Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Closed Thread

Old 17-11-2008, 02:03 AM   #1
silane
Senior Dragon

Default WARNING: Post count clocking / SPAM

If your posts are missing from Invertebrate Forums, it could be deleted by me. I am very good at detecting post clockings to get entitlement to use PM and to post in Buy/Sell forum. If you still dont get it after I have deleted your post and continue to spam, I will give you infraction such that you will not be able to use the Buy/Sell forum.

No more prior warning will be given before i give you infaction points, take a deleted posts as a warning. Other possibilty can happen is your post count will be reset to 0.

Last edited by silane; 17-11-2008 at 02:12 AM.
Old 18-11-2008, 03:50 PM   #2
acit

Have any of my posts been deleted bro?
Do you give any pm to let them know their post deleted?

Cheers
Acit

Old 18-11-2008, 03:53 PM   #3
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by acit View Post
Have any of my posts been deleted bro?
Do you give any pm to let them know their post deleted?

Cheers
Acit
Think you can check on the your posts in your User Profile ,under statistics.
Old 18-11-2008, 04:00 PM   #4
bbamanda

Bro Silane,

Pardon my ignorance but what do you mean by "post clocking"?? I dun really understand. I have to know so as not to commit this mistake. Pls advise me k?

Amanda..

Old 18-11-2008, 04:30 PM   #5
silane
Senior Dragon

I have been obvserving for a few months, there is quite a significant number of new members whom made posts relevantly and at top speed, there is certain pattern I could see. And once the posts count is reached, they will post in Buy/Sell forums and I dont see anymroe new posts here in Invertebrate forum again. And recently, there is an increase in such members.

One of the criteria to post in AF Buy/Sell forum is to have 50 (or 30 now?) post count. Many newbies signup the member just to do trading and in order for them to post in Buy/Sell, they go around the forums making irrevalant posts to hit the 50 (or 30), this dilute the quality of the forum.

If you are not making posts to get ability to post in Buy/Sell forums, you will not have any problem.

I am particularly watching new members. For those who has higher post count, I am not paying attension on them.

bbamanda and all, just post as per normal, you are ok.

acit, for new members who are post clocking, I will not PM to warn, this is because in the first place they do not have PM function and they can clock faster then my PM and that's why this sticky is here and so as my signature. I dont think I have deleted your post or anything serious. If anything I need you to know, a PM or warning maybe send. The warning is done by the Infraction system, all warning can be seen by all moderators and admins. Usually, I will not choose to use any of these option unless is serious.

Last edited by silane; 18-11-2008 at 04:39 PM.
Old 18-11-2008, 04:35 PM   #6
bbamanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by silane View Post
I have been obvserving for a few months, there is quite a significant number of new members whom made posts relevantly and at top speed, there is certain pattern I could see. And once the posts count is reached, they will post in Buy/Sell forums and I dont see anymroe new posts here in Invertebrate forum again. And recently, there is an increase in such members.

One of the criteria to post in AF Buy/Sell forum is to have 50 (or 30 now?) post count. Many newbies signup the member just to do trading and in order for them to post in Buy/Sell, they go around the forums making irrevalant posts to hit the 50 (or 30), this dilute the quality of the forum.

If you are not making posts to get ability to post in Buy/Sell forums, you will not have any problem.

I am particularly watching new members. For those who has higher post count, I am not paying attension on them.

bbamanda and all, just post as per normal, you are ok.
Tks bro Silane for explaining. Now I fully understand. I post for interest & knowledge. Not for buy/sell

Old 18-11-2008, 07:24 PM   #7
dennal

wow good... some of the new account, their posting sometime is out of the thread and funny.

Old 01-03-2009, 04:10 PM   #8
kendrick_86
User Under Moderation

bro silane, am i on your infraction list?
Old 01-03-2009, 04:16 PM   #9
silane
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendrick_86 View Post
Why do you ask? Are you clocking post so that you can use the Buy/Sell forum??

Check your own member profile:
http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/member.php?u=18969

Under Infraction Tab, do you see anything???
Old 02-03-2009, 03:00 AM   #10
byfun
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendrick_86 View Post
This post, itself look like is post clocking
Closed Thread