Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Old 02-04-2011, 11:54 AM   #431
anse|m
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan power View Post
Thanks bro,

Actually pushing my tank limits with this fellow

Share it's cute face

Bro, very very nice catch. I love the face especially. Very well-fed too. From a hobbyist?
anse|m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:17 PM   #432
sixthbrand
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by desmondpeh View Post
Yes. I do encounter my ornates / endies fighting before. Best to seperate them or introduce more bichirs if you do have bichir fighting problem.

Senegals are not territorial. In fact, I dont think bichirs are territorial type of fishes base on my personnel experiences.

Ok.. I understand they aren't territorial species... As I can see everyone comm tons of them tgt... But just dun understand why mine are fighting.. Torn fins isn't the first thing you wana see when u wake up in the morning... My tank alr has many hiding spots yet still can fight.. Sigh so bro desmond I only have 2 senegals in my tank now.. Along with CLs and a rtc (I'm gona return him next week).. U think the option is to intro more bichirs into the tank? In fact I have 3 albinos.. But still too small to intro. 2 fighting alr.. Intro 3small in inside isn't a good idea right now.. gona fatten them up first..
sixthbrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:24 PM   #433
desmondpeh
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthbrand View Post
Ok.. I understand they aren't territorial species... As I can see everyone comm tons of them tgt... But just dun understand why mine are fighting.. Torn fins isn't the first thing you wana see when u wake up in the morning... My tank alr has many hiding spots yet still can fight.. Sigh so bro desmond I only have 2 senegals in my tank now.. Along with CLs and a rtc (I'm gona return him next week).. U think the option is to intro more bichirs into the tank? In fact I have 3 albinos.. But still too small to intro. 2 fighting alr.. Intro 3small in inside isn't a good idea right now.. gona fatten them up first..
Its more of a case by case basis bro.. I have 2 ornates that keep fighting no matter what other bichirs or fishes I intro into my tank. So I have no choice but to seperate them. By the way, whats the size diff btw your big senegals and smaller ones? I am keeping 3" with 7" upper jaw bichirs (ie. senegals, dels, palmas, retros, mokes) together now with no issue as they arent as aggressive as those lower jaw bichirs (like laps, endies, congis).
desmondpeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:54 PM   #434
sixthbrand
Dragon

Quote:
Its more of a case by case basis bro.. I have 2 ornates that keep fighting no matter what other bichirs or fishes I intro into my tank. So I have no choice but to seperate them. By the way, whats the size diff btw your big senegals and smaller ones? I am keeping 3" with 7" upper jaw bichirs (ie. senegals, dels, palmas, retros, mokes) together now with no issue as they arent as aggressive as those lower jaw bichirs (like laps, endies, congis).
Ok.. I'll try to fatten up my new albinos asap to intro to comm tank and meanwhile hope that the 2 don't kill each other first.. Yup mine's like urs too.. 3 3" and 2 6-7"... Now don dare intro with so much agression in the tank.. They're so tiny... All of them are senegals btw
Old 02-04-2011, 02:32 PM   #435
jawatengah
Arofanatic

so far thank goodness i nvr had any problems..my tank has bits of plants and rocks so that they can relax and hide somewhere
all the best
jawatengah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:52 PM   #436
sixthbrand
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawatengah View Post
so far thank goodness i nvr had any problems..my tank has bits of plants and rocks so that they can relax and hide somewhere
all the best
Good to hear at least someone's comm is doing well. Hope mine stabalises.. That this is only the "starting intro say hi to the new guy" phase... Tho its like the older bichir kena wallop by the new guy.. Thanks anw
Old 02-04-2011, 04:48 PM   #437
desmondpeh
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthbrand View Post
Good to hear at least someone's comm is doing well. Hope mine stabalises.. That this is only the "starting intro say hi to the new guy" phase... Tho its like the older bichir kena wallop by the new guy.. Thanks anw
Haha.. so its the new senegal's fault. Sometime suay suay u will encounter a "Rogue" bichir which goes around finding trouble. Imprison that bugger and you will have peace in the tank.
desmondpeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:21 PM   #438
sixthbrand
Dragon

Quote:
Haha.. so its the new senegal's fault. Sometime suay suay u will encounter a "Rogue" bichir which goes around finding trouble. Imprison that bugger and you will have peace in the tank.
Haha ya.. Mayb? But bro.. Permanent imprisonment or temporary one? If temporary how long?
Keep until the rest grew bigger than the rogue one? How does that sound
Old 02-04-2011, 06:06 PM   #439
bichir_lover

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingerling View Post
Those are palmas pollis bro. And thats a really cute platy birchir you have there bro titan
Bros, anyone has been to C328 recently. There is a tank of bichirs in the upper tank at the back of the shop. But Auntie does not know what bichir is that but cost $38. The stripes are quite fade but look abit like angoli. Anyone knows the Id? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmike View Post
Those very different from ansorgii. Those are retropinnis.
Hi Bro Itsafish,

I have posted the same question pertaining to the id of the those batch of bichirs in C328. Bro Schmike said they are retropinnis.

So are they retropinnis or palmas pollis? what is the difference? The head looks flat like retropinnis. Am i right?
Old 02-04-2011, 06:12 PM   #440
bichir_lover

Super sad day... My short body albino was dead when i came home yesterday. it swam into the pipe of my sump tank. got trapped inside. I wonder if i had killed it when i turned the valve in the attempt to check if it was trapped inside. or it has pass on before that.