Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 22-11-2008, 10:59 PM   #21
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoughTs View Post
nope really, i do not have the slightest thought of blaming the LFS, its my own inexperience and that the first time i actually got lucky and got away with only a snail infestation..
kudos to you bro. i met many people who always blame LFS when it comes to such things.. as well as others that problem came from the supplier.
EvolutionZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2008, 11:00 PM   #22
macshaobao

Default Thoughts

May your shirmps rest in peace.
So sorry to hear that.
I'd seen your shirmps before.
Jia you for your exams... Don't let this affect you.
Old 22-11-2008, 11:29 PM   #23
theanswerseeker

I feel the same as others... Study for ur exam n let them be. Shrimps can be with u for half a year. But ur results will stick with u forever...

Study hard n out the shrimps aside for now yeah? Good luck for ya exams man!
Old 23-11-2008, 12:10 AM   #24
mel81

Take care.
The kind of plants you bought is it those tied on DW?
Old 23-11-2008, 01:02 AM   #25
dennal

bro one more week of exam.
I think this coming week is ur last paper right, hope u can do well. all the best to U.. my last paper on monday...
Old 23-11-2008, 01:37 AM   #26
ThoughTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennal View Post
bro one more week of exam.
I think this coming week is ur last paper right, hope u can do well. all the best to U.. my last paper on monday...
i finished less than half of my papers so far-.-"

3 papers next week.. but well i m still able to study considerably now.. thanks for all the bros concern..

will update you guys when i revamp my tank after exams..
Old 23-11-2008, 02:09 AM   #27
dennal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoughTs View Post
i finished less than half of my papers so far-.-"

3 papers next week.. but well i m still able to study considerably now.. thanks for all the bros concern..

will update you guys when i revamp my tank after exams..
wow still have 3 paper.. all the best to you. hope is not chain together.
Old 23-11-2008, 01:23 PM   #28
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by silane View Post
soak a few days may also have problem, it depends on how concentrate the pesticide was and how much you can get rid of them.

Add activate carbon into your filter and add Old Sea Mud powder into your tank to remove residual toxic.
Bro, in that case, would it be advisible to drain the water used for new plants, and add in carbon and old sea mud powder?

From this incident, it also set me wondering, dw and rocks sold at lfs are potentially at higher risk since most of them are left along the corridor of lfs, which exposed them to more hazzards.

For large dw, how would you suggest cleaning it of parasite and potential foreign toxins? Large dw are not easy to soak in hot water like small dw.

One man's lost is many others gain. With this topic, it set many of us thinking harder and reducing risk of such innocent mistakes.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2008, 09:37 AM   #29
bbamanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcookie View Post
Always soak (like quarantin) plants for a while before introducing into tank. This not only help clean e plants, but also reduce chances of introducing snails or parasites into e tank.

I tink it's not abt monetary lost but seeing LIVES lost that is causing e guilt.

Shimps' lifes are in our hands and if we are not serious, might as well not keep it. What shrimp die can buy more?
Agree! Initially, I did something to cause disaster to my tank & shrimps. My heart felt so pain. Its not abt dying & buying more. Its more like being able to care for them to make sure they survive, live well & can breed too.
Old 24-11-2008, 11:51 AM   #30
randchai

I guess it would be safer to buy plants that are submerged in a tank at the LFS rather than those already out of water and stored in plastic bags waiting for purchase...

At least that way, any pesticides should have leached out at the LFS before heading our way...