Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Aquatic Showcase & Photography

Old 20-10-2009, 05:09 PM   #71
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

thanks!
media is settled as of now (unless want to add more in future)

top tray :
blue mat/sponge follow by ANS bater rio 9000 1kg.
middle tray :
SERA filter wool( will change to mika wool that can be cut to size for easy usage)
follow by 9L MR AQUA S size CRs.
bottom tray :
1kg nanotaro BH, 2 sticks china BH, 4sticks japan BH(OTF) follow by 1L MR Aqua CRs, 1kg Biohome PLUS
base tray :
1kg biohome.

today is day 7 of cycling.. as im using some old media + bateria starter.. added some cycling fish already.. all eating very well and no deaths at all..im also using SUNSUN JVP-101 3000l/hr to blow away poo.. i am wondering if a juv motoro ray can take the flow rate?
EvolutionZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 05:41 PM   #72
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

inside the "cabinet" using some leftover of the plastic cardboard do the trick of using it as a
canbinet to place stuffs there..
Old 20-10-2009, 10:09 PM   #73
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

i used magnet strip bought from daiso to secure the plastic on the metal stand..
Old 20-10-2009, 10:45 PM   #74
doubleace

very creative... DIY really save alot..
Old 20-10-2009, 11:00 PM   #75
thomas-seah
Arofanatic

walao DIY KING !!!!! no horse run.
may i know is that your fengshui location ? i thought i saw a 9 koi painting.
thomas-seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 11:10 PM   #76
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleace View Post
very creative... DIY really save alot..
thanks.. yes it does.. but easily can see its DIY work instead of those standard cabinet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas-seah View Post
walao DIY KING !!!!! no horse run.
may i know is that your fengshui location ? i thought i saw a 9 koi painting.
haha.. thanks thanks.. that painting used to be another puzzle done by my mum and framed up there.. but since we decided to place the tank there, that big puzzle had to move and replace that koi painting.

. im not too sure about fengshui.. but from what i heard from my uncle, this is the best place to put my tank..because the door and the window of my house is directly opposite(facing each other directly) , fengshui says that it will lou cai(drain fortune) .. its best to put something or do a partition in the middle to split it up so that it blocks the flow of the door and window.. hope all the *cai* it blocks prosper my livestocks.
Old 20-10-2009, 11:31 PM   #77
thomas-seah
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionZ View Post
haha.. thanks thanks.. that painting used to be another puzzle done by my mum and framed up there.. but since we decided to place the tank there, that big puzzle had to move and replace that koi painting.

. im not too sure about fengshui.. but from what i heard from my uncle, this is the best place to put my tank..because the door and the window of my house is directly opposite(facing each other directly) , fengshui says that it will lou cai(drain fortune) .. its best to put something or do a partition in the middle to split it up so that it blocks the flow of the door and window.. hope all the *cai* it blocks prosper my livestocks.
sounds like that's the north. but the best is a big divider or curtain to place there in order to collect your 'cai'
i really cannot tahan your DIY. i just painted my stand from raw metal and hoped u'll be around when my 422 arrived.
Old 20-10-2009, 11:38 PM   #78
doubleace

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionZ View Post
thanks.. yes it does.. but easily can see its DIY work instead of those standard cabinet.

you mean fish tank cannot face the door or window in feng shui?
Old 20-10-2009, 11:40 PM   #79
awj2703

ur DIY makes me wanna re clean up my tank and stand again
Old 20-10-2009, 11:46 PM   #80
thomas-seah
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleace View Post
you mean fish tank cannot face the door or window in feng shui?
no lah bro, u can put something between windows and main door for blocking the flow of wind/air/qi in order to collect the fortune.