Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Announcements & Guidelines

Closed Thread

Old 20-05-2007, 02:08 AM   #101
yijing55

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTBC View Post
FYI. I have read through the complete thread (tis one) b4 I give my opinion.
I believe you and most of us know very well what the point system bring about in this forum. You have achieved what you desire for but you also know very well what's going on behind the scene. I am not young thus mature enough to understand take/let go but majority of the members here are young. What are thier responses? Do they take it lightly and what direction of morale cultivation does it move towards? Is it healthy?
Are you going to let it be in order to have a system that work 'fine' to you?

I am 100% not against the point system but only have different opinion on the method of implementation. I think it is fine to have point system for members but point should be awarded by the section moderators and appointed senior members who have rise up to their reputation through proper and effective assessment.

I could have simply keep my mouth shut and walk away just as you said this is a free to go bulletin board but i think i should and right to bring this up for awareness be it for yourself or others.
Lastly, I treasure those nice bros contributions to this if not wonderful forum.
Good Night and think before you act. Is it the right way?
Mojority of the members here are young??
You refering to age or thinking??
What i see is we have members who are young in age but mature in thinking and members mature in age but young in thinking and vice versa...
Basically we have members from all walks of life...

If points can only be given by moderators, i think they will faint at the sight of their pm everytime they log in...
It would be like the old system...
Appoint senior members, many people will have things to tok about again, "how XXX come is appointed, on what basis", etc...

Last time before got rep pt, people chase post counts and also many things to tok about on post counts...
Neverending one....
Well, it is impossible to please everyone...

Its up to individual to read and interpret...

Old 20-05-2007, 07:09 AM   #102
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
FYI. I have read through the complete thread (tis one) b4 I give my opinion.
I believe you and most of us know very well what the point system bring about in this forum. You have achieved what you desire for but you also know very well what's going on behind the scene. I am not young thus mature enough to understand take/let go but majority of the members here are young. What are thier responses? Do they take it lightly and what direction of morale cultivation does it move towards? Is it healthy?
Are you going to let it be in order to have a system that work 'fine' to you?

I am 100% not against the point system but only have different opinion on the method of implementation. I think it is fine to have point system for members but point should be awarded by the section moderators and appointed senior members who have rise up to their reputation through proper and effective assessment.

I could have simply keep my mouth shut and walk away just as you said this is a free to go bulletin board but i think i should and right to bring this up for awareness be it for yourself or others.
Lastly, I treasure those nice bros contributions to this if not wonderful forum.
Good Night and think before you act. Is it the right way?
Like I say earlier, u have ur opinions, I have mine. U think ur right way, then go implement it where u can, where u deem fit. If I have to follow your right way and thereafter another user has his own right way, wow ... wouldn't I be swaying left and right. Do what u wish where u can. Here u do what and how we wanted it to be. The webby is funded by us, designed by us, and the activities created by us. We owe no one nothing. And yet everyone wants to impose their right ideas on us. Is this some kind of joke ?
Old 20-05-2007, 03:27 PM   #103
JTBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhtan View Post
Like I say earlier, u have ur opinions, I have mine. U think ur right way, then go implement it where u can, where u deem fit. If I have to follow your right way and thereafter another user has his own right way, wow ... wouldn't I be swaying left and right. Do what u wish where u can. Here u do what and how we wanted it to be. The webby is funded by us, designed by us, and the activities created by us. We owe no one nothing. And yet everyone wants to impose their right ideas on us. Is this some kind of joke ?
Definitely you have every right to do want you want here bcos it belongs to you. Nobody is asking you MUST change BUT IT IS JUST A SUGGESTION AND PERSONAL OPINION after all.
Yes, if anyone cannot accept the way the system work he can choose to opt out. There is no right or wrong but on individual choice.

Old 20-05-2007, 03:41 PM   #104
JTBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yijing55 View Post
You refering to age or thinking??
What i see is we have members who are young in age but mature in thinking and members mature in age but young in thinking and vice versa...
Basically we have members from all walks of life...

If points can only be given by moderators, i think they will faint at the sight of their pm everytime they log in...
Appoint senior members, many people will have things to tok about again, "how XXX come is appointed, on what basis", etc...

Last time before got rep pt, people chase post counts and also many things to tok about on post counts...
Neverending one....
Well, it is impossible to please everyone...

Its up to individual to read and interpret...
I am refering to thinking (mature mind) and withdraw age factor if anyone misunderstood it. My apolozie.
I really appreciate those who sincerely making contributions to the forum and I salute them for their valuable input and their rep points are genuine. Nevetheless this system also develope ppl sweet talking skill and discourage/limit some valuable inputs. THE END.

Old 20-05-2007, 04:04 PM   #105
JTBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yijing55 View Post
Sorry, some points to add. PM is not an issue as they can always set a daily limit to it just as your pm box.
If you are cencern about this kind of feedback you are not ready to work with the system. That's all i have to say. There many forums runnig without a point system and they are able to manage it.
AF is ahead of them to me but some issue needs to be further fine tune that's all.

Old 20-05-2007, 05:49 PM   #106
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Definitely you have every right to do want you want here bcos it belongs to you. Nobody is asking you MUST change BUT IT IS JUST A SUGGESTION AND PERSONAL OPINION after all.
Yes, if anyone cannot accept the way the system work he can choose to opt out. There is no right or wrong but on individual choice.
Thank you very much for your suggestion. But we dun need it. Everyone has their own suggestion and everyone thinks their suggestion is the ideal suggestion. As for your personal opinion, please keep them to yourself since it is personal.
Old 23-05-2007, 04:59 PM   #107
.S.
Arofanatic

Hi Administrator

Could you please help me to expose this person who zapped me with vulgar comments?

Is this LH Worth... 23-05-2007 11:26 AM zAp U!!!!!!!...assHole

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhtan View Post
I will expose the person whose comments are vulgar. And I think very quickly the person who does it will be zapped to oblivion. This system actually kind of pass on the powers of moderation to the general members rather than rely solely on the moderators to monitor all the threads. And I think those who whine over the one point they get deducted will very quickly be zapped even more for whining.
Old 23-05-2007, 09:11 PM   #108
BarraCuda™
SiaoGu Gives You Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by .S. View Post
Hi Administrator

Could you please help me to expose this person who zapped me with vulgar comments?

Is this LH Worth... 23-05-2007 11:26 AM zAp U!!!!!!!...assHole
The bugger is Buzzer898

I have zapped him.
Old 23-05-2007, 09:22 PM   #109
.S.
Arofanatic

Hi Moderator

Thank you very much.

Actually I have a mixed feeling now...feel bad to have him exposed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarraCuda™ View Post
The bugger is Buzzer898

I have zapped him.
Old 23-05-2007, 11:27 PM   #110
Buzzer898
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarraCuda™ View Post
The bugger is Buzzer898

I have zapped him.
Senior Moderator........ It's OK.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by .S. View Post
Hi Moderator

Thank you very much.

Actually I have a mixed feeling now...feel bad to have him exposed
and you stop shredding crocodile tears.....you are no better than me...I know who you are ....& your previous nick....anyway....

Let's hope you dont do what you preached this time with your new nick...!
Closed Thread