK Ong
 
Ong88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,633
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveikan View Post
This Tong Ah is diagonally opp the coffee shop with the famous roast chicken or roast meat?
Roast meats, Foong Kee or Kok Sen you mean?


My #1 bread toast for now

Tong Ah Eating House
35 Keong Saik Rd, Singapore 089142
6223 5083

https://goo.gl/maps/3oADMSqQa5r
__________________



Just because it's a bad idea doesn't mean it won't be a good time.
Use imgur for your photos sharing
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.imgur.mobile
Ong88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2017, 02:51 PM   #53
loveikan
Arofanatic
 
loveikan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 384
Default

Yes. It is Foong Kee.
Did not eat over there for almost 2 years.
loveikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2017, 02:57 PM   #54
Ronald
Dragon
 
Ronald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 940
Default

Still red light meh??? All retired liao
Now you confused me...this weekend Joo Chiat, North Bridge or Chinatown??? All almost same distance from my place

But I remember this once upon a time KS St corner kopitiam served one of the most fragrant coffee and tea. Used to frequent there a lot when younger. LOL
Ronald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2017, 03:07 PM   #55
loveikan
Arofanatic
 
loveikan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 384
Default

Talking abt coffee, only those old timers in their late 60s to late 70s can make a cup of good coffee.
Got money also hard to get them over as many of them are either very loyal or refused to work in a new place as age ia catching up with them.
loveikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2017, 03:10 PM   #56
Ong88

Prof SK Ong
 
Ong88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,633
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald View Post
Still red light meh??? All retired liao
Now you confused me...this weekend Joo Chiat, North Bridge or Chinatown??? All almost same distance from my place

But I remember this once upon a time KS St corner kopitiam served one of the most fragrant coffee and tea. Used to frequent there a lot when younger. LOL
If me :

Breakfast at North Bridge. Full set

Lunch dessert at Joo Chiat, only toast

Dinner dessert at Keong Saik, only toast
__________________



Just because it's a bad idea doesn't mean it won't be a good time.
Use imgur for your photos sharing
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.imgur.mobile
Ong88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2017, 03:12 PM   #57
Ong88

Prof SK Ong
 
Ong88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,633
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveikan View Post
Talking abt coffee, only those old timers in their late 60s to late 70s can make a cup of good coffee.
Got money also hard to get them over as many of them are either very loyal or refused to work in a new place as age ia catching up with them.
Believe it or not, young chap here does it very well.
Kopi damn old style.
The chain kopitiam where old Shanghai porridge was originally.

Kim San Leng Coffeeshop
116 Bukit Merah View

https://goo.gl/maps/fERduL9TTx42
__________________



Just because it's a bad idea doesn't mean it won't be a good time.
Use imgur for your photos sharing
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.imgur.mobile
Ong88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2017, 03:28 PM   #58
loveikan
Arofanatic
 
loveikan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ong88 View Post
Believe it or not, young chap here does it very well.
Kopi damn old style.
The chain kopitiam where old Shanghai porridge was originally.

Kim San Leng Coffeeshop
116 Bukit Merah View

https://goo.gl/maps/fERduL9TTx42
Really?
Previously I work nearby there but did not notice it at all..
One of the rare ones.
Thanks.
loveikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2017, 05:57 PM   #59
Ong88

Prof SK Ong
 
Ong88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,633
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveikan View Post
Really?
Previously I work nearby there but did not notice it at all..
One of the rare ones.
Thanks.
Nerdy looking chap with glasses looking like early twenties.
Juhukia.

The loti maker and cashier is a cmm.
__________________



Just because it's a bad idea doesn't mean it won't be a good time.
Use imgur for your photos sharing
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.imgur.mobile
Ong88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2017, 10:14 PM   #60
Ong88

Prof SK Ong
 
Ong88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,633
Default

Buey loon.
Cheong keong saik kai again.
Go back alley, armm bee bee stealth.
Find red signage.





Songzsssss.



Spray a lot.

__________________



Just because it's a bad idea doesn't mean it won't be a good time.
Use imgur for your photos sharing
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.imgur.mobile
Ong88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 02:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2000-2008 Arofanatics.com (Since 30th August 2000)