Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 29-04-2003, 10:59 AM   #31
LASERGUY

Quote:
Originally posted by happybuddha
Hmm... is that a typo, bro?

5 ~ 9 am correspond to the sun rising and hence an increase in temperature compared to the wee hours when temp dropped. So I think it should be an increase instead of a decrease in temp that stimulate spawning.

My own observation is the chasing behaviour starts around 9 am while the actual spawning begins around 10:30 to 11 am. The female smokes her satisfying after-sex cigarette around noon.
What I meant was the temp at that period is generally lower than the average temp of the whole day.
I presumed different fishes have different preference, for my black female, she would always spawn at 5 ~ 6 am in the morning especially in the colder morning (like December period.) From what I gather from other fellow members on the other thread, some of their fishes may start later like 8 ~ 9 am. But never in the afternoon.
Old 30-04-2003, 12:12 AM   #32
andthex

Interesting exchanges of information here bros.......
Its how novice like me will learn from you guys.

Well done and keep the information flowing......
Old 17-05-2003, 11:26 AM   #33
avidjigger72

Thanks guys !

I have tried the water dropping method and seems that to maintain the low water temperature is also a very tricky part.

I have even placed them in a smaller tank (3ft) and even then its quite a task to maintain the temperature. I might add also through my trial and error I have come across this disease called "pinecone" disease whereby the symptoms are that the goldfish bloats up suddenly with all the scales protruding out hence looking like a pinecone.

Sadly to add this is a terminal disease and true to its course, my goldfish died soon after (2days)

This disease is said to strike when the temperature of the water drops too drastically and too erratically. eg 28deg to 20deg
Old 20-05-2003, 08:09 PM   #34
egstring

Quote:
Originally posted by avidjigger72
Thanks guys !

I have tried the water dropping method and seems that to maintain the low water temperature is also a very tricky part.

I have even placed them in a smaller tank (3ft) and even then its quite a task to maintain the temperature. I might add also through my trial and error I have come across this disease called "pinecone" disease whereby the symptoms are that the goldfish bloats up suddenly with all the scales protruding out hence looking like a pinecone.

Sadly to add this is a terminal disease and true to its course, my goldfish died soon after (2days)

This disease is said to strike when the temperature of the water drops too drastically and too erratically. eg 28deg to 20deg
the disease u are toking about is DROPSY i think....
mostly known cause is prolong poor water quality.....
dunno abt temperature drop though
Old 26-05-2003, 04:12 AM   #35
GMLOVER

Question Price dif on male and female

Hi Guys, I am new to GF. Pls adivse me, is there any dif other than Sex dif? How abt $$$? thks!
Old 26-05-2003, 04:18 AM   #36
Idiocy

Default Re: Price dif on male and female

Quote:
Originally posted by GMLOVER
Hi Guys, I am new to GF. Pls adivse me, is there any dif other than Sex dif? How abt $$$? thks!
i don't think sex affects the price much unless you are getting extremely high quality gfs?

other different then sex? erm, different breeds?
different breeds, different cost, different quality, also different cost, hehe
Old 27-05-2003, 08:22 PM   #37
GMLOVER

Default Thanks!

Thanks! bro
Old 10-06-2003, 01:15 PM   #38
SuperRed808

Quote:
Originally posted by Xerovix
first posted by happybuddha...

L=Male; R=Female

wow.. is breeding goldfish easy??
Old 13-06-2003, 12:27 AM   #39
HMTan

Default Male or Female?

Male goldfish (any breed ) when mature will form white pearl on the side of the head just behind the eye and also at both the fin.
Old 13-06-2003, 07:53 PM   #40
goldfishfever

Quote:
Originally posted by SuperRed808
wow.. is breeding goldfish easy??
It is a matter of time and space.