Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences

Old 19-09-2015, 02:10 PM   #1
CheckerBox
Dragon

Default My Manacapuru pair

It's been years since I last posted anything on Manacapuru. Anyway, here's my Manacapuru pair. They are F1 from my own breeding a few years back. I raise them from eggs till adulthood and hopefully they'll deliver me the F2.

In addition, there has been some interests lately on the Manacapuru recently. And some fellow hobbyists have also sent me queries on whether some recent imports are the real thing or not?

Sadly, every year during the Altum season, we'll see these foreign imports coming into Singapore with serious labelling problem. Many are merely hybrids with strong domestic genes but they are labelled as original pure wild strains. These are at best considered hybrids and many are domestic angels but sold as wild strains to command the premiums. Many hobbyists over the years have paid "school fees" on this. This is particularly true for angels from Taiwan and other NE Asia countries. They have a tendency to label their angels quite loosely. I'll start a separate thread to discuss about this issue if required just to keep our local hobbyists informed.

But for now, enjoy the pics of these "thorough local bred" Manacapuru from pure wild lineage.

P/S: .... who said F1 cannot have good coloration and only the wild ones will develop intense red?

CheckerBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2015, 02:12 PM   #2
CheckerBox
Dragon

Here's a video of the pair.... Enjoy.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 19-09-2015, 03:21 PM   #3
Bigfoot1989
Dragon

Wow very nice. I kept wild mana angelfish before. Can say that ur red are brighter haha. What u feed them?
Bigfoot1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2015, 04:30 PM   #4
CheckerBox
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot1989 View Post
Wow very nice. I kept wild mana angelfish before. Can say that ur red are brighter haha. What u feed them?
Hikari Bio Gold and Tropical Krill Gran and Tropical Spirulina Gran. Standard pellet food that I feed to all my angels (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...light=bio+gold). Not so much about the food but its in the genes and good water conditions.

Moreover, for brood stocks, it is important not to feed artificial color enhancing food. It'll affect the reproductive ability and immune system of the fish. This is the same problem in some discus which are fed with CR6 or other hormones substances. Some will become infertile after being fed such artificial color enhancing food. No breeder in the right mind will want to feed their breeding stock such stuffs.
Old 19-09-2015, 04:57 PM   #5
Aquafren

Nice red shoulder of the angels. What is the pair's approximate size?
Aquafren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2015, 06:32 PM   #6
NI KI
Arofanatic

very beautiful
NI KI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2015, 10:31 PM   #7
khunlim
Arofanatic

wow Bro,

Showed your pair liao.........that means F2 coming soon........

Looking forward.

khunlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2015, 08:56 PM   #8
BEST
Arofanatic

Bro, your F1 really Long life. My F1 gone to heaven already now F2 is doing F3 but eggs always turn SAGO, can sell them to Dessert stall. On my side total 7 spawns including one yesterday.
Let me guess, the 1st image is a Male, 2nd image, the Female is the Black tail with a cut, correct me if I'm wrong.
BEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2015, 10:25 AM   #9
bettadis
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckerBox View Post
Here's a video of the pair.... Enjoy.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Nice pair bro, how big is yr breeding tank?
bettadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2015, 12:07 PM   #10
AngryMan
Senior Dragon

Nice collection.
AngryMan is offline   Reply With Quote