Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Aquatic Showcase & Photography

Old 08-03-2006, 11:06 AM   #241
zoids
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamt
I am still trying to figure out the best way to do it with the least hassle and damage to the water, fish and minimum handling. Once I figure out will do it asap but will be after my trip liao lor

Would it be possible to lower down the water, transmore the fish, then put carbon to absorb the transmore and then top up with water? Like that the transmore concentration in the water will be reduced. I'm really not sure if the transmore can be absorbed my the carbon but it's just a suggestion. Maybe another chemical can be added to neutralise the transmore?
zoids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 11:15 AM   #242
williamt
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoids
Would it be possible to lower down the water, transmore the fish, then put carbon to absorb the transmore and then top up with water? Like that the transmore concentration in the water will be reduced. I'm really not sure if the transmore can be absorbed my the carbon but it's just a suggestion. Maybe another chemical can be added to neutralise the transmore?
I don't think so bro carbon can work and I also don't want to take the risk in case there is still transmore in the tank.

Definitely got to reduce water level if not I will need a lot of transmore to knock this fellow out. Still not sure which is the best way to do.
williamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 11:19 AM   #243
kagemaru

Quote:
I actually thought of using a 10" width plastic bag, bag that bugger in without water and bring it out horizontally and then transmore it in another bag but hor bagging it is gonna be tough job man
no worry he so fat

use the dry method best liao...the most is one person catch tail one catch head

one shot throw inside another 30"bag standby outside the tank...lidat easier to manage...catch fish I can help abit
Old 08-03-2006, 11:22 AM   #244
Panther
Dragon

Quote:
I am still trying to figure out the best way to do it with the least hassle and damage to the water, fish and minimum handling. Once I figure out will do it asap but will be after my trip liao lor
When you decide on the op, can call me to witness? If need me to help (whatever you think I'm useful for...mop florr after that?) also can. Would just want to be present
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 11:24 AM   #245
williamt
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagemaru
no worry he so fat

use the dry method best liao...the most is one person catch tail one catch head

one shot throw inside another 30"bag standby outside the tank...lidat easier to manage...catch fish I can help abit
trying to get the fish into the bag is gonna be real tough. The opening for 10" bag is not that big hor, almost exactly fit the fish nia hor. Will consult my friend 1st
Old 08-03-2006, 11:26 AM   #246
kagemaru

Quote:
trying to get the fish into the bag is gonna be real tough. The opening for 10" bag is not that big hor, almost exactly fit the fish nia hor. Will consult my friend 1st
kns use bigger abit la...

12" or 14" bag...give some allowance mah...fit until nice nice...

like tat night...take one small bag transfer those XBs dry

lolz...still an interesting experience...esp doing it after a can of beer
Old 08-03-2006, 11:26 AM   #247
williamt
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther
When you decide on the op, can call me to witness? If need me to help (whatever you think I'm useful for...mop florr after that?) also can. Would just want to be present
no need mop floor lah bro. You want to see what huh?? Sometime I siao siao 1 hor, after a few glass of whisky might just take the bag and do it there and then
Old 08-03-2006, 11:28 AM   #248
kagemaru

Quote:
no need mop floor lah bro. You want to see what huh?? Sometime I siao siao 1 hor, after a few glass of whisky might just take the bag and do it there and then
yalor...sometimes I also go shifting my aros around one...see buay song...change parade...sometimes panda also buay tahan me...*lucky I got mop the floor
Old 08-03-2006, 11:29 AM   #249
zoids
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Maybe can use koi net to net the bugger up. Then standby moist cloth and catch the fish from then and put into bag outside. Just scared the barbels nia. Bagging a big fish using 10" big not easy ... esp in big tank with little clearence height.
zoids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 11:30 AM   #250
williamt
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagemaru
kns use bigger abit la...

12" or 14" bag...give some allowance mah...fit until nice nice...

like tat night...take one small bag transfer those XBs dry

lolz...still an interesting experience...esp doing it after a can of beer
pond easier then tank hor. That type I see until don't see liao. Dead meat liao.
Hmmm maybe do it this few days or maybe do it tonight