Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Equipment/DIY discussion

Old 20-05-2004, 10:42 PM   #21
devilfire

[QUOTE=Navyblue]For the sump size, get one that is as big as you can fit, and then you can have the luxury of keeping extra fishes.

i'm curious.. wat u mean??
Old 20-05-2004, 11:22 PM   #22
Jeffrey74

Cool

bonjour2, first of all. You intend to place ur sump in the cabinet or you are using wrought iron 2 tier stand? I dun know anything about calculations but I can tell you what I did to my system before.

Try to custom made your sump tank big enough to go in your cabinet if you are having a cabinet. I had my sump tank made at 2.5ftx1ftx1ft to nicely fit into my cabinet.

I had my main tank 3ftx1.5ftx1.5ft drilled 1 25mm as overflow & 1 20mm as return with a glass compartment. No problem encountered. (Without a glass compartment is rather dangerous. Live stock might get suck in or the overflow pvc hole got stuck?)

Like all bros said. There's no too big or too small for the sump tank. I believe it's up to you what you gonna to have in ur sump. Your setup quite similar to mine. I made the sump tank with 3 compartments:

1st compartment, 4" length for mechcanical filter.
2nd compartment, 16" length for DSB compartment.
3rd compartment, 10" length for holding my weipro 2012 & 2 pumps.

Go for a 3ft sump tank if you are using wrought iron 2 tier stand. (Just my opinion)

Hope this helps you abit.
Old 20-05-2004, 11:36 PM   #23
devilfire

hey jeff, take note his main tk is a 2.5 ft length.
Old 21-05-2004, 12:47 AM   #24
bonjour2

Thanks all for your tremendous replies. Okay Bro Devilfire ,what is meant by p/p ? If it is the pipe , there is only one hole drilled at 20mm as the overflow pipe , and I intend to use a 2 pump system in Sump( one for weipro , one for return pipe)

Bro Jeff, w/o the glass compartment would be aright imo , if you been to cck ff oppo Farmart , there's one fs setup exactly like what I intend to do.

I am using Fish stand btw.
Old 21-05-2004, 12:50 AM   #25
Navyblue

[QUOTE=devilfire]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyblue
For the sump size, get one that is as big as you can fit, and then you can have the luxury of keeping extra fishes.

i'm curious.. wat u mean??

Sorry for the language, I mean get a sump as big as possible which can fit under your stand or cabinet.
Old 21-05-2004, 01:20 AM   #26
Navyblue

Here is a pic of my skimmate after 2 days, weipro 2012 using weipro 3000 (2500L/H), not very impressive, quite waterry.

In order to adjust the water level to the bottom of the cup, I need to almost close the outlet valve. Which means it can take much more flow without overflowing. I estimated 3500L/H will still be safe. Of course it is an estimation.
Old 21-05-2004, 01:28 AM   #27
Navyblue

Here is a pic of my sump. It is a 24"x12"x16" tank.

Very simple, the downflow is directed to the container at the leftwhich contains filter media. and at the right is a pump that pumps water up. And a skimmer of course.

The dead corals have no purpose, just can't find a place to store them hehe... The same goes with the sand. I intend to get a container to store the sand and make it into a mini DSB, may or may not help.
Old 21-05-2004, 01:56 AM   #28
Jeffrey74

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilfire
hey jeff, take note his main tk is a 2.5 ft length.
izzit... sorry leh been too hardworking lately, need to get my eyes checked liao
Old 21-05-2004, 01:58 AM   #29
Jeffrey74

Bro Jeff, w/o the glass compartment would be aright imo , if you been to cck ff oppo Farmart , there's one fs setup exactly like what I intend to do.

Any exact location for this lfs you talking about? Think I'll visit them to get some idea for my setup too.
Old 21-05-2004, 02:28 AM   #30
bonjour2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey74

Any exact location for this lfs you talking about? Think I'll visit them to get some idea for my setup too.
Okay , the address is Sungei Tengah Road , no65 i think can't remember, just opposite farmmart 5 min. A compund with 3 farms , but one juz shifted to farmmart... not much stuff there , lck110 having the same setup as mention.. but the fs name oas..... aqua.... have the setup i am talking abt , with a 2footer on display w sump tank for sale.