Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 08-10-2010, 10:48 AM   #31
jaicharu26

Quote:
Originally Posted by cylap888 View Post
What kind of medicine? Can recommend which brand is good?
forgot the brand already...was a brown pill type and worked well for me...can ask the shop people and see what they recommend...I will check out the brand next time I head to my LFS and let you know.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:28 PM   #32
jaicharu26

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackgf View Post
Hmm bladder problem? This fellow back stroke position at the bottom of the tank. Today everything is fine now, this fellow is back to normal.
Thats good news...he just want to show off
Old 12-10-2010, 10:53 PM   #33
blackgf
Arofanatic

Today add another tier to my OHF. The add is on the top layer, each tray a pce of magic clean are placed. The whole objective is to reduce changing of white cotton wool & magic clean can filter waste & maintain clear & clean water too. Also do not place the magic clean directly on top of the cotton wool as water will choke & result water overflow.

In short, adding another tier to prevent water over flow & reduce of replacing of cotton wool which translates in cost saving too!!
blackgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2010, 04:27 PM   #34
jaicharu26

Quote:
Originally Posted by cylap888 View Post
What kind of medicine? Can recommend which brand is good?
bro, just for update. The brand is "ocean free -recovery 4" .has worked well for me.
Old 15-10-2010, 07:58 PM   #35
blackgf
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaicharu26 View Post
bro, just for update. The brand is "ocean free -recovery 4" .has worked well for me.
Orh!! One of my golfie always stay below & hardly moves around. I think is the tummy bloated thingy. After two days later, up lorry!!

Now my only issue is the tank inside hv algae forming here & there, kinda of ugly as patches forming on certain areas of the tank area. Anyones know how to get rid if it?
Old 16-10-2010, 04:33 PM   #36
jaicharu26

Quote:
Orh!! One of my golfie always stay below & hardly moves around. I think is the tummy bloated thingy. After two days later, up lorry!!

Now my only issue is the tank inside hv algae forming here & there, kinda of ugly as patches forming on certain areas of the tank area. Anyones know how to get rid if it?
Aiyo, so sad! closely monitor the rest of them.

As for algae, no choice but to manually clean...Or, most of the advise given here, is to get a pleco...BUT PLS QUARANTINE THE PLECO 1ST BEFORE PUTTING HIM IN YOUR TANK ...I almost lost all my GFs because I lazy to quarantine, the fella was sick and infected my GFs!!
Old 17-10-2010, 01:33 AM   #37
AK47
Dragon

Default Goldfish

Hi bro,

I faced the same problem too last time. Now the new batch of GF I bought, I put them in a tank or pail with air pump for at least 4 days. Then everyday I took a scoop of water from the main tank and and pour into the pail. For 3 days if my pail GF no angels, then I put them into my main tank BUT not with the water from the pail. For far, ok and touch wood nothing happens. Super tedious.
AK47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 04:36 PM   #38
jaicharu26

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47 View Post
Hi bro,

I faced the same problem too last time. Now the new batch of GF I bought, I put them in a tank or pail with air pump for at least 4 days. Then everyday I took a scoop of water from the main tank and and pour into the pail. For 3 days if my pail GF no angels, then I put them into my main tank BUT not with the water from the pail. For far, ok and touch wood nothing happens. Super tedious.
So you quarantine for a total of 7 days?...Very tedious!
Old 17-10-2010, 06:08 PM   #39
blackgf
Arofanatic

Quote:
Wow 7 days!! I brought the replacement dyer gf and dump it into my tank without quarantine at all

as for the algae issue, I brought "super green away" Qian Hu products. Not too sure this products effective or not leh. Am thinking to get UV light but not too sure what brand or watts output for a 4ft tank.

Pleco fish is Aka sucker fish?? Is yes don't like the idea having one coz is super fugly!!
Old 18-10-2010, 07:52 AM   #40
AK47
Dragon

Quote:
hahah... bo pian.. cos I used to have problems with GF and I tried this and till now, my GF still swimming together.

Quote:
Wow 7 days!! I brought the replacement dyer gf and dump it into my tank without quarantine at all

as for the algae issue, I brought "super green away" Qian Hu products. Not too sure this products effective or not leh. Am thinking to get UV light but not too sure what brand or watts output for a 4ft tank.

Pleco fish is Aka sucker fish?? Is yes don't like the idea having one coz is super fugly!!
The sucker fish I also dare not put cos I scare it will transmit diseases leh. Maybe me too fussy.
AK47 is offline   Reply With Quote