Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 27-05-2009, 01:29 PM   #321
Repz

MARINE SOURCES Nitrate Reactor NR-120-6510

http://www.guppysaquariumproducts.co.../prod_479.html

I am currently using this one, filled with deniballs and normal bio balls.

I don't think the recirculation pump is choked because water is still flowing from the unit?
Old 27-05-2009, 05:49 PM   #322
atom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repz View Post
MARINE SOURCES Nitrate Reactor NR-120-6510

http://www.guppysaquariumproducts.co.../prod_479.html

I am currently using this one, filled with deniballs and normal bio balls.

I don't think the recirculation pump is choked because water is still flowing from the unit?
Can u post the picture over here as I have a problem of getting into the website.
Old 27-05-2009, 07:54 PM   #323
Repz

Old 27-05-2009, 08:02 PM   #324
octane
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
atom! very familiar hor. haha..
octane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2009, 09:22 PM   #325
atom

There should not be any smell of hydrogen sulphite.

1. Try increase the output flowrate further. If the smell is not there, test the output after 1 day for nitrate n nitrite.

2. If above not successful, time for maintenance.
Old 28-05-2009, 08:31 AM   #326
Repz

Thanks you for your quick reply!

I will definitely increase the output till there is no more smell and test for nitrates and nitrites.

I just have a quick question
Even if the process is incomplete and nitrites are comming from the output of the denitrator, will the media in my sump convert the nitrites into nitrates? or there may be a issue of nitrites in my water?
Old 28-05-2009, 09:51 PM   #327
atom

Quote:
Thanks you for your quick reply!

I will definitely increase the output till there is no more smell and test for nitrates and nitrites.

I just have a quick question
Even if the process is incomplete and nitrites are comming from the output of the denitrator, will the media in my sump convert the nitrites into nitrates? or there may be a issue of nitrites in my water?
Theoretically no. When the output mix with the main tank's water column, it will be so diluted until the tester will not detect the presence of nitrite.

But ......due to S'pore syndrome, it is better to direct the output to the 1st stage of sump. For my case, I direct the output to the ozone reactor inside my sump. The ozone will oxidised any loose nitrite to nitrate and zap any bacteria coming out from the denitrator.
Old 31-05-2009, 11:42 AM   #328
BigeyeFish
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom View Post
Theoretically no. When the output mix with the main tank's water column, it will be so diluted until the tester will not detect the presence of nitrite.

But ......due to S'pore syndrome, it is better to direct the output to the 1st stage of sump. For my case, I direct the output to the ozone reactor inside my sump. The ozone will oxidised any loose nitrite to nitrate and zap any bacteria coming out from the denitrator.
Bro atom, in practical with denitrator, how much NO2/NO3 in % can be reduce overall in general comparing to no denitrator with same base case of tank size, sump, medias, bioloads. Saw your pics of slime in the first page and seems interesting.
BigeyeFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:40 PM   #329
ostrava

I am new to this gadget, i have a 65 litre marine tank, would like to add a denitrator to my current setup, any brand and model of denitrator to intro for such a setup?
Old 03-06-2009, 04:41 PM   #330
atom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigeyeFish View Post
Bro atom, in practical with denitrator, how much NO2/NO3 in % can be reduce overall in general comparing to no denitrator with same base case of tank size, sump, medias, bioloads. Saw your pics of slime in the first page and seems interesting.
NO2?

A denitrator should produce 0 NO3 at the output. In general, if the tank produces 20 mg/l a week, the output flowrate of the denitrator should be min 1x turnover per day inorder to keep the NO3 below 20 mg/l.